Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 05:13:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So did "God's Law" sanction the Dozier horror?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So did "God's Law" sanction the Dozier horror?  (Read 318 times)
Winston

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:26:44 pm »

Reform school or slave/death camp for children?  And not in some brutal extremist third world country, but in one of our most sought after states, Florida. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246378/Dozier-School-Report-reveals-19-unmarked-graves-Florida-boys-reform-school.html

But the South has always had its own harsh views.   One Arkansas legislator, Charlie Fuqua, former lawyer for the Arkansas Dept.of Human Services, even thinks the death penalty for children is in keeping with God's law (!?), and wrote a book about it.   Jim Bob Duggar (also once an Ark. state rep, now more famous and rich off having 19 kids) donated to Fuqua's campaign.  (They both lost their last public office bids.)

"...Fuqua doesn't think execution would have to be used often on children..."  (Well, no, I guess one execution per child ought to do it.)
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/08/republican-candidate-fuqua-endorses-death-penalty-for-rebellious-children

Absolutely astounding what some people in, or aiming at, power in this day and age still think is "moral and right."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:15:20 pm »

Absolutely astounding what some people in, or aiming at, power in this day and age still think is "moral and right."

I couldn't agree more.! Just browsed the links...first time I've read anything about this Dozier School for Boys in Florida.  I'm afraid I don't have much use for Christian fundamentalism.....
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:32:10 pm »

OMG...Winston....I am apologizing! The thread title went right over my head the other day. I wasn't connecting what I'd written on another thread about the "Law of One" to this new thread...duh!  Embarrassed  I'm afraid that sometimes it's not good to hint at things with me....I actually need to be hit over the head with it.  

To answer the question...did God's Law sanction the Dorzier horror? I personally don't think so because that would make God a monster.  I'm actually not sure I understand if, or how, this is explained in the LoO Ra Material. It seems that there must be a catalyst in order for the soul to evolve and that if lives were perfect that couldn't happen. I haven't gotten into the Ra Material that much but I do believe it has significance. However, I fully understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.    

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum