Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 02:33:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bill Black's "demotion"

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Black's "demotion"  (Read 96 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:29:45 am »

Bill Black has been demoted in the state legislature. Why? Because he did not follow party lines and vote the way he was "told" by party leaders. In my opinion, that is HOGWASH!!!

A representative of the people should vote the way his/her constituents want him to vote. They are the ones who are paying his salary, not the party leaders.

I guess if I would ever run for an office that required party affiliation, I would not run as either a Republican or a Democrat, Green or even Purple party, rather I would run as an Independent.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:57:24 am »

Bill Black has been demoted in the state legislature. Why? Because he did not follow party lines and vote the way he was "told" by party leaders. In my opinion, that is HOGWASH!!!

A representative of the people should vote the way his/her constituents want him to vote. They are the ones who are paying his salary, not the party leaders.

I guess if I would ever run for an office that required party affiliation, I would not run as either a Republican or a Democrat, Green or even Purple party, rather I would run as an Independent.
Tuck, you are correct.  Bill Black has done a very good job in his post as assistant leader.  The Repubs should be ashamed of themselves.  Oh yeah !  I remember now, politicans have no shame.
Report Spam   Logged
kdi307

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:52:57 am »

I have had to ask bill black numerious times  about items  concerning bills,legislatation and he has ALWAYS gotten back to me asap with answers , i feel that he has been an excellent rep: and has done as best as he could.  He did not let my being a democrat  which he knew i was one  interfere in responding back to me. I think he knew he would take heat for his vote but he was representing his constituents.  I feel what tom cross and the rest of the republican party  did to bill black was wrong. just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum