Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 11:58:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Danville drug program grad faces murder charge

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Danville drug program grad faces murder charge  (Read 130 times)
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:36:06 pm »

PENSACOLA, Fla. – A former Danville woman and her daughter, along with a third woman, are in jail in northern Florida, awaiting trial on charges alleging they killed a teenage girl by beating her and setting her on fire...

According to Escambia County, Fla., State's Attorney Bill Eddins, the three females attacked Ms. Zimmerman on March 24 in woods near her home. There they poured gasoline on Ms. Zimmerman and set her on fire. Nearby residents called 911 after seeing the severely burned woman...

Brown had been an assistant manager at California Catering in Danville until about a year ago, according to owner Mary Lewis.

"She had been a model employee. She was personable. She showed up for work on time, worked extra if I needed her," Lewis said. "I trusted her with driving my car, living in my house and working at my business."

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/courts-police-and-fire/2010-06-26/danville-drug-program-grad-faces-murder-charge.html

Ms. Lewis,...general rule: Once a junkie, always a junkie...I thought everyone knew that...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:31:14 am »

They beat the 19-year-old mother of two with a crowbar and zapped her with a stun gun. Then they doused her with flammable liquid and set her aflame.
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/04/audreanna_zimmerman_teen_mothe.php

Investigators said there was a disagreement among the women over a man.
http://www.pnj.com/article/20100611/NEWS01/6110333/Death-penalty-sought-in-burning-attack

Destroying oneself and one's conscience through addiction is deplorable and generally tragic, but destroying another in such a torturous manner requires a depth of depravity unthinkable and unforgivable to most.  In my view, there is no degree of a "hard, hard, hard life" that can justify such psychopathic cruelty and no amount of "rehabilitation" that can mitigate it.  The hatefilled eyes of those older women show their souls are already dead;  the death penalty is a mere formality that should finish the hideous process they themselves began. 

Florida allows the death row inmate's choice of either lethal injection or electrocution;  being stun-gunned, beaten with a crowbar and burnt to death is not an option.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:44:27 am »

Ms. Lewis,...general rule: Once a junkie, always a junkie...I thought everyone knew that...

Yes, and no Buzz.............I am glad you prefaced your statement tho...general rule. As you know, my oldest daughter is  an addict, but has now been clean for over 5 years. It is a battle, but she is proof that people can turn their lives around.
Report Spam   Logged
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 04:24:25 pm »

Good for her...
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

They beat the 19-year-old mother of two with a crowbar and zapped her with a stun gun. Then they doused her with flammable liquid and set her aflame.
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/04/audreanna_zimmerman_teen_mothe.php

Investigators said there was a disagreement among the women over a man.
http://www.pnj.com/article/20100611/NEWS01/6110333/Death-penalty-sought-in-burning-attack

Destroying oneself and one's conscience through addiction is deplorable and generally tragic, but destroying another in such a torturous manner requires a depth of depravity unthinkable and unforgivable to most.  In my view, there is no degree of a "hard, hard, hard life" that can justify such psychopathic cruelty and no amount of "rehabilitation" that can mitigate it.  The hatefilled eyes of those older women show their souls are already dead;  the death penalty is a mere formality that should finish the hideous process they themselves began. 

Florida allows the death row inmate's choice of either lethal injection or electrocution;  being stun-gunned, beaten with a crowbar and burnt to death is not an option.

Brutality exists everywhere...like the teenage boys who raped and beat and tortured the mother of a 12 yr. old boy and then forced him to participate...or the teenagers who killed a mentally disabled girl after they mercilessly beat, raped, and sodomized her with everything they could get their hands on. Torture and brutality have root causes and I agree that after the deeds are done no amount of rehabilitation can excuse the evil of it but I just think that as a society we need to examine the root causes when these things happen.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »

My personal opinion is that there is good and bad in everyone, always has been, always will be.  There are people at the extreme on both.  Mother Theresa and Jeffrey Dahmer, for example.

I seriously doubt that there is a 'root cause' for evil that can be scientifically overcome.  Of course there was that movie in which the 'authorities' could predict who would become criminals.  Science fiction...

'The soul is dead' seems appropriate...
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:48 pm »

Supposedly we come into this world innocent...so if a child is raised with cannibals, the child will become a cannibal....does that make him/her evil. Just food for thought. (No pun intended)

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

I have known people who live in poverty and have on occasion stole things because that was the only way they could have those things. What bothers me most is these people don't think it's wrong. It's just a way of life. The only life they have known.  I'm not saying all people who live in poverty steals. It just makes you say, huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:40 pm »

Those type, IMHO, believe the world owes them.  It probably also has to do with their upbringing, or lack thereof.

To beat someone and set them on fire, however, is on a different level.  This is a 'Hate Crime' born of inner rage, regardless of the color of the victim's or perp's skin.  Agree?

DejaVu's question of where that inner rage comes from is interesting, but on the same level as how can 'space' be endless?  Let the philosophers debate it.  As MLK, Jr. said: 'Justice delayed is justice denied.'
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum