Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 08:52:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Tonight's offering

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight's offering  (Read 310 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:33:25 pm »

...Intelligence is viewed as arrogance and conceit by those who don’t have it or don’t want it....

(No cheating, read the whole article)

http://www.jayweidner.com/Archons.html
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:16 pm »

Speaking of something fishy, doggone it, all this "alien thinking" sure does seem like a portal to wayout wickedness -- almost every time there's a link to such weirdness, not only VV but the whole blasted SMF server gets abducted!  (I assume others besides Yours Drooly had some Connection Problems today... I just hope the aliens aren't holding DV and Lady GA -- their presence is mightily missed! Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:38:19 am »

I had server problems too, not only on here but on other free forums I read so I guess you get what you pay for because the old Briarpatch, the one we have to pay a yearly fee for, worked fine..........

I am lurking Winston and I'll bet DJ is too.  I just get tired of all the doom and gloom so I rarely post anymore and besides I enjoy Facebook now days.   I can always find the positive there because of the sheer number of people participating.  I still believe that what you find depends on what you are looking for so I look for the positive in every situation, even the one where my spouse is concerned.  Things aren't as good as they could be, but they are still good!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:50:34 pm »

I just get tired of all the doom and gloom so I rarely post anymore and besides I enjoy Facebook now days.   I can always find the positive there because of the sheer number of people participating.  I still believe that what you find depends on what you are looking for so I look for the positive in every situation, even the one where my spouse is concerned.  Things aren't as good as they could be, but they are still good!

Most Germans in the late thirties were unaware of what Hitler was up to.  They probably had an idea but chose to ignore...the 'truth' can be (is) ugly.  'Out of sight, out of mind.'  But, hey,...whatever flips your flipper...

The U.S. Middle Class Is Being Wiped Out: Here's the Stats to Prove It

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/520657/The-U.S.-Middle-Class-Is-Being-Systematically-Wiped-Out%3A-Heres-the-Stats-to-Prove-It

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil = There is no evil

Facebook = birds of a feather...

Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:47:54 am »

...Intelligence is viewed as arrogance and conceit by those who don’t have it or don’t want it....

(No cheating, read the whole article)

http://www.jayweidner.com/Archons.html

I read the article and I am familiar with Jay Weidner but I have to say I had never heard of the Archons and I'm not quite sure how your statement above relates to the article.  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

Speaking of something fishy, doggone it, all this "alien thinking" sure does seem like a portal to wayout wickedness -- almost every time there's a link to such weirdness, not only VV but the whole blasted SMF server gets abducted!  (I assume others besides Yours Drooly had some Connection Problems today... I just hope the aliens aren't holding DV and Lady GA -- their presence is mightily missed! Sad

It seems like they're having server problems all over the internet these days. I don't know if it has anything to do with aliens...could be though...lol I've already informed my family that if the mother ship appears to get us off the planet before a huge EMP or pole shift hits...I'm going! Beam me up!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 08:02:51 am »

I had server problems too, not only on here but on other free forums I read so I guess you get what you pay for because the old Briarpatch, the one we have to pay a yearly fee for, worked fine..........

I am lurking Winston and I'll bet DJ is too.  I just get tired of all the doom and gloom so I rarely post anymore and besides I enjoy Facebook now days.   I can always find the positive there because of the sheer number of people participating.  I still believe that what you find depends on what you are looking for so I look for the positive in every situation, even the one where my spouse is concerned.  Things aren't as good as they could be, but they are still good!

I admit I don't get here as often as I used  to but I have to agree about the doom and gloom. We each create our own reality and like you I try to focus on the positive.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:20:20 am »

Facebook = birds of a feather...

I resisted joining Facebook for a long time but after family members insisted I had to join I rather like it! (Where's that FB icon with the thumbs up when you need it...lol) Not only is it great for hooking up with family and friends but it's a good way to share information. It's really easy to post links to websites, news stories, and videos as most everything has the FB Share icon. I notice there's one at the bottom of this page. How handy is that! As of right now I have 131 friends and 5 or 6 of them are actually members of this forum so don't knock it until you've tried it.  Grin

If any other members here want to become friends with me on FB you can look me up by my email address eanner@sbcglobal.net even you Buz!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:54 pm »

The middle class has been being wiped out for years, that's a given, no stats needed to prove it, just look around.  All that's left is the very rich and the very poor, but hey, being poor makes you appreciate what you have and I have always been one to share even if it means going without myself.   

I like my Facebook friends.  I have been put in contact with family and friends that I had lost contact with years ago and it's nice to know where everyone is and how they are doing.

And I know there is evil........but good out weighs it.  Look around you and see the good....it's out there.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:35:47 pm »

I read the article and I am familiar with Jay Weidner but I have to say I had never heard of the Archons and I'm not quite sure how your statement above relates to the article.  Huh

It's a line from the article near the end, right after Mr. Weidner's VERY telling statement:
Weidner: It happened to me in school. I had to play stupid so my peers would get along with me and would stop beating me up.

Rense: Intelligence is viewed as arrogance and conceit by those who don’t have it or don’t want it.
Opening line:
Rense: "Many people have heard the term 'Archon' but would be hard-pressed to define it." 

Oh?  MANY people have?  Hm.  Not I.  Uh, I've heard of Archie Bell and the Drells -- does that count?  Cheesy   
(Well, I have to play stupid or all the negative posters here will beat me up.)  (I also need to borrow DV's little rolling-on-floor-giggling smiley but alas, our hostess has abandoned us for greener parties...  Sniff.)  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:38 pm »

I think Jeff's use of the word 'many' is a relative term.  Many have heard of Sichin, but most have not.

'Many' could mean 1% of the population = 3 million+ people.

Was Archie Bell & the Drells one of the many one-hit wonders?  Did they also have a song about 'The Butt Sisters?' 
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 11:44:52 am »

Was Archie Bell & the Drells one of the many one-hit wonders? 
Not to be negative, but correct, back in '67 -- still making a living off it though! 
(Stevie was a many-hit Wonder though, har.)
Did they also have a song about 'The Butt Sisters?'
Don't think so. 
This may not exactly belong in the Religion section, then again, it is early SOUL, heh...   And excuse any "profiling" but ... it's also historical evidence that some white folks' groovy dress sense is every bit as Godgiven as their dancing ability.  (Those blue Drells, champion hoola-hoopers I bet!) Grin

Interesting bits about Archie:  http://www.bluesmusicnow.com/bell31   

Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 11:49:55 am »

... We each create our own reality ...

Well, to be more precise, we each create our own VIEW of reality -- BIG difference!  But yeah, "happy is as happy does"... and there's even filthy lucre to be made with that concept, just ask Oprah.  Or:
http://www.jewishexponent.com/article/20298/

Oops, wait, I just went to that happier.com site and it's CLOSED -- sign says "Thanks but we're looking for more money!" (Seriously.)
Oh well, if we all just danced around the house like the Drells, I'm sure we'd be in a positive mood!  (Seriously.)  Smiley

But if anyone actually needs to be TOLD how to get happy Wink :
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewnews.asp?id=26947

Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:34 pm »

... and rare happy endings, doggone Kasper's no ghost after all!   Grin

Since this forum has seemingly gone to the dogs Wink, here's a recent pertinent story concerning the Vermilion County Animal Shelter.  (From an IN paper ... hadn't read or heard about it locally):
5 years later, Kasper comes home

By DOROTHY SCHNEIDER, Journal & Courier, July 30, 2010

LINDEN -- After she escaped from their yard in 2005, the Albers family searched extensively for Kasper.  Over time the family from Linden began to make peace with the fact their pedigreed Siberian husky was long gone.

Kasper was never forgotten, though. Teresa Albers mourned the dog's disappearance about two years ago when one of her sons found Kasper's old collar in a creek near the house, which is about 18 miles south of Lafayette.

Albers said she always kept a positive outlook, especially when talking to her two young sons about it.  "I didn't give up hope," she said. "I told them, 'Let's just think that someone has Kasper and is taking very good care of her.' "

Still, Albers was shocked two weeks ago to have a message waiting on her voice mail from the Vermilion County animal shelter in Danville, Ill. -- almost 50 miles away from Linden.  The message from the shelter was: "We've found the mixed-breed German shepherd you've been looking for since 2005," Albers said.

The family was skeptical, not only because of the amount of time that had passed but because their dog was a pure-bred husky. Albers asked the shelter staff to e-mail a picture, but the facility was having computer trouble.

Finally Albers asked them to check Kasper's belly, where the dog has a long scar left over from a litter of puppies she lost years ago. They also asked that Kasper be checked for a second microchip, which the Albers family knew their dog had.

"She came back on the phone and said they found it all," Albers said. "Right then and there, we knew this is really our dog."

Ann Puzey, an adoption counselor with the Vermilion County Animal Shelter, said Kasper was found near Oakwood, Ill., west of Danville, wandering just off Interstate 74.  The dog was in good health, Puzey said. The shelter staff tracked down the Albers family through the dog's microchip and called them.

"It's not an everyday thing to get one of those happy stories (where the dog) finally gets to go home," she said.  But Puzey said the chances of such reunions are greater if pet owners microchip their animals and keep the information current.

Back home in Linden, Kasper is living well, Albers said. The dog turned 13 on July 21, the day after she came home.  "We don't know how much longer she has," Albers said, "so we're just really pampering her and babying her."

While the family is thrilled at Kasper's return home, Albers also worries about the people who lost the dog most recently in Illinois.  "I know how we felt when we lost Kasper. Someone else is feeling that now, that kind of heartache," she said.

Albers called the Vermilion County shelter and asked them to pass along her contact information to anyone who comes in looking for the dog.

So far, no one has inquired.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20100730/NEWS/7300338/5-years-later-Kasper-comes-home   
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »

... and rare happy endings, doggone Kasper's no ghost after all!   Grin

Since this forum has seemingly gone to the dogs Wink, here's a recent pertinent story concerning the Vermilion County Animal Shelter.  (From an IN paper ... hadn't read or heard about it locally):
5 years later, Kasper comes home

By DOROTHY SCHNEIDER, Journal & Courier, July 30, 2010

LINDEN -- After she escaped from their yard in 2005, the Albers family searched extensively for Kasper.  Over time the family from Linden began to make peace with the fact their pedigreed Siberian husky was long gone.

Kasper was never forgotten, though. Teresa Albers mourned the dog's disappearance about two years ago when one of her sons found Kasper's old collar in a creek near the house, which is about 18 miles south of Lafayette.

Albers said she always kept a positive outlook, especially when talking to her two young sons about it.  "I didn't give up hope," she said. "I told them, 'Let's just think that someone has Kasper and is taking very good care of her.' "

Still, Albers was shocked two weeks ago to have a message waiting on her voice mail from the Vermilion County animal shelter in Danville, Ill. -- almost 50 miles away from Linden.  The message from the shelter was: "We've found the mixed-breed German shepherd you've been looking for since 2005," Albers said.

The family was skeptical, not only because of the amount of time that had passed but because their dog was a pure-bred husky. Albers asked the shelter staff to e-mail a picture, but the facility was having computer trouble.

Finally Albers asked them to check Kasper's belly, where the dog has a long scar left over from a litter of puppies she lost years ago. They also asked that Kasper be checked for a second microchip, which the Albers family knew their dog had.

"She came back on the phone and said they found it all," Albers said. "Right then and there, we knew this is really our dog."

Ann Puzey, an adoption counselor with the Vermilion County Animal Shelter, said Kasper was found near Oakwood, Ill., west of Danville, wandering just off Interstate 74.  The dog was in good health, Puzey said. The shelter staff tracked down the Albers family through the dog's microchip and called them.

"It's not an everyday thing to get one of those happy stories (where the dog) finally gets to go home," she said.  But Puzey said the chances of such reunions are greater if pet owners microchip their animals and keep the information current.

Back home in Linden, Kasper is living well, Albers said. The dog turned 13 on July 21, the day after she came home.  "We don't know how much longer she has," Albers said, "so we're just really pampering her and babying her."

While the family is thrilled at Kasper's return home, Albers also worries about the people who lost the dog most recently in Illinois.  "I know how we felt when we lost Kasper. Someone else is feeling that now, that kind of heartache," she said.

Albers called the Vermilion County shelter and asked them to pass along her contact information to anyone who comes in looking for the dog.

So far, no one has inquired.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20100730/NEWS/7300338/5-years-later-Kasper-comes-home   

That's an awesome story and it truly does show the power of positive thinking.  Smiley Our collective thoughts could change the entire world for the good...but not enough people believe it yet...it's changing though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum