Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 05:37:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mass email sent to all members

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass email sent to all members  (Read 191 times)
Midas
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:04:54 am »

Hello Members,

A mass email was just sent out to all registered Members of Vermilion Voice with the link to the forum included. Hopefully to get a few members to come back and check things out.

The message is below.

We at Vermilion Voice have not heard from you in a while. Perhaps you have lost the link or your password to the forum.

Here is the link to the forum: http://vermilionvoice.smfforfree4.com

If you have lost your password just request your password to be sent to you at the login.

Hope to see you soon!

Administration
Vermilion Voice
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DrLeftover

The Media Desk

View Profile WWW
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:13:25 am »

I got it.

Thank you for the reminder that it's still here.

Funny... since the C-N did away with their forums, I don't even check the paper out much any more. There's no reason to.

I'll try to stop by now and again to see what's going on.

Maybe somebody will want to reminisce about the old Oaklawn school or Dragert's(spelling?) grocery on East Main  or something like that.
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:21:36 am »

I got it.

Thank you for the reminder that it's still here.

Funny... since the C-N did away with their forums, I don't even check the paper out much any more. There's no reason to.

I'll try to stop by now and again to see what's going on.

Maybe somebody will want to reminisce about the old Oaklawn school or Dragert's(spelling?) grocery on East Main  or something like that.

Hi DrLeftover! Great to see you back! Stop in anytime!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:20 am »

I think Facebook has taken over for the forums....I come in here every day, to read what has been posted. Very rarely post.....my bad.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:03:49 pm »

I think you've got a good point about Facebook. It's just easier to post all your "stuff" there. In my case though I refrain from posting a lot of stuff because I have a lot of relatives who may not appreciate my inclinations and opinions. Don't want to **** the family off ya know... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 05:36:50 pm »

I received a PM, but not an email?
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:13:50 am »

I received a PM, but not an email?

Really....I sent it to myself and I got both an email and a PM. I don't know why it went out as a PM too. Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:44:26 pm »

Maybe there's a payment required for mass email to member?

http://vermilionvoice.smfforfree4.com/upgrades.php#a6

I only see 45 people (out of 81) members that have email addresses available. That's from my looking at the "Members" list. You could copy/paste and send emails to each address individually?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:51:34 pm by Pretender » Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »

No..no...don't need to pay....a message went out to everyone's email address...maybe it also went out as a PM, I think that might just depend on your settings but I'm not for sure.  When I am logged in as the Administrator (Midas) I have access to everyone's email address. I just brought up the email message box here and clicked the CC button which brought up another box to search members. I found that if I used the * as a wild card I got a list of all members (about 81) and I just clicked on the names to insert everyone's address in the CC box.  It's saved in my outbox and all the names are there. Your email is earthlink right?  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:14 pm »

Some may have different email addresses now.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 10:57:26 am »

No..no...don't need to pay....a message went out to everyone's email address...maybe it also went out as a PM, I think that might just depend on your settings but I'm not for sure.  When I am logged in as the Administrator (Midas) I have access to everyone's email address. I just brought up the email message box here and clicked the CC button which brought up another box to search members. I found that if I used the * as a wild card I got a list of all members (about 81) and I just clicked on the names to insert everyone's address in the CC box.  It's saved in my outbox and all the names are there. Your email is earthlink right?  Huh

I got BOTH an e-mail and a pm.....
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:55:46 am »

I got an email saying I had a PM on Vermilion Voice........ Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »

Yeah...I think probably a lot of people who signed may be using a different email address now....otherwise the forum would be flooded.... Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:26 pm »

Yep, it's earthlink. Maybe I missed the email.........possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum