Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 05:56:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SPOKEO.COM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPOKEO.COM  (Read 331 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:26:47 am »

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, copy the URL then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy link to remove yourself THX to my FB friend who posted it!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:24:57 am »

I saw that posted on FB yesterday. I just tried looking myself up and evidently I don't exist.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:15:54 pm »

I was listed three times so I guess that makes up for you not being listed. They limited only two removals per email address saying that they were trying to avoid abuse...............yeah.....uh-huh! I got all three removed using two email addresses.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:23 am »

I was listed three times so I guess that makes up for you not being listed. They limited only two removals per email address saying that they were trying to avoid abuse...............yeah.....uh-huh! I got all three removed using two email addresses.

I even tried it again using different variations of my name and the 2 e-mail address I use and I still couldn't find anything...which is good. The problem is now Spokeo has both my email addresses. Here's a review about it. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework until after the fact. 

This is the last part of the article....

Spokeo.com scam

Lot of people says Spokeo is a fully Scam robot. It takes your e-mail address and send message to any one in your contact list. It did not find you at all. It is secedes your friends blogs and photos across 41 social networks, so it’s clever spam scam. The Spokeo website has information on its privacy policy, claiming that it only accesses information that is “publicly available”. Spoke gives your private information to anyone, so please choose a privacy option if you are a member of social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace.

Review of Spokeo.com

Spokeo untruly advertise that they can repossess a name and address based exclusively on a yahoo email address. People received incorrect information about company and location. Spokeo DID NOT list the name and address of the person who owns the yahoo email address. So DO NOT wastes your Time and Privacy

Spoke advertise a one-time fee. But once they get your credit card number and will charge again and again. They have credit card companies wrapped around their finger. You will not win a in credit card argument against t them so Save your time, money and peace of mind by avoiding Spokeo.

I was recommended that if you have gone to the Spokeo website to make sure you delete the cookies stored on your computer.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum