Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 08:51:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Unions

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unions  (Read 235 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »

There is absolutely no incentive to be an excellent worker, if the contract specifies what each member will be making at any point during his/her career. 

I disagree, big surprise, lol.

There is an incentive....it is called pride in yourself and in what you do.  Sure, there are goof offs in the government unions, just as there are in the private sector, and places where there is no union representation.  Do I think union workers should get away with this. Absolutely not, but it does happen  I have never "knowingly" stood up for some one like this as a union rep.

As for the politicians, I would not vote for anyone who is against unions, whether or not it was government or private sector.  I know you will disagree, but I stand firm in my convictions.
Report Spam   Logged
kdi307

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »

buzorro  if you hate government so much then can you explain WHY you are running for alderman in your ward?Huh?  Is that ward 6 or ward 5 your in.  H ave you informed the people in your ward you are against unions. remember unions are only as strong as their membership.  i will ask you to respond to your comment about union out at GM you claim a guy punched out a supervisor and his union rep. got him out of trouble sounds to me likehis rep did his job?? why did management as you stated  give in unless they knew supervisor probably had a bad history under his supervisory roll and they didn't want it bought out. i know you had nothing to do with that but  can you explain that.  over and out. no suckled and teated.
Report Spam   Logged
kdi307

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 10:00:56 am »

folks   you wont have to worry about me commenting about unions i will leave this topic alone. chris
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum