Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 08:09:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

HEY!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HEY!!!!!!!!!  (Read 104 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:47:27 pm »

i'M BAAAACKKK!!!!!  Have you missed me?  I just can't wait to 'lurk' around to see what I've missed.

Like Santa, I'll know who's been good and who's been bad....

BWAHHHHHH !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:05:22 pm »

i'M BAAAACKKK!!!!!  Have you missed me?  I just can't wait to 'lurk' around to see what I've missed.

Like Santa, I'll know who's been good and who's been bad....

BWAHHHHHH !!!!!
Welcome back!  Ol' Drivel Oliver here. As I am the only current V.V. poster, I'm afraid your welcoming committee is me--or no one(?) Knot sure you remember me, but I've happily posted, for a good, let's see, CN-GB, was in April,,,,,of '04 or '05....., I'll go with '05, so, that makes 7.5 years or so. (taking time out for meals, etc;) 
And I do remember you. V.V. never recovered the loss of your posts, and my entrance at the very end sealed the fate: forum is on life support. I've been just hanging around till DeJa gets tired of the expense of leaving the lights on.
I must admit, though, that one of the reasons I'm here was the result of  finding myself banned, totally & completely from a new forum---(and I now feel it was totally justified. As a matter of fact, I wasn't going to bow down to the power-minded, or whatever, of an unreasonable owner/moderator, esp. one whose serious intellect ("Is Going to Collage Worth It?") dwarfs my baby-babble.)
This spot has given me my "fix", since I'm addicted to baby-babble and really have no desire to begin to stop, regardless of how many insults I might receive. And, secretly I'd get a smile if a handful of posters came back to V.V. to give the new forum a little snub. (I have no hard feelings, as you can see.) But, it won't happen, you'll be gone already, or shortly after another post or so, that's just the whey these things operate.
Still, if you could PM Winston (I'm blocked from Winston's messages.) and entice Winston back, or even find out if Winston is still kicking, I'd comply in whatever fashion needed to once again read those posts. But, it won't happen, that's just the whey these things operater: everyone is TOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS!!!! That's the fail-safe feature of baby-babble: can never be TOOOOOOOO SERIOUS!!!!
Well, hello or goodby, as the case may be. 'u'

Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:07:19 am »

Seems to me that you pretty much dominated the N-G Forum as well.  That was before '04?  Way back when, after reading several of your posts, I pm'd you about the 'drivel' thing.  If you'll remember I prefaced that remark by first stating tha you were obviously literate and that we also shared 'some' musical background.

You're doing okay on Facebook, where unlike neighbors and family, you can choose your 'friends,' right?

I got an email from Winston yesterday, as a matter of fact.  I always enjoy her dry humor, and we've shared some memories of past experiences.  But I don't know if I would feel right in mentioning your request.  After all, shes had the ability to peek in and post whenever, and for whatever reason, has chosen not to do so.

Forums offer members the opportunity to post whatever they wish to.  Members are not 'friends' in the true sense and should not be regarded as such.  Some members may know one another in the 'real world,' and may be friends.  But simply being fellow members of a forum doesn't necessarily mean their 'friends.'  Forums are to share opinions or observations.  If another member wants to post their agreement, so be it.  If they want to post a point of disagreement, that's okay too.  'Debates' are a 'good thing.'  It's when they devolve into disagreeable arguments, and a back and forth exchange of personal references is what is considered 'unacceptable behavior' in a mature, civilized forum.  Whether a member wants to get involved in a discussion or debate is strictly voluntary.  Just as there is an on/offf switch on the boob-tube, members who find the direction of the debate too negative for their tastes, no one is forcing them to keep reading it.  Pretty simple.

As for the longevity of forums, I'm sure that you've noticed that when a forum is unilaterally halted, for whatever reason, the members emigrate to another one.  The thing is that over the years one can almost predict how a member will post and how another member will react, and most of all, how many finally don't post anything at all and will 'lurk' instead.  And many, like Winston and myself, remain members (because 'puters never forget) but never visit, for whatever reason. 

In closing I will point out to you that if you feel that you 'had' to leave a forum because 'Buz & Penn' made you feel 'uncomfortable,' well, that's on you.  In your search for a 'friendly, kindler, gentler' forum I suggest you stick with your Facebook 'friends,' forums aren't and should never be a place to feel warm and fuzzy, imho.   

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:03:35 am »

Seems to me that you pretty much dominated the N-G Forum as well.  That was before '04?  Way back when, after reading several of your posts, I pm'd you about the 'drivel' thing.  If you'll remember I prefaced that remark by first stating tha you were obviously literate and that we also shared 'some' musical background.

You're doing okay on Facebook, where unlike neighbors and family, you can choose your 'friends,' right?

I got an email from Winston yesterday, as a matter of fact.  I always enjoy her dry humor, and we've shared some memories of past experiences.  But I don't know if I would feel right in mentioning your request.  After all, shes had the ability to peek in and post whenever, and for whatever reason, has chosen not to do so.

Forums offer members the opportunity to post whatever they wish to.  Members are not 'friends' in the true sense and should not be regarded as such.  Some members may know one another in the 'real world,' and may be friends.  But simply being fellow members of a forum doesn't necessarily mean their 'friends.'  Forums are to share opinions or observations.  If another member wants to post their agreement, so be it.  If they want to post a point of disagreement, that's okay too.  'Debates' are a 'good thing.'  It's when they devolve into disagreeable arguments, and a back and forth exchange of personal references is what is considered 'unacceptable behavior' in a mature, civilized forum.  Whether a member wants to get involved in a discussion or debate is strictly voluntary.  Just as there is an on/offf switch on the boob-tube, members who find the direction of the debate too negative for their tastes, no one is forcing them to keep reading it.  Pretty simple.

As for the longevity of forums, I'm sure that you've noticed that when a forum is unilaterally halted, for whatever reason, the members emigrate to another one.  The thing is that over the years one can almost predict how a member will post and how another member will react, and most of all, how many finally don't post anything at all and will 'lurk' instead.  And many, like Winston and myself, remain members (because 'puters never forget) but never visit, for whatever reason. 

In closing I will point out to you that if you feel that you 'had' to leave a forum because 'Buz & Penn' made you feel 'uncomfortable,' well, that's on you.  In your search for a 'friendly, kindler, gentler' forum I suggest you stick with your Facebook 'friends,' forums aren't and should never be a place to feel warm and fuzzy, imho.   

I'd press a Facebook "LIKE" for most of this. But I've *never* left anyplace because of you. (hey, I'm the last poster posting many times!)  Frankly, I never paid any self-motivated interest to "buzz/penn", it was Jeff Cook who asked me to come an "do battle" I think, on Allarounddanville. I think your date for my NG original forum posts is a few years too early, (and frankly, I don't now why they still have the current one on) And my opinion is that forums, local ones anyway, can be a place to feel warm and fuzzy. For heaven's sake, even dear Winston posted old Beatle's music, etc;, I'd say YOU are one of the >few< so intent on saving all of humanity day in and day out!

Anyway, I'll carry on here doing my warm and fuzzy thing, and you do not have to be bothered by it, thank you. 'u'
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum