Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 03:38:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Getting around this forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting around this forum  (Read 1546 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 10:59:37 pm »

No thanks needed.  I can usually pick up the nuances of a new forum pretty easily, and being an smf forum, they are pretty much alike......

welcome folks, starting to look a bit familiar on here.....
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:21 am »

Just checking in....is everything working ok for everyone?

Any suggestions?
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 02:26:08 pm »

Just checking in....is everything working ok for everyone?  Any suggestions?
(Approaching podium, tapping mike, mumbling:)

Uh, I just wanna say:  Thanks DejaVu, for allowing all us kicked-out needy homeless campers into your own home.   (No, wait, that was in Champaign at that church yard.  Durn, too much heave-ho-ing in all directions nowadays.)

Seriously now, THANK YOU DEJAVU! for inviting all us soon-to-be-drifting cyber-chatters onto your own home(page).  It's a welcome port(al) in any storm.  VV's great.  Fun, too!  GOOD JOB!

Suggestions?  Um, weeelll, now that Guardian Angel's shipped in her famous recipes, maybe you could whip us all up some tasty horse-doovers and a few drinks ... oh and a few more chairs -- looks like you're gonna need em... 

OH, and in honor of this August being the 40th anniversary of Woodstock, just let me say:

Heyyyyy, far-out, like wow, man -- VV, like flashin' TWO peace signs at once, man.  Give peace a DOUBLE chance. Yeah, heavy.  Love and peace everybody ... (thump, splat, slosh) ... Whoa, fell over in the mud, man... Hey, I'll have one of those horse-doovers... Groovy... Thanks...

Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »

Wow...Winston that was quite a post! I have always found that the most attractive feature on a man (or woman for that matter) is humor! You sir are quite a looker!

Now for a VV announcement! (Westville girl if you're out there reading...you're acct. is activated. You should be able to post now.!

The email activation thing (which I do not control) seems to have a few bugs. if you know what I mean. Luckily I found a button to click that says Activate so even if that email never appears in your mail box (could have gone into the spam area if you have one) keep trying to post or send me an email.

Also...up at the top of any page there is a Help link and there is a lot of good information on how to get around the forum and about how to work the buttons in the posting area if you need it. If you hover you mouse pointer over the button it will tell you what it is for...or it should anyway.

I guess that's it for now.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 11:13:00 pm »

Wow...Winston that was quite a post! I have always found that the most attractive feature on a man (or woman for that matter) is humor! You sir are quite a looker!

Aw shucks, ma'am.  I was gonna post my picture for you but I see you've already done it:
http://vermilionvoice.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,174.msg298/topicseen.html#msg298

(Aged a bit since Woodstock, sure.   A few gray hairs.   But I have always found the most attractive features on a man or a woman is a ... long goatee and well manicured hooves.   Peace, sister.)  Grin

"We are stardust, we are [bleeping] golden,  And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden...”

(Didn't Blago or somebody make that song famous?)
Report Spam   Logged
Madisons

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 05:10:13 pm »

Hello Everyone... I just got here and am wondering if there is a way of changing the background color?  It's kind of dark and a little difficult to read.
Report Spam   Logged

Live One Day At A Time And Make It A Masterpiece
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 06:02:11 pm »

Hello Everyone... I just got here and am wondering if there is a way of changing the background color?  It's kind of dark and a little difficult to read.

Welcome Madisons...if you click on Profile at the top of the page it will take you to the information page. On the left hand side under Modify Profile click Look and Layout and on that page towards the top you will see:  Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change) click the change link and you should get another couple of options for the layout.

Hope that helps.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 06:50:33 pm »

Think I heard Buzz squeaking around here somewhere?!? Can someone please help him out? I know,,,,,,,too late for that!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 06:52:48 pm »

Buzz, click on the little piece of paper with the arrow going right on it and it'll take you to the last post..........Kapeesch?
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:01 pm »

Buzz, click on the little piece of paper with the arrow going right on it and it'll take you to the last post..........Kapeesch?

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Herman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:28 pm »

hello,
why is it necessary to show the gender of a member?
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 10:44:58 pm »

hello,

Hey!  Psssst!  Over here!

Wanna know a secret? (it's Beatles night)

I lied about mine....  tee-hee

Since we didn't have to 'show the member' of a gender... 
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 07:00:12 am »

hello,

Welcome Herman...it isn't necessary for members to show their gender. I believe you can leave the box unchecked in your profile.

At the top of the page click > profile, under >modify profile, click > Forum Profile Information and about half-way down the page you should see the box for gender.

Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 07:06:52 am »

hello,

Hey!  Psssst!  Over here!

Wanna know a secret? (it's Beatles night)

I lied about mine....  tee-hee

Since we didn't have to 'show the member' of a gender... 

Right...no genders showing their members! <snicker> But that was Yesterday (is it still Beatles night?)
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:22 pm »

Bloody 'ell!   I mean GOSHDARNIT.  It's been a Hard Day's Night.   I'm gone for only one day and miss out on Beatles night.   Isn't It a Pity?  Fab Four, my all time fave.  I think every night should be Beatles night.  There's a bloke from Covington, I think, who does a bang-up job of imitating all four at once; odd tho to have just  "The Fab One."   And his name?  ... George Martin ... !  I kid you not.  He's a hoot.  I mean ... he has the Ludwig drums and ALL the right guitars and everything  --  jolly good show!  (But no, not the SIR George Martin):
http://georgemartinpresents.com/

Right...no genders showing their members! <snicker>
Yeah, Mama said never do that in public.  Can get ya arrested.  So I left my box unchecked.... (Good one, Buz;  you're a hoot too.)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum