Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 10:55:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

THE BIG BLUFF

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BIG BLUFF  (Read 271 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:29:45 pm »

The President and his Democratic buddies have threatened to stop Social Security payments if Congress fails to increase the nation's debt limit.  There are currently 52,500,000 collecting Social Security as of 2009.  If he and his pals proceed with this threat, it will be the end of the Democratic party.  Now, that would be a good thing.
Hi ya Terry! You know...I find it hard to believe Obama has threatened to "stop" SS payments with the election coming up that wouldn't make much sense. I'm curious...where did you hear about this?
Guess you missed his news conference today.  But, it's not just the demos, the pubs are just as bad.  We're lucky though, neither will risk their big pensions, free vacations, big cars, terrific health insurance, and all the other perks they receive from being in politics.  So, they, who ever that is, will cave before the deadline.  Not because they care about us, because they don't give a rats rear end about you and me, but to save their own jobs and their plush lifestyle.
What we really need are term limits and a balanced budget amendment.  Good luck on ever getting that passed.
When I come back the next time, I'm going to be a politician or a priest because that's where the money is.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:01:53 pm by Terry » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum