Vermilion Voice
April 18, 2024, 11:12:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

THE BIG BLUFF

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BIG BLUFF  (Read 274 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:09:42 am »

Sorry folks, but in all reality we already have term limits.  It is called voting the people out of office.

I have always been against mandated term limits, as you could actually get rid of some one who might be doing a good job...the job that was intended to be done. Yes, I know that is hard to believe, but, it could happen.

If the majority of people feel some one is NOT doing the job they were elected to do, vote them out. There is your term limits.  Their term has just been limited.......  '

Tuck, the problem with your argument is that 50% of the people have no skin in the game.  They pay no taxes and therefore have no real interest in doing those things that benefit the country.  In my opinion, the politicians are pressured by these people to provide free benefits at taxpayer expense or lose their votes.  So, they cave even when there is no realistic chance that the government can actually pay for these benefits they provide. 
Now, I could agree with your point of view if you included a statement that said only those who actually pay taxes can vote.  Otherwise, we need term limits to protect these idiots from themselves, and more importantly, from us, the American taxpayer.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum