Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 11:14:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Vermilion Co. Ashlynn Conner Suicide: Family Says Bullying Was To Blame (VIDEO)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vermilion Co. Ashlynn Conner Suicide: Family Says Bullying Was To Blame (VIDEO)  (Read 61 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »

Ashlynn Conner Suicide: Family Says Bullying Was To Blame (VIDEO)

The family of a 10-year-old honor student who killed herself last week said the girl had struggled with bullying at both her school and in her community.

Ashlynn Conner, a student at Georgetown Ridge Farm Elementary School in Vermilion County in east central Illinois, told her mother two weeks before her death that she was being bullied, CBS Chicago reports.

Stacy Conner, the girl's mother, told WCIA-TV that students had been teasing her daughter for years.

"They'd call her a ****," she told the station. "Ashlynn's ugly. She's fat."

Though she realized her daughter was being bullied, she said she did not know how to respond. She hopes her coming forward with her daughter's story may help other families going through similar struggles.

"I thought my kids were strong," Connor said. "That my words to them for guidance and advice would have more weight than what these kids were saying. I was wrong."

Continued here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/ashlynn-conner-suicide-fa_n_1092521.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk2%7C112419

I hadn't heard anything about this until I just now read about it. This is just heartbreaking. Kids are so mean and hateful these days and in my opinion it starts at home. I was taught from an early age not to say mean things or to make fun of people. What the hell is the matter with people!!!

Last Thursday, Ashlynn reportedly asked her mother if she could be home-schooled, CBS reports. The next day, Ashlynn was found by a sibling in a closet after she had hanged herself.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum