Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 06:30:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hello?....Hello?....Anyone Home??

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello?....Hello?....Anyone Home??  (Read 652 times)
Oliver

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »

You know, I should not ever hint anything one way or the other about viewership numbers. It's always been a curiosity, though, of mine. Frankly, if they were not revealed, I'd go about my line-filling about the same.  Still, I've just noticed that Mr. Terry has logged in and I'd like to say good morning.

Think of the forums here in E.Cen. IL, or at least in the relatively near area. They tend to peak, some a lot more than others, and level off, and decline,,and become inactive,,or disappear suddenly most of the time.

Why? I suppose each ending is unique, a certain mix of instances, but all-in-all there seem to be basic reasons. An owner's time and money must figure into it. Issues, too, that is, acrimonious issues, such as, the end of the last-hurrah CN Forum. I think that as long as there are the Tammy Hawks who are so determined to spead nasty, unprovoked, uncalled-for posts under the "invincible" cloak of anonymity, well, that's ;the reason for most of the garbage.

They end due to sickness and death to an extent. And that ridiculous word, "boredom".  There is NEVER an excust to feel that way, because NO one knows it all. There is ALWAYS something to do or think about, for heaven's sake.

So, what's the story for THIS forum? WHAT happened? Did Winton's exit have any effect? Did Buzz's departure from the "sheeple" have any effect? Why didn't DeJa's tireless efforts to revive the posting prove more fruitful?...............................I don't know the story here.........I only know that at one time, this was a rather thriving and mostly "happy" forum.

And so, my dear reader, have a nice day. Spring is in the air. 'u'

gd

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:13:19 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum