Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 02:03:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hello?....Hello?....Anyone Home??

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello?....Hello?....Anyone Home??  (Read 632 times)
Oliver

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 12:31:12 pm »

Now, since I've had the last several posts of the forum, am I breaking a rule? Like "flooding the forum"? (which "Bill Saffran,a.k.a. "green onion") charged me with back when I was the only one posting on edanville.com and "he" only went there since I had advertised the fact on the old CN-GB. Oh, well, I mean no harm. I'm simply hanging around till the posting gets started again on DeJa's wonderful, liberal forum. 'u'

de
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:06:03 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 12:47:33 pm »

to become the TOP poster on this esteemed forum by way of ONE post a day!

Now, I haven't looked up any stats lately. The last I knew, GA was at the top or near due to all the recipies. Then DeJa. So, the question is, how long would it take me at 1/day, assuming they never post again!

Let's find out, since I've proposed it.  DeJa 1936-19 I have = 1917 (days for me to equal at 1/day ) divided by 365 = 5.26 years....Well, all right. Are you OK with this prospect? Press "like" if you do, please. Me, I'm not.

Say, how 'bout them Cubbies? 'u'
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:15:25 pm »

The fact is, I never get a P.M. from her. ...(sniff)...(sniff).....(Blossom Dearie, who is deceased) 'v'

ej
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:07:06 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45:42 am »

Do you remember what the subject is above? (I had to peek)

eb
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:39 am »

'It" is 3rd person singular, as I recall. ("he", "she" or "it)

For 5 points, what case if "you"? 'u'

ef
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 02:41:38 am »

Here's a correction on my previous post. If I had gone there to modify it, the date & time would've appeared, and I have a phobia about that. I meant the word "is" for "if". Also, "person" is more accurate than "case". And the answer is 2nd person, either singular (not the medicine) of plural. Gee, if it were the very very old days, there were a few old pedantant biddies around to argue grammar with, much to their disdain, esp. with a no-nothing person such as I.

As for the Super Bowl, I haven't watched it since Namath (sp?) predicted the Jets would win. To find out the winner this year, just wait for the game to be completed.

'u'

eh
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »

I'd forgotten my own little teaser,,,,,,,pathetic...

It's 1:36PM, guess what? It's snowing! 'u'
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54:40 am »

Here's the secret: I don't reveal secrets, unless it's absolutely necessary! 'u'

fd
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 06:33:52 pm »

Me! I've got a mule and her name is Sall, 15 miles on the Eerie Canal.

My news is that the glycemic index never started to show up on the food labels. 'u'

ff
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

It was BAD of me to forget to post some blather here yesterday!! I can not really explain it! Perhaps Buzz or Penn could take about 20,000 words and about 10,000 oh-so-vital-links to explain it all! Anyway, soooo sorry..I know at least one or two of you are waiting to see what I post next. As for the rest of you, well, rest in peace. 'u'

ga
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »

You know, I should not ever hint anything one way or the other about viewership numbers. It's always been a curiosity, though, of mine. Frankly, if they were not revealed, I'd go about my line-filling about the same.  Still, I've just noticed that Mr. Terry has logged in and I'd like to say good morning.

Think of the forums here in E.Cen. IL, or at least in the relatively near area. They tend to peak, some a lot more than others, and level off, and decline,,and become inactive,,or disappear suddenly most of the time.

Why? I suppose each ending is unique, a certain mix of instances, but all-in-all there seem to be basic reasons. An owner's time and money must figure into it. Issues, too, that is, acrimonious issues, such as, the end of the last-hurrah CN Forum. I think that as long as there are the Tammy Hawks who are so determined to spead nasty, unprovoked, uncalled-for posts under the "invincible" cloak of anonymity, well, that's ;the reason for most of the garbage.

They end due to sickness and death to an extent. And that ridiculous word, "boredom".  There is NEVER an excust to feel that way, because NO one knows it all. There is ALWAYS something to do or think about, for heaven's sake.

So, what's the story for THIS forum? WHAT happened? Did Winton's exit have any effect? Did Buzz's departure from the "sheeple" have any effect? Why didn't DeJa's tireless efforts to revive the posting prove more fruitful?...............................I don't know the story here.........I only know that at one time, this was a rather thriving and mostly "happy" forum.

And so, my dear reader, have a nice day. Spring is in the air. 'u'

gd

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:13:19 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 12:49:49 am »

Usually not on here late at night, but, this'll count for Jan. 31st. One invisible entity has been on in the 1st 45 min. of this day, and the count total for this, the ONLY activity on the forum, has increased by 3. One of those would be mine. So, probably Deja or Terry  from yesterday and the unknown entity tonight, er, this morning. Hey there, Entity! Bye, there, Entity! 'v'
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:46 am »

Seems like a lot of people have drifted away from this forum.  Too bad.  I always enjoyed the back and forth banter.  Maybe it will resurrect itself as the political season heats up.  I hope so.
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:39 am »

Seems like a lot of people have drifted away from this forum.  Too bad.  I always enjoyed the back and forth banter.  Maybe it will resurrect itself as the political season heats up.  I hope so.
I'm an optimist. It would be nice for the activity to pick up, but I don't notice many people even checking in. So, will this forum BE the exception? Will THIS forum, indeed, come BACK? So far, once I've seen forums decline in activity, they either disappear, hang in there with a few posting (or with only ME on several old forums) or lay there, dead.

Peace & Best Regards, from Bru Oliver-- 'u' 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:18:29 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:05 pm »

Boo!
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print