Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 01:22:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What's Behind Illinois Stealing Local Hero's Bee Hives?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Behind Illinois Stealing Local Hero's Bee Hives?  (Read 108 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

What's Behind Illinois Stealing Local Hero's Bee Hives?

An Illinois beekeeper whose bee hives were stolen and allegedly destroyed by the Illinois Department of Agriculture has stirred up a hornet's nest with his questions on why the state did this, and most importantly, what they did with his bees.

The state claims the bees were destroyed because they were infected with a disease called foulbrood.

But when the 58-year apiary keeper had his hearing—three weeks after the removal of his bees without his knowledge—the state's "evidence" had disappeared, leaving more questions than answers about the raid on the beekeeper's hives.

Some people, including the beekeeper, Terrence Ingram, suspect the raid has more to do with Ingram's 15 years of research on Monsanto's Roundup and his documented evidence that Roundup kills bees, than it does about any concerns about his hives.

Interestingly, the state's theft targeted the queen bee and hive he'd been using to conduct the research.

Continued here: http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Non-food/Environment/bees_0703121150.html

Americans no longer get "due process," it was forfeited to keep the homeland secure.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:52:09 pm »

Aw, gee, De, it sounds so lonely here now! I really wish some of the old gang would see it in their little blessed hearts to come back and give those well-established opinions some more.

I never was issue-oriented online, offline, or even up&down line, at least not as my <main> porpoise to post. It's obvious (as the Buzz has said) that <all> I've ever wanted to do was fill up lines with blather,,,and even prattle (well, on my 'better' days.)

So, "bee" comments?

WHERE are they? Nary a bee to be found--infected or KNOT--on my lawn,  a nice crisp brown patch of short shoots,anyway. The past, though, saw them in abundance, in the lawn's clover, the dandalions, all over any flowers.

So, why our rather embarrassing State of IL would act in the way described, is, well, business as usual.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:39:32 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:57:03 am »

All I can say is that I had to kill off a bunch of black wasps yesterday.  They were trying to build a new community right by my front door.  While I love bees and respect what they do for us, they are most definitely not welcome at my doorstep.  I just hope that the ones that survived tell their little buddies to stay away from me.
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »

I'd do the same. Honey bees pollinate, make honey, and were never very aggressive as I recall. On the other hand, I have no clue what "good" wasps do except harrass us with their ill-placed nests. I remember using a can of killer that shot out a long stream of chemical for those nests, quite effective as I recall. 'u'
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »

Aw, gee, De, it sounds so lonely here now! I really wish some of the old gang would see it in their little blessed hearts to come back and give those well-established opinions some more.

I never was issue-oriented online, offline, or even up&down line, at least not as my <main> porpoise to post. It's obvious (as the Buzzy has said) that <all> I've ever wanted to do was fill up lines with blather,,,and even prattle (well, on my 'better' days.)

So, "bee" comments?

WHERE are they? Nary a bee to be found--infected or KNOT--on my lawn,  a nice crisp brown patch of short shoots,anyway. The past, though, saw them in abundance, in the lawn's clover, the dandalions, all over any flowers.

So, why our rather embarrassing State of IL would act in the way described, is, well, business as usual.

WHERE will it all end!? WHERE will it ALL end?!?   BEATS me! I'm juz waitin' fer thu *BLUE MOON* comin' up NEXT MONTH! (and I AM holding my breath!) 'y'

I don't know where everyone went...they just drifted off into cyber space I guess.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

All I can say is that I had to kill off a bunch of black wasps yesterday.  They were trying to build a new community right by my front door.  While I love bees and respect what they do for us, they are most definitely not welcome at my doorstep.  I just hope that the ones that survived tell their little buddies to stay away from me.

Yeah...I don't know what good wasps do anyway. I'm too lazy to look it up right now or I'd tell ya.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum