Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 10:00:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum  (Read 98 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

Guess this forum has just ran out of gas.  Too bad because there were many really good postings here.  Oh well, it seems that all good things come to an end.  Someone turn out the light.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Oliver

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:47:25 pm »

True, I never 'gave' myself to this forum and it was certainly nothing personal whatsoever to DeJa. A couple of things dissuaded me, though, as I think back.

1.When this started I had at least 3 or 4 other spots to post on, and considering the time I spent on those, adding another did not seem vital. When I finally joined FBk, I knew that in the "big picture" that was the spot of most interest for me, as I located people I'd never have run across on the local forums.

2. This was, in my opinion, the heir apparent to the last, "great" CN forum--which at least they gave a little warning they would be closing their last(?) online venture--yet again. So, perhaps my dislike/discontentment with those people did prejudice me--but again--that did not affect any cordiality I felt towards DeJa.

3. No "games" here......Sorry, to me some of the games topics were neat on the other forums and I had some pleasure of actually *sharing* them at times with others who would participate. But, for the most part, it ended up being my own entertainment so to speak, a chance to try to be creative, and I at times tested the bounds of tolerance/absurdity. I don't recall anyone censoring anything, except a suggestive 4-letter AM station made-up call sign, this back on the old Allarounddanville forum, the most popular one of all that I was invited to by Mr. Tuck.

4. I had no great world problems to solve like a few of the posters, no political axes to grind.,  Ya know, we're all still here, the water faucets still work  and I say, truly, for us old codgers who are about as secure as we've always been, if knot better, I'd recommend to put all the strife and worry away and believe as I: IGNORANCE is TRULY BLISS!  

The history of local forums has been as follows: they start, with varying amounts of activity, usually peak at some point and then it's all downhill from there. (perhaps like certain TV shows?) So,  a small core can keep one going for a long time and that's about it. To my knowledge, only the Briar Patch has hung in there over the years I've been online (since 2005) and as we know, that is the Starkey family's domain, very friendly people all around, but with a markedly political persuasion.

I have no idea the expense of having this here. I have regretted the closure of practically all the forums I've posted in, in not being able to go through certain posts again. (of course that probably reeks of a super-ego, but if re-reading a "diary" of sorts is super-ego, then so be it.)

When the bell tolls (for thee?) that material is gone forever. So, while this one is still accessible, and you have a desire to search the archives, now would be the time.

Peace to you all, good fortunes, and most of all GOOD HEALTH! Regards, Oliver
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:30:26 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum