Vermilion Voice
March 19, 2024, 12:27:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

"Odds & Ends"

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "Odds & Ends"  (Read 3212 times)
Oliver

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »

Yesterday, when I posted the following, I must've accidentally pulled up a "new topic" somehow. I didn't mean for a new tropic, only to be under Odds & Ends, so, I'll repost it hear and the unintended topic will sink to at least 3rd spot. Thanks.

Much less buggy all summer. It must've been too hot for them.

Headline for the DHS school paper, M&W, FIFTY YEARS and 3 days ago:

Record Number of NEW Teachers Join Faculty of Danville High!
It goes on to say that most of the new teachers joined the faculty by using squeeze containers of "Elmer's Glue".

No, there were 14 new ones. Old John "Chemistry" Barker was a newbee then. When I registered my youngest (DHS '10) a couple of years ago, old Barker was sitting there helping out doing something. I almost was going to tell him I was one of his ave/poor students from '65/'66, but, well, he wasn't quite one of my fav. teachers (confusing from my perception).

The other 13 I'd never heard of,,,,DHS was a pretty big school, however I recall Mr. Cole, S.Studies, but I recall him more as a basketball coach.

Editorial about requesting sincerity when students sign a pledge card stating that they "do not participate in any fraternity, sorority, or secret society function."   They don't address the taboo in those functions for high schoolers, only that one should not sign it falsely, yet imply that you'd be in trouble if you didn't sign it. (like signing a card saying you won't exceed a 30mph city speed limit, I suppose)

Offhand, I do not know the objections, really. There will ALWAYS be "cliques" in school, groups that hang. Maybe if it's too official some kids will feel left out.....Well, tough rockos. If you don't fit in somewhere, find another place to try. Never a problem for me, since I didn't have any desire to be beholden to anyone that I needed to be subservient to,,,hmm, guess I wasn't much of a natural "team" player, though, I was part of large musical groups.

Enough, there. Did I offend anyone? Huh? 'u'

For today, Sunday, Oct. 14. I'll look forward possibly to getting a few words from my solidier in boot camp now at Ft. Sill. Hope she gets a chance to write a few lines. Glad it's already mid-Oct. By mid-Nov. she'll be on the home stretch, possibly allowed to use a cell phone again. We'll see. 'u'

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum