Vermilion Voice
March 19, 2024, 06:45:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

"Odds & Ends"

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "Odds & Ends"  (Read 3227 times)
Oliver

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:02:50 am »

It is a great autumn day and it's great to be alive. 'u'
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:13:25 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:44:16 pm »

What do you think of the truth finally coming out about the murders in Syria a few weeks ago?

As big as Watergate? (I'll defer comments to you all have checked in here, thanks.) 'u'

f
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:04 pm »

I believe you meant to say "Libya". Who knows? It would never go anywhere without the emphasis of the press. Oddly, apparently some of the formerly "Big 3" networks, got a little irked about feeling they were deceived by the "u tube video" blame, the gov. even telling a mother of one of those who died such bunk.

I see a note I made from Sept. '07. I wonder what became of Nade Peters. He posted on the CN-Gbk, and I really thought highly of him. When by the end of the year, '05, I think, since I posted 1st in Apr. of that year, when the one person using diff fake names were on my case for posting too often, too long, too incomprehensibly, (I'd say it was *their* IQ problem), just too, too, well I did give a farewell post, life is too short, afterall. However, at some point Mr. Peters said something to the effect that I needed to continue to post for the good people reading there and he went a step farther, that HE WOULD STOP posting if I didn't come back.

Gee, the archives were on there a long long time. Never did sift through it  which I'm sorry about. Quite the converse of a situation where I earnestly want my words gone--which would be entirely possible, considering some of them were deleted and even edited (which actually is a worse abuse).

I made a note on 1-11-08 and wonders if it rings a bell: " name-calling, condescension,  mean-spirited, dis-jointed cacophony"  

Enjoy your time here on earth, please! 'u'

c
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:37 am »

Referenced: J.R.

I'd be out pedaling to Geno's but the wind is a deterrent.
Do you ever end up spelling a word correctly that you weren't sure of? I checked up "deterrent" and, by golly, it's correct.

Well, I guess I don't knead to say anything about subjects I've been asked to not say anything about. Actually, I wasn't going to till the 2 month anniversary. (Nov. 5) It is a nice autumn day, lots of color showing up, very green lawns here in E. Cen. IL.

So, did you have more, less, the same ants this past season? 'y'

ja
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »

Yesterday, when I posted the following, I must've accidentally pulled up a "new topic" somehow. I didn't mean for a new tropic, only to be under Odds & Ends, so, I'll repost it hear and the unintended topic will sink to at least 3rd spot. Thanks.

Much less buggy all summer. It must've been too hot for them.

Headline for the DHS school paper, M&W, FIFTY YEARS and 3 days ago:

Record Number of NEW Teachers Join Faculty of Danville High!
It goes on to say that most of the new teachers joined the faculty by using squeeze containers of "Elmer's Glue".

No, there were 14 new ones. Old John "Chemistry" Barker was a newbee then. When I registered my youngest (DHS '10) a couple of years ago, old Barker was sitting there helping out doing something. I almost was going to tell him I was one of his ave/poor students from '65/'66, but, well, he wasn't quite one of my fav. teachers (confusing from my perception).

The other 13 I'd never heard of,,,,DHS was a pretty big school, however I recall Mr. Cole, S.Studies, but I recall him more as a basketball coach.

Editorial about requesting sincerity when students sign a pledge card stating that they "do not participate in any fraternity, sorority, or secret society function."   They don't address the taboo in those functions for high schoolers, only that one should not sign it falsely, yet imply that you'd be in trouble if you didn't sign it. (like signing a card saying you won't exceed a 30mph city speed limit, I suppose)

Offhand, I do not know the objections, really. There will ALWAYS be "cliques" in school, groups that hang. Maybe if it's too official some kids will feel left out.....Well, tough rockos. If you don't fit in somewhere, find another place to try. Never a problem for me, since I didn't have any desire to be beholden to anyone that I needed to be subservient to,,,hmm, guess I wasn't much of a natural "team" player, though, I was part of large musical groups.

Enough, there. Did I offend anyone? Huh? 'u'

For today, Sunday, Oct. 14. I'll look forward possibly to getting a few words from my solidier in boot camp now at Ft. Sill. Hope she gets a chance to write a few lines. Glad it's already mid-Oct. By mid-Nov. she'll be on the home stretch, possibly allowed to use a cell phone again. We'll see. 'u'

Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:58 pm »

Based on only what I see around the 'hood, the peak of this fall would seem to be at hand. Looks like it'll be a real looker.

The news item about the move of 12 miles within L.A.,  of the space shuttle, Endeavor,  indicated some-400 trees needed to be removed or cut in some fashion to accomodate the wing length. I agree with the comments that removing the wings (later putting them back on)  to save the trees would've made more sense.  Politically, my voicing support of a "Green" issue is perhaps one that puts me at odds with the party that advocates less fed gov  influence and size, and 
the party of incentive, not of entitlement. However, I'd call myself somewhere in the middle of a list of issues, which I won't go into now.

Hope your 'hood is looking pretty. 'u'

ia
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 01:39:20 pm »

No, I won't rehash it all, I only wanted my posts removed and the response was a very weak "it would make the continuity confusing", big deal, as though any reader would get upset, that's too weak a reason considering I was the one insulted.

Anyway, I did get to do a little guest reading there, and, I'd say the forum is as I would've predicted: pretty darn quiet, just a little pulse, and nowhere near the growing, thriving community of deep thinkers. At this point I have no particular reason to wish the forum in question to do particularly well. When I was a part of it, having been INVITED BY THE GUY!--yes, I hoped it would break the dying trend of local forums, but, it seems to be the same ol' pocket of a few local posters and if there's a boom, I can't see how or why.

I see no 50-buck contests at the moment, guess they didn't pay off in the long run. Funny, it was my comments ON the rules of one contest that must've raised the guy's younger ire, well, along with my disrespect towards dweeg and "2 others" who MAY have been reading--which is really quite ridiculous esp. now 2mo 2 wks later.

I'll check in from time to time since it is still quite an insult to have my ISP blocked from even READING the diminishing activity there, I mean, "guests" who may be mass murderers are allowed to read, but, NOT your worse-than-a-mass-murderer "Oliver".

I was requested to "lay off", to let it go, and to this day I'm still surprised by the source of that request. It just shows that what I'd do for one person is no guarantee of the same loyalty from that person, a sober lesson of life.

But, if the little clan over there enjoys the little forum, having to worry about not offending the owner, hey, that's their kicks. I wouldn't post there like I did BEFORE Sept. 5th for anything less than, oh, $21,000, a typical cost of a few days in ICU these days.

Enjoy, Life is TOO Short. 'u'

ig
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »

Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians appeared at Danville High School on Nov. 27, 1962, almost 50 yrs. ago. Kids today would ask, "Fred who?".

ib
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:12:47 am »

People are strange, aren't they? Kinda makes you wonder what's going on in their thinking sometimes. All I know is that whenever I've come online to post since '06 or so, it has never been in the frame of a nasty attack mode, as used to be common on the old forums. People hiding behind what they think is a hidden name, etc; are really fooling themselves because ultimately that little signal("sent" bytes) they use to interact with the internet leads straight back to THEM. 'u'

ib
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:19:06 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »

Ol' "Warm & Fuzzy" here!  Hey, we've had a few new souls in the last 24 hrs. check into my, er, rebuttle, De Ja, and Terry. I wonder WHO they were?
Something that was said in the very surprising recent check-in reminded me of how I was greeted upon my 1st post to Rob's first "enjoydanville", by  a "Woodpecker" (very apt name) essentially saying to stay off the forum, that, my long, boring posts were unwelcome AND to stay over on the CN GB, "puleeze". Ya know, I bet we who are not afraid to I.D. ourselves and thus are not afraid of our houses being burned while we're gone due to our inciting political slants, would be surprised at just HOW many aliases these frightened people will come up with over time.

Oh, I know, I know, some of the famous colonists had to remain anon, but, somehow, I don't quite equate a bunch of endless pithiness on these lines akin to the struggle for American independence

So, that'll do if for old warm & fuzzy this time, a moniker I proudly wear, much as the souls on the 2nd lowest class forum of all I've ever encountered are ecstatic at being called 'white trashies'. Frankly, they're all pretty good eggs, just chicken to do ANYthing to incur the wrath of the main (wonderfully silent now!) foul-mouthed bully--which anyone local knows as "T.H." presumed a male, except I've always been convinced it was a female to unload on L-82 that way, a male wouldn't do it as long as as vicious as a female, who was rumored to be someone's whose initial is "R", no clue, I just assumed an old biddy who actually had interactions with L-82.

Wishing you all the warmest and fuzziest Happy Holidays as I now depart to the nicest spot online, and ewe no whure dat iz. 'u'

hd
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:38:42 pm by Oliver » Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:11 am »

Sorry, nothing too juicy this time. I'll try to think of something by next time. 'u'

hc
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:11:09 am »

Say, this is ol' warm & fuzzy, AND NOW, by popular demand, DELUSIONAL Oliver!

I wonder what the next adjective shall bee?

hb
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »

Oh, I forgot an old one: drively, so I am  "warm&fuzzy, drively, delusional Oliver!"

HEY, I like it!

Do you have people calling you names? Do they hurt you very much? They shouldn't if you consider the source. Only with those closest to you should be the repository of your hurt feelings. The rest of the world really doesn't care about your feelings.

Danville is quite a great place. Can't wait to see what sort of prices/choices "Ruler" grocery store will have! 'u'
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:07 am »

Today my middle child is 22. This is the first time in 22 years she is 700 miles from home. And the 1st time we will probably not hear from her, as they are probably out in the field. But life is full of plusses and minuses, and one absent birthday out of 22 isn't bad, especially since she is involved in achieving her goals, of which I'm proud.

Here in late Nov., I'd say the season has been not bad. I read recently you can not expect TWO mild winters in a row, but, to this point, this season has been on the mild side. Into the 50s today and tomorrow. We'll see. Warm & Fuzzy signing out now, thank you to the one who is reading this. 'u'

gg
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 03:08:23 pm »

Oh, I forgot an old one: drively, so I am  "warm&fuzzy, drively, delusional Oliver!"

HEY, I like it!

Do you have people calling you names? Do they hurt you very much? They shouldn't if you consider the source. Only with those closest to you should be the repository of your hurt feelings. The rest of the world really doesn't care about your feelings.

You only hurt the ones you love?

Just curious...Are you a Hobbit?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum