Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 10:50:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

It doesn't matter if YOU think you're not doing anything wrong!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It doesn't matter if YOU think you're not doing anything wrong!  (Read 134 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:44:19 pm »

Description: RT talks to William Binney, whistleblower and former NSA crypto-mathematician who served in the agency for decades. Virtual privacy in US, Petraeus affair and whistleblowers' odds in fight against the authorities are among key topics of this exclusive interview

Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/117213/NSA_Whistleblower_Everyone_in_US_under_virtual_surveillance_all_info_stored_no_matter_the_post/#ixzz2E1lUIyUv

This is Big Brother on steroids. If the "authorities" decide to say you are doing something wrong....then you are.

The Constitution is truly dead.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:20:16 pm »

Yep, I think I've spotted some of those men in black already hiding in the bushes, '64 Ford Galaxy parked down the road...  (but that's not why I got rid of my diatribe earlier today, honest.)    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:37:19 am »

Yep, I think I've spotted some of those men in black already hiding in the bushes, '64 Ford Galaxy parked down the road...  (but that's not why I got rid of my diatribe earlier today, honest.)    Wink

I bet those guys already got a copy. Yep...that diatribe is probably already locked up in some super secret underground data bunker. One of these days it will be against the law to delete anyway.   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:47:41 am »

I bet those guys already got a copy. Yep...that diatribe is probably already locked up in some super secret underground data bunker. One of these days it will be against the law to delete anyway.   Shocked
You can hit that delete button to your heart's content.  It doesn't matter.  Once anything is posted, it's memorized forever.  Such is life.
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:12 am »

You can hit that delete button to your heart's content.  It doesn't matter.  Once anything is posted, it's memorized forever.  Such is life.

Durn.  Guess that means any Egyptian comments will send in the cyber-mummies too.  ... Curses! 

Btw, I notice those Egypt posts don't show up unless logged in, no lurking allowed.  Hm.  Presumably anything said about the Middle East is especially scrutinized and frowned upon, what with it being the powder keg (let's see, for how many years now?!)   As we know, some countries already pull the plug on 'net access altogether.

But I also realize twisted electronic pathways can innocently turn cold and fuzzy, and stop at any time, especially if cables are buried and it rains, freezes, or are run over by cars, Majic Jacks, mastodons, chipmunks.  My phone lines in particular are always experiencing "excessive noise" -- (even when I'm not talking on 'em).   Wink

Okay then, mum's the word on mummies.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 10:41:54 am »

It's good to see you maintaining a sense of humor.  After this government gets done taxing us that's all you'll have left.
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:36:25 pm »

It's good to see you maintaining a sense of humor.  After this government gets done taxing us that's all you'll have left.
Hah, thanks Terry, you too.  (I really appreciate your New! Improved!  kinder, gentler approach.   Glad you don't bear grudges -- I've already used up my TNT allotment this year, you know.  Wink )   But after-taxes, a laugh?  Nuh-uh, then we'll ALL be cryin'. 

Somehow that ties into why we shouldn't get TOO addicted to the 'net and snazzy electronics (even electricity?), let alone any lavish lifestyle -- if the toys and lights go and the banks blow and governments grab, when the dust settles, will we all be sitting forlornly in the dark, not knowing what to do without "Like" or "Delete" buttons?  (Sorry, not to get too melodramatic about Doomsday here -- forget practicality and subsistence, surely we won't starve just because we've forgotten how to grow our own potatoes, or not enough land to grow them anyway. )

...Because, yes, Virginia, there'll ALWAYS be China, Mexico, Wal-Marts and Dollar Generals to sustain us.  Remember, 'tis the season to use plastic to buy more plastic for all our loved ones...  SantaBammy, even if I haven't been good and the men in black get me, I want a new laptop! 

Oh darn again, I forgot -- the world ends Dec 21 anyway.  Better exchange gifts early this year then -- only 16 shopping days left till the End!   Here, this site's for you DV...  Cheesy
http://www.december212012.com/ 

Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »

Grudges are for the narrow minded and I'm getting way too old for that kind of lifestyle.  At least I'll get one more birthday to celebrate before the world ends.
And, if it doesn't and we go off the fiscal cliff I wonder how it's going to affect the middle class families who are desperately trying to survive?
And, if they can find some way to master that problem, how are these folks going to handle Obamacare when their health insurance premiums eat up a big portion of their incomes?
When they lie to us by saying increase taxes will only be applied to the top 2%, you got know that they should be elected president of the liars club.  In part, these rich folks got rich by avoiding taxes.  So, they'll figure it out and probably end up paying less taxes overall.  But, what they will do also, is see how many fewer employees they can get by with and how much they can increase prices for their products and services.
In the end, it will be, as has always been, the middle class and poor who will get smacked.  I don't like it, but that's life.  
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:25 pm »

Huh?  You mean you're not one of the MEGA-rich?  Here all this time I thought you were -- THAT's why I gave you such a hard time!   
Well, you know what Marie A. would say:  "Let you eat birthday cake!"    Grin

Many happy returns of the day, whenever 'tis -- (hopefully not store returns of presents you don't like.  Maybe you'll get a parachute so you won't have to worry 'bout that cliff.)   
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 07:26:00 pm »

Huh?  You mean you're not one of the MEGA-rich?  Here all this time I thought you were -- THAT's why I gave you such a hard time!   
Well, you know what Marie A. would say:  "Let you eat birthday cake!"    Grin

Many happy returns of the day, whenever 'tis -- (hopefully not store returns of presents you don't like.  Maybe you'll get a parachute so you won't have to worry 'bout that cliff.)   
I wish that I was.  Just comfortable as I've always  just led a moderate lifestyle.  I've learned to never get too far away from my roots.  But, as many people are able to, you begin to realize that it's not just about yourself, it's about everybody who wants to pull their own weight but are not able to do so.  I know that when everyone does well, so will I and my family.
Many happy returns and a great holiday to you as well.  BTW, I had cake for dinner tonight.  Cherry cake.   My favorite.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 08:23:39 pm »

[quote}
Oh darn again, I forgot -- the world ends Dec 21 anyway.  Better exchange gifts early this year then -- only 16 shopping days left till the End!   Here, this site's for you DV...  Cheesy
http://www.december212012.com/ 
[/quote]

Naw...I know myself too well. No way I would have reincarnated here at this time just to see the world end. I must be here because something good is going to happen! Yeah...that has to be it!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 08:52:38 pm »

I could care less about material things. Thought I wanted all that but when if finally happened... it didn't make me happy so I left it and never looked back.  On the other hand I see my niece and her husband working their butts off...hours of overtime and it seems like they just can't get ahead....they want to buy a house and are saving up...their 2 young kids don't get to see mommy and daddy a whole lot lately. My niece would love to stay home with the kids but no way could they afford it. When I was growing up the average family could survive just fine with one parent working. Moms could stay home if they wanted to...not in today's world. Our standard of living just keep going down....down...down...
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:32 pm »

Too true, and well put, both you guys! 

Busy special day today, gotta go.  Maybe someone else could take over -- just to give the men in black a bigger reading assignment and more bushes to beat.    Wink

(And ... let everybody eat cake!!!) Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum