Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 12:20:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

While Lisa Madigan doesn’t do her job, state agencies turn into .......

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: While Lisa Madigan doesn’t do her job, state agencies turn into .......  (Read 101 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »

While Lisa Madigan doesn’t do her job, state agencies turn into political organizations

June 27, 2012

CHICAGO – Earlier this week it was uncovered by Adam Andrzejewski, Chairman of For The Good Of Illinois PAC, that employees of an almost bankrupt state agency used state resources to organize a political rally headlined by House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi at the Rainbow PUSH National Headquarters in Chicago.

The employees and supervisors at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission converted the state agency into a “political advance shop” to aid in the planning of a March event in which Rep. Pelosi announced her endorsement of Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. in the 2012 2nd Congressional District Democratic Primary election.  At the time Rep. Jackson was in a heated primary battle with former Rep. Debbie Halverson.

“This is another example of Democrats in Illinois operating like they’re in the wild wild west,” said Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady. “We have an Attorney General in this state who refuses to investigate political abuses, most likely to avoid upsetting her father.”

Brady added, “Lisa Madigan’s father, Speaker Mike Madigan, drew the new Congressional map in Illinois to try and give congressional democrats a majority and Rep. Pelosi the same title he has, ‘Speaker.”

“Public pay is for taxpayer work, period. We must have zero tolerance for political corruption.  The citizens of Illinois are out of time, money, and patience for this disgusting behavior,” said Adam Andrzejewski.

The report from For The Good of Illinois PAC estimates that Illinois taxpayers are on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars for costs associated with having state employs attend and organize this event.  An agency director cited attendance at the event as important given the agency relies on federal funding and Nancy Pelosi is an “influential decision maker.”

“The 243 pages of official emails show a state agency functioning a community outreach organizing arm of Rainbow PUSH. Governor Quinn, open the books on this rogue agency.  Taxpayers expect a full accounting of this unfolding scandal,” said Andrzejewski.

Brady added, “We don’t need state employees to travel from around the state to tell Nancy Pelosi how important federal education funds are, that’s Jesse Jackson’s job as a congressman.”

Source: http://216.119.77.175/?p=342
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:02:06 am »

I just wish that Lisa and the moron she calls her dad would retire and move to Mongolia.  They've done as much damage to Illinois as that idiot we call Governor
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »

I'll 2nd that, and yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa becomes a Governor of IL next time out. THEN it will become a sticky situation if she ends up in the pokey like all her predecessors, it would have to be a WOMAN'S prison for her. Time will tell. 'y'
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 03:58:16 pm »

I'll 2nd that, and yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa becomes a Governor of IL next time out. THEN it will become a sticky situation if she ends up in the pokey like all her predecessors, it would have to be a WOMAN'S prison for her. Time will tell. 'y'

You must be trying to give me a heart attack.  If she becomes Governor, I'm moving to Mongolia myself.
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:09:23 pm »

I simply do not know the "heir apparent" after Quinn. Lisa's daddy is famous. So I just assumed she could be a shoe in. The new Chicago mayor was an outsider, and Barrack & Co.(?) deemed  him the next mayor, and it was so.

NO heart attack, please!! we NEED your vote in November!! 'y'
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:00 pm »

You must be trying to give me a heart attack.  If she becomes Governor, I'm moving to Mongolia myself.

Good one Terry!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum