Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 10:01:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Gangman Style....

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Gangman Style....  (Read 248 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: December 08, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »

Just in case there's anyone left in the world that doesn't know what it is.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 09:26:48 pm »

Cheesy Har!  Yessirree, love that Gangnam style!   I'd like to a see contest between Psy and ... well ... this old Bean?  Grin
( ...  smmmoooooooth -- as in eeeeewwwwww -- moves there, Rubberman Rowan...  Yes, now, giddyup, move along... quickly...)

Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17:25 pm »

I actually thought you guys would be posting about what an American hater this guy is.  Psy, you can love his music and style, go a head.  This little ignorant creep has forgotten that it was American soldiers that kept his sorry little ass from slavery.  And, he wishes that American soldiers would have been killed in Iraq?  Admire him as you wish, just don't ever bring that little twit around here or someone might pee on his leg.  He is one pathetic person.   
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

Yes, Terry, but the "little twit" apologized:
The 34-year-old rapper says the protests were part of a “deeply emotional” reaction to the war and the death of two Korean school girls, who were killed when a U.S. military vehicle hit them as they walked alongside the road. He noted anti-war sentiment was high around the world at the time.

PSY attended college in the U.S. and says he understands the sacrifices U.S. military members have made to protect South Korea and other nations. He has recently performed in front of servicemen and women.

“And I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology,” he wrote. “While it’s important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music, I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that thru music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1299686--psy-apologizes-for-anti-us-protests 
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:43 am »

Yes, Terry, but the "little twit" apologized:
The 34-year-old rapper says the protests were part of a “deeply emotional” reaction to the war and the death of two Korean school girls, who were killed when a U.S. military vehicle hit them as they walked alongside the road. He noted anti-war sentiment was high around the world at the time.

PSY attended college in the U.S. and says he understands the sacrifices U.S. military members have made to protect South Korea and other nations. He has recently performed in front of servicemen and women.

“And I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology,” he wrote. “While it’s important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music, I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that thru music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1299686--psy-apologizes-for-anti-us-protests 

If this little twit is really sorry, let him donate some of that $8,000,000 he made to the wounded war veterans.  In the mean time, he's just another piece of crap.  Like so many others, he only apologized because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:39:51 am »

If this little twit is really sorry, let him donate some of that $8,000,000 he made to the wounded war veterans.  In the mean time, he's just another piece of crap.  Like so many others, he only apologized because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Well, yeah.  You're right.  
(I think most "entertainers," especially sports-ters and rappers, are obscenely overpaid and should donate a ton to those who really "carry the burden" -- [but then, that would indicate self-less care and a social consciousness which so many clearly lack].   I also think many of today's talentless "singers" should indeed be gagged -- harder to convey their brain- and soul-deadening thumpings of hate, misogyny, and pernicious gangsta-influence to the masses that way.)
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 01:41:56 pm »

I actually thought you guys would be posting about what an American hater this guy is.  Psy, you can love his music and style, go a head.  This little ignorant creep has forgotten that it was American soldiers that kept his sorry little ass from slavery.  And, he wishes that American soldiers would have been killed in Iraq?  Admire him as you wish, just don't ever bring that little twit around here or someone might pee on his leg.  He is one pathetic person.   

Well...I understand what you're saying Terry and I think I understand why, but at the same time I have to say I don't think Koreans have any reason to thank the U.S. for much of anything. Especially not the fact that we continue to occupy that country decades later. If the truth be told what the U.S. really did is deny the Korean people independence, sovereignty, and self-determination. http://www.anti-imperialist.org/korea-history-of-occupation.html

Anti-Americanism is rampant thanks to Bush Jr. and now Obama. Even our so-called "friends" would love to see the U.S. get its proverbial azz kicked. We have become the most hated country in the world...next to Israel that is. Just say'n.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »

Here's an American making fun of Psy's video. We can all feel better now!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 03:47:17 pm »

One thing I don't get...Why don't the gangsta wannabe's just quit pretending and paint their faces black.  Didn't Al Jolson pull that off?  And Michael Jackson tried so hard to be white?

Forget the rap crap.  The Soul man himself, Ray Charles said it best: 'If you can't whistle it, it ain't music.'

Give me Jackie Evancho anyday,,,

See what I mean?  All the rappers and wannabe gangstas ain't got the talent this young lady has in her little fingernail.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:51:18 pm by buzorro » Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 11:36:47 am »

Beautiful young girl, beautiful mature voice.  Unfortunately, it gives me the heebie-jeebies that they're together, an accident of nature.   Still, yes, music, not noise, and I hope it all serves her well, not as so often happens to child "stars" forced to grow up too soon.

To see some talented kids behaving more as kids (and war-weary oldsters too):

(Who says Germans have no sense of humor?!  After all, they're now trying to save Europe.  Better get their skates on?)   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »

Now...That's entertainment!  Thanks, Winston...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:01 pm »

Beautiful young girl, beautiful mature voice.  Unfortunately, it gives me the heebie-jeebies that they're together, an accident of nature.   Still, yes, music, not noise, and I hope it all serves her well, not as so often happens to child "stars" forced to grow up too soon.

Just curious and interested....why would that give you the heebie-jeebies?

To see some talented kids behaving more as kids (and war-weary oldsters too):

(Who says Germans have no sense of humor?!  After all, they're now trying to save Europe.  Better get their skates on?)   Wink

Loved the video! My mother's family progenitor was born in Münchsteinach, Ansbach-Bayreuth in 1759....my dad's family is German too! Lots of Germans around this area. I can't think of any German comedians at the moment but there surely must be some out there.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:51:32 pm »

Hey Winston, now this gives me the heebie-jeebies!!! 

Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:47 pm »

Cheesy
Precisely! -- different chapters of the same ill-conceived "Capitalizing on Cute" book.  It can all turn ugly when glory-seeking parents market their children, especially without considering what pressures those immature minds and bodies might have to endure.   

Of course it's good to nurture any talents early on.  Inordinate attention and adulation though, especially over no real talent, can create unrealistic or perverse expectations (ever see any fits thrown by "American Idol" audition losers misled into thinking they could sing?)  Being in the public arena may build poise and confidence, but "over-promotion" can also foster prima donna petulance, reckless swagger, and a false world view.  The fall back to earth can be shattering.

I don't think that is or will be radiant Jackie's case -- she does indeed have special "gifts."  But it IS unnatural, (therefore freakish and discordant to me), for a young girl to have such a grown-up voice -- as well as being thrust too soon into that spotlight of an adult world.  Some kids in show-biz are sturdy and have better guidance, so may be able to handle it, but others have become "troubled" adults (offhand -- Charlotte Church, Michael Jackson & sibs, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore, Tatum O'Neal, Gary Coleman, Macauley Culkin, Corey Feldman, River Phoenix, Erin Moran from "Happy Days," "Buffy" from "Family Affair," way back to Liz Taylor, Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, even Robert Blake and "Alfalfa" from "Our Gang").   Of course they may have "had troubles" regardless (who doesn't?).  And many overcome -- "That's Life."  But why force a kid to grow up too soon? -- for money and ego trips?

Again, no direct connection to angelic-looking Jackie whose natural beauty and grace are undeniable, but the aspect of "seeming (or being forced to appear) older than what they are" does lead me to decry the unnatural "toddlers and tiaras" beauty contests in which moms show off their pretty little girls as sexualized dolls -- heavily made up and coiffed, often in provocative outfits, sometimes even having dental or plastic surgery to "perfect the look."  Is that instilling worthy values in a child?  Worse, with pedophilia such as it is, do these mothers really not see any danger in presenting their "babies" as mini-Madonnas?  What vicarious thrills might the mothers be getting out of it more than the daughters?  Grotesque, in my view, and in some cases, verging on endangerment to steal a child's innocent carefree years.  Think Jon Benet Ramsey as the most extreme and saddest outcome.
(Sorry DV, but you should know if you ask me a simple question, expect a dissertation!  But I speak from many decades of experience as "close behavioral observer" of kids of all ages, along with their parents -- which has proven to me:  it's just really easy to screw up a kid, even for some parents with best intentions.  A wonder any of us survive being young!  I myself gave up childhood early on -- no future in it.  Har.)

As for a lack of praise and adoration (Warning: OLD JOKE #2 AHEAD):
Why are Santa's little helpers always so bummed?
Low elf esteem.
Heh.

I had to google it, but found .. ONE!  In fact, "he has been called 'a funny German – the only one!' "  Grin
http://www.germancomedian.com/christian.html 

(Seriously now, let us not forget the marvelous MARX Bros, sons of German mom Minnie and French dad Sam -- who encouraged their sons' musical talents early on, so ... uh, scrap everything I said above...  Roll Eyes)

Ok, will stop hogging the cyber-floor. "Tis the season for other stuff, you know.  Hope it's a good one for all. 
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »

Cheesy
Precisely! -- different chapters of the same ill-conceived "Capitalizing on Cute" book.  It can all turn ugly when glory-seeking parents market their children, especially without considering what pressures those immature minds and bodies might have to endure.   

Of course it's good to nurture any talents early on.  Inordinate attention and adulation though, especially over no real talent, can create unrealistic or perverse expectations (ever see any fits thrown by "American Idol" audition losers misled into thinking they could sing?)  Being in the public arena may build poise and confidence, but "over-promotion" can also foster prima donna petulance, reckless swagger, and a false world view.  The fall back to earth can be shattering.

I don't think that is or will be radiant Jackie's case -- she does indeed have special "gifts."  But it IS unnatural, (therefore freakish and discordant to me), for a young girl to have such a grown-up voice -- as well as being thrust too soon into that spotlight of an adult world.  Some kids in show-biz are sturdy and have better guidance, so may be able to handle it, but others have become "troubled" adults (offhand -- Charlotte Church, Michael Jackson & sibs, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore, Tatum O'Neal, Gary Coleman, Macauley Culkin, Corey Feldman, River Phoenix, Erin Moran from "Happy Days," "Buffy" from "Family Affair," way back to Liz Taylor, Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, even Robert Blake and "Alfalfa" from "Our Gang").   Of course they may have "had troubles" regardless (who doesn't?).  And many overcome -- "That's Life."  But why force a kid to grow up too soon? -- for money and ego trips?

Again, no direct connection to angelic-looking Jackie whose natural beauty and grace are undeniable, but the aspect of "seeming (or being forced to appear) older than what they are" does lead me to decry the unnatural "toddlers and tiaras" beauty contests in which moms show off their pretty little girls as sexualized dolls -- heavily made up and coiffed, often in provocative outfits, sometimes even having dental or plastic surgery to "perfect the look."  Is that instilling worthy values in a child?  Worse, with pedophilia such as it is, do these mothers really not see any danger in presenting their "babies" as mini-Madonnas?  What vicarious thrills might the mothers be getting out of it more than the daughters?  Grotesque, in my view, and in some cases, verging on endangerment to steal a child's innocent carefree years.  Think Jon Benet Ramsey as the most extreme and saddest outcome.
(Sorry DV, but you should know if you ask me a simple question, expect a dissertation!  But I speak from many decades of experience as "close behavioral observer" of kids of all ages, along with their parents -- which has proven to me:  it's just really easy to screw up a kid, even for some parents with best intentions.  A wonder any of us survive being young!  I myself gave up childhood early on -- no future in it.  Har.)

As for a lack of praise and adoration (Warning: OLD JOKE #2 AHEAD):
Why are Santa's little helpers always so bummed?
Low elf esteem.
Heh.

I had to google it, but found .. ONE!  In fact, "he has been called 'a funny German – the only one!' "  Grin
http://www.germancomedian.com/christian.html 

(Seriously now, let us not forget the marvelous MARX Bros, sons of German mom Minnie and French dad Sam -- who encouraged their sons' musical talents early on, so ... uh, scrap everything I said above...  Roll Eyes)

Ok, will stop hogging the cyber-floor. "Tis the season for other stuff, you know.  Hope it's a good one for all. 

I just think that Jackie is one of the NEW children. You can see tons of these special kids on Youtube.  They are amazing!

I've always loved the Marx Bros. Harpo is my favorite.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum