Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 05:31:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The world made it this far!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The world made it this far!  (Read 137 times)
Winston

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: December 24, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »

Absolutely nothing happened...and I don't even feel like it's a new age....seems like the same ole same ole to me. Kind of a let down really.  Sad

Yeah...Christmas actually kind of sucked for me this year. My son had to be back out to ND to work on Christmas day. He's been working for a drilling company in the Bakken oil field since April. Then my great niece and nephew (my surrogate grandkids) went South to visit their grandparents for a week. They haven't even opened their presents yet. Then Mr. DejaVu (Joe) got me a gift that I'm still scratching my head over. I wanted to be surprised...and I guess I was. I thought all guys knew better than to give cooking appliances for gifts. Yes...I know it's the thought that counts and I did thank him.  But...next year (if we're still together that is --  because it seems he still doesn't know me after all these years LOL!) I'll give him some big hints now that I've learned my lesson!

On to the New Year!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:52:11 am »

That's so funny, DJ.  Hubby must be a lot like me.  Several years after Deb and I married, she started to receive a number of harassing phone calls.  So, it was very close to Valentines Day and I decided to give her an answering machine to celebrate the holiday.  To say the least, she was not impressed.  I found myself going to Walgreens at 10 Pm that night to buy a box of chocolates to get back in to her good graces.  From that point on I knew nothing but candy for Valentine's day.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »

Good story Terry! Sounds like you learned your lesson well....some guys never get it!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum