Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 05:05:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Before Ron Paul there was...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Before Ron Paul there was...  (Read 107 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »

Enjoy...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:02:02 pm »

I always like to know a little about the person and the affiliations.

The John Birch Society is a political education and action organization founded by Robert W. Welch Jr. in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1958. The society supports traditionally conservative causes such as anti-communism and the ownership of private property.[1] It promotes U.S. independence and sovereignty and opposes globalism and international regional groups, such as the European Union, or a hypothetical North American Union.

The society is on the right of the American political spectrum. Its website states: "In the United States, however, a conservative is one who seeks to support and retain the traditional institutions of the U.S. government, including the rule of law."

The society was named after John Birch, a United States military intelligence officer and Baptist missionary in World War II, who was killed in 1945 by supporters of the Communist Party of China.[5] Birch's parents joined the society as life members.

Based in Appleton, Wisconsin, the society has local chapters in all 50 states. Its stated aim is to achieve "Less Government, More Responsibility, and — With God's Help — a Better World." The society owns American Opinion Publishing, which changed its name from John Birch Publishing in 1994 and publishes the journal The New American.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

....Welch circulated a letter calling President Dwight D. Eisenhower a possible "conscious, dedicated agent of the Communist Conspiracy.

I'd be interested in knowing more about that!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:11:46 pm »

I always like to know a little about the person and the affiliations.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

....Welch circulated a letter calling President Dwight D. Eisenhower a possible "conscious, dedicated agent of the Communist Conspiracy.

I'd be interested in knowing more about that!

So now you 'know a little,' a seed is planted...

Ike?  Yeah, verrrrry interesting...  Did you know he was raised a 'River Brethren?'

Now you know a little more....

You're welcome.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum