Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 08:10:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Commercial News Forum is shutting down.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commercial News Forum is shutting down.  (Read 654 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 06:05:32 pm »

I have made only one post and it took more than 30 seconds to post. Very slow.

Hmmm....I'm not having any problems like that. I wonder if it is happening to anyone else?

Sorry...this is the blind leading the blind.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 06:06:59 pm »

Seems to be working for me.........
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 05:03:51 pm »

Wow....I was getting ready to post my email address on the C-N forum and it was gone!!!! POOF! I thought they said tomorrow the 25th.

If someone isn't getting the activation email or having a problem just email me. eanner@sbcglobal.net

I'm showing everyone that is registered has now been activated.

A big welcome to our newest members!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
jmemarie

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 05:25:20 pm »

Hello to all my transplanted friends Grin  One of the main reasons I frequented the CN forums was to get the most up to date news and information going on in Danville and the surrounding areas.  It has always been frustrating that the Commercial News is always so slow about "breaking" news. The News-Gazette was even quicker about Danville happenings.
Report Spam   Logged
nancyo

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »

Whew.  Found it!  This old brain can't take much more re-learning.  I was at the C/N site earlier,read a message and went back to reply and ...........nothing.  Even with advance warning, they still had to stick it to us early I guess!  Oh well, everyone will be here soon and we can start over again.  We should be used to that by now, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Westville Girl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 08:10:20 am »

Just wanted to say howdy to everyone;  I too jumped over here after C-N forum closed....In the short time I was on that forum I really enjoyed talking to all you folks!!
Yeah I noticed also that C-N shut down that forum yesterday (a day early) without warning....Splendid way to do business!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:13:44 am by Westville Girl » Report Spam   Logged
McDuff

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 05:19:11 pm »

yeah, they do a real bang-up job Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 07:46:52 pm »

I don't know what it is about registering on these forums but I am getting mail about not being able to register on the Briarpatch too.   I am an Administrator on the Briarpatch, but I am so computer challenged that I don't know how to register people so anyone who has tried and failed can email spiritmansf@yahoo.com and he will register you.  Pesoto can also register you.  Sorry folks, maybe someday I can figure it out......... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 08:19:07 pm »

GA...
I think the problem on here is when someone registers they might not notice there's a box to check that says you are over 18. If it's not checked the activation gets kicked back to administration and the process has to be done manually. That's the only thing I can think of. Registration is set up pretty good here so that it will be hard for bots spam the boards. It's been over a year and no SPAM yet. (knocking on wood)

Each forum control panel for Administration is a little different but I found a place to register a new member doing the whole process for them. You will have to create a password for them and then tell them to change it in their profile once they get logged in.

Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 08:46:28 pm »

We opened up registration and were covered up with bots so we disabled registration.   I think that is why they can't register.  I think it should be set differently but I don't know enough about it to set it. 
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
nancyo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 02:13:45 pm »

As far as I am concerned, the fact that the C/N was the host meant very little - it was the folks who were there that made the forum interesting.  Looks like slowly but surely everyone is finding their way over here and I bet we will soon be as "controversial" as ever, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Cap'n Preshoot

Old Phart

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:22 pm »

The Cap'n is here. Shocked

Little diff. look & feel, but what the hey, we'll give it a try.  Registering was pretty quick (for the return email) so all seems well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Pay-TV industry does not hold the patent on alienating customers, but COMCAST in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 09:01:43 pm »

The Cap'n is here. Shocked

Little diff. look & feel, but what the hey, we'll give it a try.  Registering was pretty quick (for the return email) so all seems well.

Welcome Cap'n...I'm sure you'll get your sea legs in no time!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum