Vermilion Voice
April 16, 2024, 02:22:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Breakfast Entrees

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakfast Entrees  (Read 477 times)
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 01:14:26 pm »

Scrambled Egg and Mozzarella Breakfast Pizza (2 servings)

1 whole wheat English muffin
2 mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, finely chopped
4 Tblsp diced green or red bell pepper
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/4 tsp  pepper
Dash of oregano or Italian seasoning
4 tsp pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded low moisture, part skim Mozzarella cheese.

Preheat oven to 350.  Split English muffin in half and toast; set aside.  Heat a small non stick skillet over medium heat.  Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper.  Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.  Spread 2 tsp pizza sauce onto each English muffin half.  Spoon a quarter of the egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of the cheese.  Spoon the remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of the muffins.  Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »

Biscuit Souffle

10 oz can big flaky biscuits
3 eggs, separated
3 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 Tbls instant minced onion
4 oz (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
paprika

Heat oven to 350.  Separate biscuits.  Place in 9 inch ungreased cake pan; press over bottom of pan to form crust.  In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.  Set aside.  In medium bowl, beat egg yolks and cream cheese until smooth; stir in green pepper, onion, cheese and ham.  Fold in beaten egg whites.  Spoon evenly over crust.  Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Souffle should be deep golden brown when done.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 08:01:46 pm »

Picante Omelet Pie

1/2 cup picante sauce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 10 inch pie plate.
Sprinkle with cheeses and set aside.   In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and sour cream until smooth.  Pour over the cheese.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.  Let set 5 minutes before cutting.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 10:19:25 pm »

Cheesy Omelet

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup cottage cheese
ground black pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and peppers; saute until soft. Sprinkle with basil and remove from pan.
Pour eggs into pan and return to heat. Cook eggs until semi-solid, then flip. Place mushroom mixture and cheese on top of omelet. Season with pepper and fold in half. Cook until firm. Serve warm.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 10:45:33 pm »

Applesauce Pancakes

1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups applesauce

Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl. Combine butter, milk and egg. Stir into dry ingredients. Add vanilla and applesauce; beat well. Spoon batter into a hot, well greased griddle; enough batter to form pancakes about 4 inches in diameter. When pancake edges are lightly browned, turn and cook on the other side. Serve applesauce pancakes hot with maple syrup and butter.

Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 09:37:10 pm »

Breakfast Burrito

½ T olive oil
1 eggs or 3 egg whites
½ T low-fat milk
Small plum tomato, chopped
1 oz shredded, reduced-fat or low-fat cheddar cheese
1 6-inch whole-wheat tortilla
1 T salsa
¼ avocado, diced or 1 T guacamole
Fat-free or light sour cream, optional

Beat egg with milk and diced tomatoes, cook over medium heat, scramble until done; add shredded cheese towards the end. Place eggs and cheese over warmed tortilla. Add salsa and avocado and fold tortilla to hold it all together. Serve with dollop of sour cream.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 09:29:51 pm »

Old Fashioned Puff Pancake

2 Tbsp. butter
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. nutmeg
lemon wedges
powdered sugar
Syrup optional

Melt butter in 10 or 12 inch oven proof skillet or 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Turn to let butter coat sides.  mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg on med speed. Pour batter into skillet or baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. These are very different looking. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve with lemon and syrup, if desired.

Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 11:46:57 pm »

Eggs Benedict

1 Chilean Hass avocado
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 English muffins
4 slices cooked Canadian bacon
4 eggs, poached
Paprika for sprinkling

Cut the avocado in half and remove pit with a spoon. Scoop out the flesh, place in a medium bowl, and mash with a fork. Add the lemon juice, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.  Toast the English muffins and place each half on a plate. Top each with a slice of bacon then a poached egg. Spoon the avocado mixture over each egg, sprinkle with paprika, and serve immediately.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »

French Toast

7 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 (1-pound) loaf egg bread (challah), cut into eight 1-inch slices

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and cinnamon; mix well.  In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip each bread slice in the egg mixture then cook 2 to 4 minutes, until golden on both sides, turning halfway through cooking, and adding the remaining butter to the skillet as needed.  Cut the French toast in half diagonally and serve with your favorite topping or......................

In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup maple syrup, 3 tablespoons butter, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter has melted and the syrup is warmed through.
Good on pancakes and waffles too.
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 07:26:25 am »

Seems you're the only one carrying the load on this recipe board for some reason, GA.  I've been racking my brain trying to understand why.  Thought I'd make another meager offering.  This is my daily breakfast, no greasy sausage or bacon, or high-cholesterol-packed crap, excess bread, etc.

Use one (1) 'clean' bowl...

Dump one (1) cup of oatmeal (I prefer quick-oats) into 'clean' bowl...

Add one (1) cup of blueberries....yummy...oh, yeah, into 'clean' bowl...

Add six (6) ounces of spring water in 'clean' bowl...

Microwave for one and a half (1 1/2) minutes...(Note: 'Nuking time' will vary depending on microwave wattage...experiment)

Remove bowl from microwave...

Let sit for one (1) minute to allow contents to 'kewl'...

Add five (5) or six (6) 'sprinkles' of cinnamon to concoction...(Warning: Will increase a sensation of 'thirst' a couple (2) of hours later...be sure to satiate 'thirst' with spring water as needed)

Add one (1) tablespoon, or so, of honey (sweeten to taste)...

Use 'clean' spoon to stir the oatmeal concoction...

Add more spring water if needed for better consistency...

Now THAT'S a good, healthy breakfast that will 'stick' with you (get it?) until you get hungry.

Note: Sometimes I will substitute a banana, strawberries, whatever, for blueberries...depends on what 'appears' to be the most fresh...it's just that it's my understanding that blueberries are about the healthiest 'fruit.'  Something about the stuff in them that gives them the blue color.  Heck, lately I've been buying 20-30 lbs. of them when they are in season and freezing them to help get me through the winter.  I'll also buy the frozen bags at Aldi's to supplement my stock.

As an aside, have  you actually eaten 'all' of those recipes that you've submitted?  Are you like,...morbidly obese?  Not that it matters to me.  I'm sure 'Angels' come in all sizes...  It's just that I'm 'ignorant' and would like to become 'enlightened.'  Inquiring minds want to know...  
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 11:15:08 am »

Buzz,  I have helped write two cookbooks and yes, I have in my lifetime, tried most of the recipes that I post.  The others have been tried and tested by either friends or family and their testimonies to the fact they are good satisfies me.

Now to the more important fact.  I had a recipe thread on the CN, they shut it down and I lost all the recipes.  I transferred the thread to the Briarpatch where it remains today, but no one can know for how long.  I am putting those recipes here.  To date, in the seven years I have been on the computer, I have lost recipe threads 4 times, thus the reason I like to keep them on at least two sites and that is why I am transferring them here, with DJ's permission.

My recipe thread on AAD had more hits (almost 30,000) than any other thread.  People, mostly women, read it on a daily basis and a lot of them pm'd me with requests and new ideas.  I know it's not of much interest to you, but if you will note the hits, it is being read and I am sure the recipes are being used.  I am not the only one posting recipes......Madisons has posted a few.

No, I am not morbidly obese, just pleasingly plump!  I love to cook, and I share with family and neighbors. I don't consider posting the recipes a "load" I consider it something to do other than argue politics and it keeps me sane while I watch my husband disapper into the fog of Alzheimer's disease.  I hope this answers all of your questions.  Thanks for your contributions.
Report Spam   Logged

Madisons

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 01:27:12 pm »

I love to cook and have over the years collected lots of recipes.  (Until abut a year ago I owned a small family type restaurant.)   I would never post a recipe on here that I haven't personally tried.  I love GA's recipes and occasionally featured one as a lunch special at the restaurant. (those little ham and cheese sandwiches on the Kings Hawaiian rolls were popular with my customers)

Not all cooks are fat, in fact it is kind of a mean stereotype!  Many of us have hobbies, and mine is cooking and sometimes sharing something that others might like to try!

So GA... keep on posting and I'll toss in a few now and then.
Report Spam   Logged

Live One Day At A Time And Make It A Masterpiece
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 01:59:04 pm »

Thank you Madisons.  I intend to keep on posting ..... Wink  For over 20 years I  was Co administrator of nursing homes in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Missouri along with my husband.  My area was Dietary, Housekeeping and Laundry... I made the menu's and did the purchasing.   Our homes excelled in food service because we had diverse menus.  When we left the nursing home business and bought a convenience store, we included a Deli where I could continue feeding people.  It's something I really enjoy and sharing makes it more enjoyable. 
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 03:30:12 pm »

Thanks ladies....

I once was ignorant, but now am enlightened.

Sorry to hear about your Hubby, GA.  I had no idea...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 11:26:52 pm »

Veggie Frittata

8 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons butter

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter; mix well.   In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the mixture is solid, about 25 minutes.  Turn the frittata out of the skillet and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum