Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 11:10:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

NO SOCIAL SECURITY INCREASE

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: NO SOCIAL SECURITY INCREASE  (Read 886 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 12:33:48 am »

This is beautiful thing...Buz and Terry singing the praises of George Carlin the Liberal.

Do you two even know what you support? You seem rather confused.  Roll Eyes

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Roll Eyes

I want you to enlighten my ignorant brain, and explain why George Carlin was a 'liberal.'  But read the rest of my post first.  Then please read it again before you post your explanation because I don't want any mis-interpretations on your part...again.

I never said you or your brain are ignorant. I figure in most conservative circles they would consider him to be a liberal but maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was just anti-establishment.

I've got a City Council member who, to this day, accuses me of being a liberal because I criticized Bush!  And now you're confused in thinking that, why, I must be a conservative because I'm criticizing Barky.  Because why, DV?  Is Barky a 'liberal,' in your opinion? What makes him a 'liberal?'  And since you support him, are you putting yourself (proudly?) in the 'liberal' camp?

I've gotten accused of being everything across the political spectrum myself. Sometimes you come off as being not just conservative -- but neo-conservative! Especially when you post links to neo-con websites like Drudge and World Net Daily. Yes, Obama is suppose to be a Liberal Democrat I guess...but the Liberals are pissed off at him because they say he's moved to far to the center. I am supportive of Obama because I believe he is trying to turn the country around. I don't see any ulterior motives in his actions or that he has some kind of agenda to destroy America and purposely make life for the working man/woman even worse than it already is...but it seems that you do. We just disagree is all...no big deal. I live with a man that I politically disagree with all the time. I believe it's his right to his own thoughts and feelings. And he understands when I try to tell him (at the top of my lungs) that he shouldn't think like that because he will have bad Karma and have to pay for it. I'm only thinking of him.

I don't consider myself a Liberal but I agree with some Liberal philosophies and some Conservative ones....but for the most part I'm in the middle...a Centrist...and I vote the man/woman, not the party and labels are meaningless.

Barky 'promised' to close Gitmo, but left the practice of Bush's 'renditioning' intact, as well as 'indefinite detention.'  He 'promised to get our troops out of Iraq right away, then it was 'within 16 months,' then '23 months.'  Ooookayyy...  He promised workers that he would 're-negotiate NAFTA and GATT'...we're still waiting.  He 'dissed' the Patriot Act while he was a Senator, the voted 'for it!'  Re-instate Posse Comitatus?  We're still waiting on that, too.

Well...I think it was truly his intention to close Gitmo but the wing-nuts in his own party besides the wing-nuts on the other side started having a sh!t fit so I seriously doubt Ron Paul would or could have done anything different with his hands tied as Obama's are.

A lot of people considered Bush to be a 'conservative,' I suppose because 'Pills' Limbaugh told them that he was.  He trashed the Bill of Rights, illegally invaded foreign countries and tripled the size of the Federal government.  Is that being 'conservative?'

No, I never considered Bush to be conservative...I always considered him to be the useful idiot that he was.

Question, DV:  In all of my posts, over all of these years, do you ever me remember 'labeling' myself or anyone else? 

No, I don't remember.

The source of 'our' problems goes way beyond labels.  Maybe the 'labelling thing' has what has been encouraged by the brain-washers in our controlled media to keep us divided and squabbling amongst ourselves in order to prevent us from identifying the 'cause' of our nation's demise.

That's it exactly Buz. This is what I have been trying to convey for quite some time now. When was the last time you heard a cheer go out from we the people...the whole nation in unison. "United we stand, Divided we Fall" we have forgotten what that means...or maybe we never really knew. Keeping us divided into smaller and smaller politically labeled sub-groups and pitting one side against the other. It's done consistently and with purpose. Divide and conquer. America was THE richest country in the world and look where we are now. Obama really does want to make a difference. If you find out what he really is about, what kind of man he is, what kind of father, what kind of husband -- then you should know in your heart what kind of leader he wants to be. 

If I was to slap a label on someone, I would call our Founding Fathers 'liberal terrorists.'  The Tories were the 'conservatives.'  Get it?  Jesus was a 'conservative' because He held to the traditions of the Old Testament, and 'dissed' the Pharisees and Sadducees for interpreting it in a way that suited them.  Are you 'gettin' it yet?'

What I'm gettin'....is that I think you need to come down off you high horse.

Liberal, conservative...right-wing, left-wing...old, young...black, white...All 'distractions.'

Yes, maybe you're the one gettin'....it.

Again, I would ask why you really supported Ron Paul?  It seems that it wasn't because of the 'values' he espoused... He labelled himself as a 'strict Constitutionalist.'  Me too...

I haven't really examined all my thoughts about Ron Paul. I certainly believed in his message of freedom and peace. I still do.

I really have no use for labels but if you would like me think of you that way...I'll be more than happy to.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum