Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 10:30:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

NO SOCIAL SECURITY INCREASE

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NO SOCIAL SECURITY INCREASE  (Read 877 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:53 am »

The thing is...is that when President Obama does do something that will be very beneficial to the American people it is ignored by the media (and Buz). (My hope is that some of you will start asking yourself just why that is.) In the case of Medicare and Medicade...fraud is the major cause of rising costs.

Just recently a 2.3 Billion in fines was paid out by Pfizer...the largest health care fraud settlement in history. Drop in the bucket since this is the 4th time for the habitual offender. Merck paid a record $900+ million in fines for a related case in 2008. Tenet Healthcare paid $700 million in combined fines and claims in 2006. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Where's the outrage! Where's the big tea party for jailing heads of Corporations and Companies that defraud the Federal government??? And Terry...to your credit...you even mentioned "what aren't the CEO's going to jail?)

In May 20, 2009, President Obama signed the Fraud Enforcement & Recovery Act of 2009, which included amendments to the False Claims Act. (It was the first time the FCA has been amended since 1986.) With the strengthened laws now on the books, federal investigators may be able to recover many billions more.

Anyone hear anything about the above?

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 10:58:57 am »

There are a couple of major players on this forum who have 'hitched their wagon' to Barky, and if they observe current events, combined with events to come, with 'critical thinking,' it won't take four years for them to admit (at least to themselves), 'Ooops!'  The question is, will they openly admit it, as our economy continues to deteriorate and as Barky's wars continue to be waged?

What I see happening is that Bush has destroyed the Repubs future.  And depending on how quickly our Empire comes down, I see Barky doing the same for Dems.  People will have lost their support for either Party, and if the economy goes into a full-blown Depression (and all the indicators show that it can:  manufacturing practically destroyed, high unemployment for years, weakening dollar), and things get ugly (a guy from Detroit said on C-Span this morning that he's been out of work for three years, taken the re-education classes, still can't find work, so he's going to buy a gun to take what he needs to survive - that kind of 'ugly'), all of the laws and executive orders have been signed to implement Martial Law.  Voila!  Police State and rule by the Secret Government.

Where is that 'silver lining?'  Answer that question before bashing buzz for being pessimistic.  Is there some 'miracle product' that will be invented here in America (and produced in China) that's going to make our country 'great' again?

When will Barky's supporters understand 'again' that the person occupying the White House is a 'figure-head' who's been 'allowed' to live there.  I agree with them that Bush lacked the mental capacity to form a proper sentence on his own, let alone command the resources necessary to win a prez campaign.  But he didn't have to,...he 'had people' that chose him to be prez, and it wasn't us lowly voters either.

Who 'really' runs this country?  I am a 'slave' to my paycheck. Doesn't your 'income' determine how well you eat, sleep, and are clothed?  Who can survive without money?  Where does money come from?  Does anyone 'believe' they aren't a 'slave?'

The perfect slave is one who thinks (believes) he's free. - Author unknown

But I suppose that it's 'nice & warm & fuzzy' that Barky has given so many 'hope.'  But as I said in another thread, 'We are all Palestinians!'  If enough people would recognize who our true 'enemy' is, and fight 'them,' instead of fighting amongst ourselves, then that would bring 'change.'  'Divide and conquer'...the enemy knows how to stay on top.

So, the government reports that, because there has been a 'lack of inflation' (blatant lie), those on SS wo't get their COLA raises for two years?  What if...prices hyper-inflate this winter?  Will the Mayor and County Board Chairman have to go into hiding because of highly irate citizens who have no other outlet in which to 'vent?'

What if...the opposite happens, and we experience 'deflation?'  Too many products on the shelves, but no one with money to buy them.  Stores quit placing orders with their suppliers and layoff employees until their stock goes down.  Suppliers lay-off employees, creating more unemployment...more people with no money to 'buy things.'

It can't happen here because,...well,...WE'RE #1!!!!

The Corpostocracy and Status-Quo appreciate your wing-nutted support in seeing that the Obama presidency fails and the American people are destroyed by their own ignorance.   Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 06:30:23 pm »

Wing-nutted?  You know, I really expected as much from you.  Many probably think that, but you're reputation as a knee-jerk, vocal 'denier' is well-known after all these years.

So, you 'deny' that there forces at work behind the scenes that steer the direction our country is taking?

Give me the power to create money, and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild (1744-1812)

In case you've forgotten, or never knew, Rothschild sired five sons, four of whom he stationed in European capitals and one in New York City.  This was the original international banking cartel, and 'Today, the descendants run a financial empire that covers the world, with branches in Europe, Australia, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.'  http://www.answers.com/topic/mayer-rothschild

Can I 'assume' that you're aware that international bankers also 'care not' which side wins a war, as long as they're able to 'loan money' to countries engaged in war?...Because they're usually 'loaning money' to both sides?  Same with our national elections, dearie.  As our own Sen. Durbin blurted out during a radio interview a few months ago, 'Bankers own Congress.'
                                                                                 Contribution
       Bank                                     Obama                                 McCain             
Goldman Sachs                             $994,795                                          $230,095
CitiGroup Inc                                    701,290                                           322,051
JP Morgan Chase & Co                  695,132                                           228,107
Morgan Stanley                                514,881                                           273,452

It appears that the 'bankers' wanted Barky in more than McCain.

And this:

Secret, Foreign Money Floods Into Obama Campaign

More than half of the whopping $426.9 million Barack Obama has raised has come from small donors whose names the Obama campaign won't disclose.

And questions have arisen about millions more in foreign donations the Obama campaign has received that apparently have not been vetted as legitimate.

http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/Obama_fundraising_illegal/2008/09/29/135718.html

Does that not make you go, 'Hmmmm....?'  Or does your knee jerk, and you're preparing a 'Barky-hater' response?

Flame away....
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 09:52:24 pm »

Wing-nutted?  You know, I really expected as much from you.  Many probably think that, but you're reputation as a knee-jerk, vocal 'denier' is well-known after all these years.

What are you talking about? Knee-jerk, vocal 'denier'? I may have dabbled in moon-battery at times but those days are over.

So, you 'deny' that there forces at work behind the scenes that steer the direction our country is taking?

No...my friend...I deny nothing...on this we absolutely agree!

Give me the power to create money, and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild (1744-1812)

In case you've forgotten, or never knew, Rothschild sired five sons, four of whom he stationed in European capitals and one in New York City.  This was the original international banking cartel, and 'Today, the descendants run a financial empire that covers the world, with branches in Europe, Australia, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.'  http://www.answers.com/topic/mayer-rothschild

So what? What does any of this have to do with Obama? Do you think Obama somehow orchestrated the Rothschild financial dynasty before he was born? Do you not see how ridiculous that is? I used to go on about the Rothschild's too but when I started looking for facts that they actually had something to do with the bleeding dry of America...I came up short. It seems the de Rothschilds are not nearly as powerful as they once were when they dominated European banking.

On the face of it, this harsh landscape bodes ill for the 58-year-old chairman of Rothschild & Cie Banque and his cousin, Evelyn de Rothschild, chairman of NM Rothschild & Sons, the clan's London-based branch. The fabled Rothschild name was once synonymous with prodigious wealth and power. Today, the Rothschilds head a group whose employees number just 550. The likes of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, and Citigroup dwarf it. Despite having its best year ever for mergers and acquisitions, the Rothschild group's total investment banking profit for 2000 will be barely $200 million, a fraction of what the big boys take home. With such competition, Rothschild ''is going to be very fragile in the long run,'' says one prominent banker in Paris. Source: Newsweek online - Dec. 2000 issue

The ones really in charge would just as soon have you believe the Rothschilds of today have some "agenda" and are behind the looting of this country...because it lets the real culprits off the hook.  And....if the truth be known Sweetie Pie....it was Evelyn de Rothschild who backed McCain!

Can I 'assume' that you're aware that international bankers also 'care not' which side wins a war, as long as they're able to 'loan money' to countries engaged in war?...Because they're usually 'loaning money' to both sides?  Same with our national elections, dearie.  As our own Sen. Durbin blurted out during a radio interview a few months ago, 'Bankers own Congress.'
                                                                                 Contribution
       Bank                                     Obama                                 McCain             
Goldman Sachs                             $994,795                                          $230,095
CitiGroup Inc                                    701,290                                           322,051
JP Morgan Chase & Co                  695,132                                           228,107
Morgan Stanley                                514,881                                           273,452

It appears that the 'bankers' wanted Barky in more than McCain.

And this:

Secret, Foreign Money Floods Into Obama Campaign

More than half of the whopping $426.9 million Barack Obama has raised has come from small donors whose names the Obama campaign won't disclose.

I know this much...there's a lot of disinformation being strewn about for those looking for a reason to want Obama to fail. You play right into their hands when you accept the lies and half-truths that Obama is some willing corporate tool, rather than have your comfort zone disturbed and believe that a very educated bi-racial social activist wants all Americans to enjoy the fruits of this once great country. He is being forced to play against a stacked deck because of his racial identity and the hatred towards him will be the downfall of us all. So..goody-goody..he will be a miserable failure and the USA will be a third-world-like country but at least you'll be able to pat yourself on the back and say "I told'm so".

And questions have arisen about millions more in foreign donations the Obama campaign has received that apparently have not been vetted as legitimate.

http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/Obama_fundraising_illegal/2008/09/29/135718.html

The politician does what will get him re-elected and usually that does not include doing what the fickle voters say they want. What gets him re-elected is campaign contributions. This is they way it's been done for decades. Why blame it on Obama. What have the voters done to change it?

No, it's much easier to believe the fraudulent claims of a bunch of rabid Obama haters who are more interested in the politics of personal attack and destruction than they are in seeing anything of importance actually accomplished. I don't like or dislike everything Obama has or hasn't done. I was simply trying to objective and give it some time. What's he going to do now...he doesn't even have the backing of his own party. It's all downhill from here. Stick a fork in him because he's done. Now what?

Does that not make you go, 'Hmmmm....?'  Or does your knee jerk, and you're preparing a 'Barky-hater' response?

Oh take it easy...I am just having a political discussion with you...and maybe I just want to  "needle needle" you a little bit.  Grin

Flame away....

Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:47:16 pm »

You 'believed' that I implied that Barky 'orchestrated' the Rothschild Dynasty?  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Yeah, right...me dumb.  If you 'read into' something in my posts that is obviously whacko, let me suggest that you re-read it.  I know that you don't think I am stupid, so why didn't you ask yourself why I would post something so stupid?  Why?  Does your brain move faster than your fingers?

In one part of your post you 'absolutely' agree with me that there are dark forces at work behind the scenes, and then a few lines down you state that, 'The ones really in charge would just as soon have you believe the Rothschilds of today have some "agenda" and are behind the looting of this country...because it lets the real culprits off the hook.

Now that's quite a sentence indeed, and weaves in and out between your previous statement.  I'm saying that 'the ones really in charge' ARE the 'Rothschilds of today,' and ARE the 'real culprits.'  Tell me who you think the 'real culprits' are.  No...let me guess...right-wing, Barky-hatin', nut-jobs!  Am I close?  IMHO, that's really kinda 'shallow.'

And then you go on to say that I 'play right into their hands.'  Riiiight....

That I 'accept the lies and half-truths...'  Riiiight....

That's just the way I am...my mind is easily persuaded, molded to 'think' how other people want me to  think.  Riiight...

My 'comfort-zone disturbed?' .......I won't 'go there.'

And, of course, you did include a couple of references to 'Barky-haters.'  You just can't shake that habit, just like the 'Bush-lovers' always referred to critics as 'Bush-haters' when logic failed them.

Peace-out....
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06:45 pm »

Just show me some proof that Obama is a willing corporate tool. Can you at least do that?
Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 08:25:48 am »

What does any of this blabber have to do with the fact that the elderly will not be getting an increase for the next two years ?
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 09:14:28 am »

This 'blabber' has EVERYTHING to do with it, Terry.  Maybe George Carlin can explain it better.  Listen to what he says about Social Security at the 1:45 mark in this short video.  Heck, listen to all of it and the follow-up videos of that performance.  George KNEW, just as Jesse Ventura and thousands and hopefully millions of other Americans 'know' what is going on. 

Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 10:26:29 am »

This 'blabber' has EVERYTHING to do with it, Terry.  Maybe George Carlin can explain it better.  Listen to what he says about Social Security at the 1:45 mark in this short video.  Heck, listen to all of it and the follow-up videos of that performance.  George KNEW, just as Jesse Ventura and thousands and hopefully millions of other Americans 'know' what is going on. 

Thanks for the post.  But, unfortunately, millions of Americans do not know what's going on.  George hit the nail on the head.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 10:32:07 am »

What does any of this blabber have to do with the fact that the elderly will not be getting an increase for the next two years ?

Now Terry..if the truth be told, no one has their snouts up to the trough more than seniors do. Did they not just get one of the largest increases in SS benefits at the beginning of Jan. this year? I know my own mother isn't complaining.
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 10:39:58 am »

This is beautiful thing...Buz and Terry singing the praises of George Carlin the Liberal.

Do you two even know what you support? You seem rather confused.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:39 am »

Now Terry..if the truth be told, no one has their snouts up to the trough more than seniors do. Did they not just get one of the largest increases in SS benefits at the beginning of Jan. this year? I know my own mother isn't complaining.
Well, your mother should be complaining.  Obama has big bucks for the Wall St. bankers, the insurance companies, the auto industry, etc, but not one nickle for the seniors.  As a matter of act, the seniors will take a haircut, resulting from increased Medicare cost.  I believe that he has a innate hatred of the elderly and sees them as an enemy in his fight for his health care program.  That's why he wants to cut hundred of millions from the Medicare program.  One thing I'm very sure of is that he will pay dearly in his next campaign for president.
Maybe you should take some time with your mother and explain to her how Obama is giving her the shaft.  Assisting the elderly is a good thing to do.
And, while I'm no fan of Carlin, he made a valid point.  Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:34:15 am by Terry » Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 12:32:02 pm »

This is beautiful thing...Buz and Terry singing the praises of George Carlin the Liberal.

Do you two even know what you support? You seem rather confused.  Roll Eyes

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I want you to enlighten my ignorant brain, and explain why George Carlin was a 'liberal.'  But read the rest of my post first.  Then please read it again before you post your explanation because I don't want any mis-interpretations on your part...again.

I've got a City Council member who, to this day, accuses me of being a liberal because I criticized Bush!  And now you're confused in thinking that, why, I must be a conservative because I'm criticizing Barky.  Because why, DV?  Is Barky a 'liberal,' in your opinion? What makes him a 'liberal?'  And since you support him, are you putting yourself (proudly?) in the 'liberal' camp?

Barky 'promised' to close Gitmo, but left the practice of Bush's 'renditioning' intact, as well as 'indefinite detention.'  He 'promised to get our troops out of Iraq right away, then it was 'within 16 months,' then '23 months.'  Ooookayyy...  He promised workers that he would 're-negotiate NAFTA and GATT'...we're still waiting.  He 'dissed' the Patriot Act while he was a Senator, the voted 'for it!'  Re-instate Posse Comitatus?  We're still waiting on that, too.

A lot of people considered Bush to be a 'conservative,' I suppose because 'Pills' Limbaugh told them that he was.  He trashed the Bill of Rights, illegally invaded foreign countries and tripled the size of the Federal government.  Is that being 'conservative?'

Question, DV:  In all of my posts, over all of these years, do you ever me remember 'labeling' myself or anyone else? 

The source of 'our' problems goes way beyond labels.  Maybe the 'labelling thing' has what has been encouraged by the brain-washers in our controlled media to keep us divided and squabbling amongst ourselves in order to prevent us from identifying the 'cause' of our nation's demise.

If I was to slap a label on someone, I would call our Founding Fathers 'liberal terrorists.'  The Tories were the 'conservatives.'  Get it?  Jesus was a 'conservative' because He held to the traditions of the Old Testament, and 'dissed' the Pharisees and Sadducees for interpreting it in a way that suited them.  Are you 'gettin' it yet?'

Liberal, conservative...right-wing, left-wing...old, young...black, white...All 'distractions.'

Again, I would ask why you really supported Ron Paul?  It seems that it wasn't because of the 'values' he espoused... He labelled himself as a 'strict Constitutionalist.'  Me too...
Report Spam   Logged

nancyo

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 01:16:20 pm »

Buz regardless of my party affiliation, you have brought up some good points on which to reflect.  It's too bad that in order to reach the highest office in the land, you must have kissed so many a*ses on the way that you can no longer be your own person.  What we truly need running things is a common no nonsense person who is just a working slob and knows how to balance a budget on next to nothing!  Maybe then the government could actually relate to all of us down here in the trenches.
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:51 pm »

You guys better quit pickin on Obama,,has any of you watched the dvd Obama.DECEPTION....SCAREY...i have no affiliation..... i think they otta buid a prison out in   say, the desert and  start jailing all the politicions...start low, say the city council, all over the country....then start screening the new ones out , and tell them that will happen to you if you become a crook.....and then work ur way to the top,,they shud start with  Polosi..the lil ol airplane she was provided jus wasnt grand enuff for her heiness.she has to have a new  757 to get her back to Califoria once a week, anybody ever thot how much that wud cost tax payers..i heard about 600,000 a week fuel and staff..but hell that isnt nuttin at all  any   more for the  uppity politions...they really do think they own the country..they are above all, they dont have to pay taxes, they appointed to a high position...........and can someone tell me does Obama have a legal birth certificate HuhHuh?     AND CANT WE ALL JUS GET ALONG?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum