Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 11:45:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bill Black saga starts again

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Black saga starts again  (Read 405 times)
marigoldhead

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:12 am »

I knew he would do this..... I have great respect for him but dont play the games.  Lori had a great campaign and should have been our state rep.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

nancyo

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:53:57 pm »

Guess there is always a possibility she might get the appointment if that seat is vacated before the term expires. 
Glad to see you found your way over here too. 
Report Spam   Logged
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:58:09 pm »

Guess there is always a possibility she might get the appointment if that seat is vacated before the term expires. 

Lori said she will not run again.  I wish she would!  It is very wrong in my opinion that bill ran again.  He only did it because the republican party lost Scott.  Glad your here also Nancy!
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:21:19 pm »

I'm glad you're both here!

Group hug!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
nancyo

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »

Aaawww shucks. Big hug right back at you Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Radardude

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:29 pm »

If the seat is vacated, it will be filled by the local republican committees and I don't see them putting her in there.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:40:54 pm »

I think Bill Black should just retire, and go away...but i think Flpper Quinn will give the trustee"s seat to him...I thot the Gov. would fire the 2 last trutees if they didnt resign...he should give the 1"s that step down their jobs back..they need to start clean and let them all go.
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:42 pm »

I think Bill Black should just retire, and go away...but i think Flpper Quinn will give the trustee"s seat to him...I thot the Gov. would fire the 2 last trutees if they didnt resign...he should give the 1"s that step down their jobs back..they need to start clean and let them all go.
If I was a Trustee that did no wrong, then why should I step down? Stepping down acknowledges guilt. Those last two remaining should stay there and let a judge settle it.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
McDuff

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 12:30:11 am »

If I was a Trustee that did no wrong, then why should I step down? Stepping down acknowledges guilt. Those last two remaining should stay there and let a judge settle it.

I disagree, I was under the impression they'd admitted showing favor, but it was OK because "everyone does it".  With a school as prestigous as the U of I and after Blago made the state a laughing stock, I think it's important to put this behind us and move on.  Besides, if I worked my butt off to go to the U of I and some idiot kid gets my spot because his Dad made the right donations, I'd be pretty PO'd!  They need to step down!
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:33:25 am »

If Black resigns, any bets on Eisenhaur being appointed to fill out the remainder of his term? Then he can run as an incumbent the next time around.
Report Spam   Logged
Rabbittown Ron

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 07:16:46 am »

Why must we always get what we deserve?
Report Spam   Logged
Radardude

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:00 am »

If Black resigns, any bets on Eisenhaur being appointed to fill out the remainder of his term? Then he can run as an incumbent the next time around.

0%
Report Spam   Logged

Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 08:11:25 pm »

To hear all the trustees , none of them were guilty, Flipper Quinn asked them all to step down , most did, does that make them  guilty, besides he was gonna fire them if they didnt step down..WOW ...wonder why he flipped again...im thinlin he"s about as bad as Blogo, i think all politicians are only there for what they can gain,and thats all of them.us older folks will be alright ...but the kids and grandkids, are in a heep ol trouble if we dont get the tea bags..
Report Spam   Logged
granny1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »

Anyone hear any scuttlebutt on who might take Black's position? I heard through the grapevine that Scott definatly does not want it. Once burned, twice shy I hear.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 04:33:09 pm »

From what I've read, Black will be serving out the remainder of his term, unless he is appointed as a trustee of the U of I. Then a republican will be appointed. Otherwise, a regular election will be held as normal.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum