Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 11:23:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

One man's 'opinion' on the state of the national economy

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One man's 'opinion' on the state of the national economy  (Read 90 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:24:31 pm »

Howard Davidowitz runs a retail consulting firm Davidowitz and Associates.

Some outtakes of his interview:

On retail:

* "The retail business is terrible... It's almost all negative."
    * "We're going to close hundreds of thousands of stores."

On the consumer:

* "They’re still over leveraged, they're losing jobs, their credit has been cut back."

On America:

* "We are in the tank forever. As a country we are out of control, we're in a death spiral."

On the stock market:

* "We're in terrible shape. That's what the fundamentals tell me. I can't explain the stock market."

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/312114/%22In-the-Tank-Forever%22-U.S.-Consumers-Retailers-in-a-%22Death-Spiral%22-Davidowitz-Says?tickers=dltr,fdo,ndn,kss,xrt,WMT,CVS&sec=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=

I've posted the 'explanation' for weird stock market goings-on before on the C-N Forum, Howard.  Weren't you paying attention?  Ronnie 'Raygun' issued an Executive Order creating what is commonly referred to as the 'Plunge Protection Team,' as a response to the 'Crash' of '87.  The PPT consists of the US Treasury Secretary, the SEC Chairman, and the Fed Chairman.  Under this order, created over 21 years ago, if the stock market indicates that it is going in the negative direction for too long or too deep (a 'plunge') to suit the bankers that run this country, in order to prevent skittish 401k investors, and others, from selling, the PPT will inject billions and billions of tax dollars into key stocks (causing the stock market to either halt it's plunge or rise) and give the 'appearance' that 'all is well.'

I heard a report today that the number of personal bankrupcies filed in July was the second highest ever, at 130,000.

On a brighter note, I noticed in the 'sale adds' that Big R has their ammo on sale.

Later...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:03 pm »

Howard Davidowitz runs a retail consulting firm Davidowitz and Associates.

Some outtakes of his interview:

On retail:

* "The retail business is terrible... It's almost all negative."
    * "We're going to close hundreds of thousands of stores."

On the consumer:

* "They’re still over leveraged, they're losing jobs, their credit has been cut back."

On America:

* "We are in the tank forever. As a country we are out of control, we're in a death spiral."

On the stock market:

* "We're in terrible shape. That's what the fundamentals tell me. I can't explain the stock market."

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/312114/%22In-the-Tank-Forever%22-U.S.-Consumers-Retailers-in-a-%22Death-Spiral%22-Davidowitz-Says?tickers=dltr,fdo,ndn,kss,xrt,WMT,CVS&sec=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=

I've posted the 'explanation' for weird stock market goings-on before on the C-N Forum, Howard.  Weren't you paying attention?  Ronnie 'Raygun' issued an Executive Order creating what is commonly referred to as the 'Plunge Protection Team,' as a response to the 'Crash' of '87.  The PPT consists of the US Treasury Secretary, the SEC Chairman, and the Fed Chairman.  Under this order, created over 21 years ago, if the stock market indicates that it is going in the negative direction for too long or too deep (a 'plunge') to suit the bankers that run this country, in order to prevent skittish 401k investors, and others, from selling, the PPT will inject billions and billions of tax dollars into key stocks (causing the stock market to either halt it's plunge or rise) and give the 'appearance' that 'all is well.'

I heard a report today that the number of personal bankrupcies filed in July was the second highest ever, at 130,000.

On a brighter note, I noticed in the 'sale adds' that Big R has their ammo on sale.

Later...

Thank you Mr. Pessimistic!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »

Thank you Mr. Pessimistic!

IMHO, I'm being realistic.  The article that I linked to wasn't all doom & gloom.  Read it,...c'mon,...I dare ya!

He states what I've posted before.  The 'success stories' in retail will be the Dollar General's, the Big Lot's, the Aldi's-type businesses.

Consumers, present company excluded of course, are way over-leveraged.  Kids are 'conditioned' that obtaining material goods is easy, as soon as their credit card application is 'approved,' and it will be.  They graduate college with tens of thousands of dollars of debt.  Technology makes expensive toys obsolete in two to three years, sometimes before the older toy is paid for.  Someone under thirty who is actually 'saving money,' is a very rare bird.

I won't bother posting a tome on what I see in the future for our country.  I'll just re-post a quote that is attributed to T. Jefferson:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

We the People are their children...

Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:13:45 am »

Good video by an observer who has posted many on YouTube:

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]