Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 01:01:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

President Obama

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 1807 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:56:13 pm »

Barky nominates Bernanke for another ten-year term as Fed Chief = NO CHANGE!
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cap'n Preshoot

Old Phart

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:39:57 pm »

In my (sometimes) not-so-humble opinion, I believe the American taxpayer would be well served if Bernanke were to abolish the FED and then immediately resign.
Report Spam   Logged

The Pay-TV industry does not hold the patent on alienating customers, but COMCAST in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:52:44 pm »

Bernanke can't abolish the Fed, he can only resign, and why would he do that?

Congress created the Fed, with the President's approval.  Only Congress can abolish the Fed, with the President's approval.

Reminder to all...

The Fed is a group of 'privately-owned' banks.  Many of these 'owners' are foreign and also own Europe's Central Banks.  The Fed has 'never' been audited.

IMHO, the Fed is the 'root' of 'all' of America's problems.

I just can't say enough 'bad' about it...
Report Spam   Logged

jeffc

100 years from now it won't matter now will it?

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:19:04 am »

Barky nominates Bernanke for another ten-year term as Fed Chief = NO CHANGE!
******************************************************************************************

There you go again!
Report Spam   Logged

Help, I'm falling. Get me another beer.
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »

This is beginning to look more and more like a Bush third-term...

People get 'fed up' with Bush the Elder and 'vote' in Clinton...

People get 'fed up' with Clinton and 'vote' in Bush the Younger...

People get 'fed up' with Bush the Younger and 'vote' in Barky...

Duh...I'm seeing a pattern here...back and forth...'Red Team' then 'Blue Team'...'Blue Team' then 'Red Team'

No 'real change' for the taxpayers from either 'team'...

Duh...Both 'teams' owned by the same persons?

Ya think?

Think Bilderbergers, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations...

Think Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Brezinski, Kissinger,...

Think New World Order...One Government, One currency, One religion...
Report Spam   Logged

Cap'n Preshoot

Old Phart

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 07:37:45 pm »

This is beginning to look more and more like a Bush third-term...

People get 'fed up' with Bush the Elder and 'vote' in Clinton...

People get 'fed up' with Clinton and 'vote' in Bush the Younger...

People get 'fed up' with Bush the Younger and 'vote' in Barky...

Duh...I'm seeing a pattern here...back and forth...'Red Team' then 'Blue Team'...'Blue Team' then 'Red Team'

No 'real change' for the taxpayers from either 'team'...

Duh...Both 'teams' owned by the same persons?

Ya think?

Think Bilderbergers, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations...

Think Rockefeller, Rothschilds, Brezinski, Kissinger,...

Think New World Order...One Government, One currency, One religion...

Well yeah but.....
Bush 41 outright lied to everyone.  "Read my lips....no new taxes".
Clinton served two terms but couldn't keep his pants zipped.  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman....Ms. Lewinsky"
Bush 43 stole the election, got 2 terms out of the deal and led us into an un-winnable and undeclared war, without UN sanction and all on the basis of lies (WMD)
Barkey runs away with the election against a GOP candidate who ran before and lost. Why should we expect the outcome to be any different a second time? The GOP's veep candidate was horribly vetted and became the butt of many jokes and a distraction, even long after the election. The only way she could avoid the heat was to get out of the kitchen, which she recently did in resigning her governorship 18 mo before the end of her term.
Sarah Palin in 2012? May God have mercy on us all. If that really is the GOP plan, Barkey is a shoe-in for a 2nd term.
In retrospect one could say that the Grand Old Party hasn't fielded a superb candidate since Reagan. Until they can come up with a candidate who is both intelligent and charismatic, they will struggle to win back the White House.  The only thing I see happening in the near future is a massive GOP win in the House & Senate in 2010 just to reign Barkey back in a little. Both teams likely work for the same company, the lobbyists who feather their nests.  Personally I'd have liked to have seen Colin Powell have a shot at the top job.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:10:23 pm by Cap'n Preshoot » Report Spam   Logged

The Pay-TV industry does not hold the patent on alienating customers, but COMCAST in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.
stlcards

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 10:31:30 pm »

What made Reagan superb? You mean just as a candidate and not President, right?
Report Spam   Logged

"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 02:18:33 pm »

Calling health insurance reform a "defining struggle of this generation," President Obama told thousands of college students Thursday that Congress must resist scare tactics and false accusations to do a makeover.

That was the lead to an article linked to on the whatreallyhappened.com website.  The following is the response by the host of that website to that article:

Dear President Obey-me.

Insurance corporation profits are not, repeat not, the "defining struggle of this generation."

What arrogant nonsense, even from you.

I know you think you have the divine right to tell Americans what they should think is important or not, but common sense has to tell you that the real defining struggle for the new generation is how to avoid being killed and crippled in all the wars the US Government is trying to start to distract from their total failure with the economy.

The defining struggle of this generation is how to reverse the trend towards tyranny; a trend YOU YOURSELF PROMISED YOU WOULD REVERSE IN YOUR CAMPAIGN SPEECHES, only to support fully now that you are in office.

You promised you would end the wars. The wars continue. Indeed they escalate!

You promised you would end torture. The torture continues.

You promised you would end warrantless spying on Americans. The spying continues.

Only 8 months into the job and you are a total failure as President.

The defining struggle of this generation is how to fire you and all your enablers, and get back the Constitutional Republic the Founding Fathers created for us.

Can I hear an 'Amen?'

Another one of those 'Barky-haters,' right?  Riiiiggghhhttttt...
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 11:49:01 pm »

In case anyone on this forum is not aware, I was a Ron Paul supporter...big-time.  No, I didn't take time off of work to attend any of his out-of-state rallies, or write him letters of my admiration for him.  But I did do something in his support that I've never done before for any political candidate, and will likely never do again, and that was to donate money to his election campaign.  And not just once, or even twice.  And although I didn't make any out-of-state rallies, I did attend one in Champaign and one here in Danville.

Now this is something that is really out-of-character for me because I have always previously voted for anyone who was not an incumbent (which, btw, imho, will be the ONLY way that we, as mere 'citizens,' will ever recover from being imprisoned, figuratively speaking, by the most corrupt government this nation has ever experienced).  I had proudly proclaimed often, and to whoever would listen, that I had never voted for a 'winner.'  You can't blame me, I reasoned...

So how was it that the 'Good Doctor' persuaded me that he, and he alone, was 'the answer?'  I assure you that it wasn't because of any campaign 'promises,' or a 'belief' that he had the solutions to our nation's problems.  Heck, no.  I don't follow a herd, or bend with the wind.  I had heard of Ron Paul from various sources that I 'trusted' many years ago.  He piqued my interest and I began to learn of his past and stay current with his actual voting record.  I 'judged him' by his actions, not his words, and found him to be true to his words.  I became convinced that Paul was 'right' about everything he professed.  Although he was belittled by the Zionist-controlled media and his fellow Repub candidates, I find it 'more than ironic' that he is getting more press coverage these days for his views on the current mess we're in, than when he was campaigning for the presidency.

I mentioned before that I attended a Barky town-hall meeting that was held at DACC shortly after he was elected Senator.  I stated then that when he belatedly entered the 'hall,' all of the audience stood up and clapped wildly, shouting their hosannahs to him.  All except me.  Again, I don't follow the herd.  I knew practically nothing of this man, and certainly knew of no reason why I, as one of his constituents, would admire or respect him.  To me, Barky was, like 'all people,' a fellow man first, his 'station in life' came in second.  As far as I knew, I might someday be one of his most vocal supporters, but again, he would have to 'earn' my support and respect first.

I remember that when I first posted that experience many forums ago, GA asked me if I thought Barky would be 'good for us' in DC.  Again, knowing little about the man, I responded that any person could have the purest of intentions upon getting elected, but once they enter the cesspool in Washington, DC (referred to as the Halls of Congress), it would take a strong person, indeed, not to get caught up in all of the on-going corruption and remain true to his/her constituents.

A few years later, after the endless 'promises' during the campaigns, after the primaries that showed the evidence of voter-fraud against Paul, I sat at the table behind the cardboard cubicle, and steadfastly wrote the name 'Ron Paul' in the category for President.  My heart was satisfied.

Just as my own personal research determined my support for Ron Paul, through years of reading his columns I found that former columnist Charley Reese was also 'always right.'  It was a sad day for me when Charley announced his retirement.  No one that I had read could fill his shoes, until I read a few 'blogs' by Devvy Kidd.  After reading dozens of her articles, and going to various links that she's provided, I can now say that she is the 'real deal.'  I can 'agree' with some, or most, of what other columnists opine, but 'Devvy is heavy.'  When she writes, I read...

Read this:

LINE OF SUCCESSION IF OBAMA/SOETORO REMOVED FROM OFFICE

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd468.htm

In closing, I'll just say to all of those 'passionate' Barky-supporters, be careful what you hitch you're wagon to. 
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:21 am »

I might just throw the same advice back at you because no one is "always right"....... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 04:56:53 pm »

I might just throw the same advice back at you because no one is "always right"....... Grin
GA, thank you -- you always say in a few words what it takes me painful paragraphs to attempt (and I really hope these are my last political ones! Wink )  To wit:

... she is the 'real deal.'  I can 'agree' with some, or most, of what other columnists opine, but 'Devvy is heavy.'  When she writes, I read...
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd468.htm
In closing, I'll just say to all of those 'passionate' Barky-supporters, be careful what you hitch you're wagon to. 

Yeah, "real deal" maybe, Buz, but (rhetorical question here) do you fully BELIEVE her (or any her /him /it /them) as THE TRUTH?  It surprises me if/when you do;  I thought you stood for greater skepticism of all, especially about those who get a bit "rabid" -- as Ms. Kidd can on ocasion.  (But I suppose any of us can -- certainly we intense skeptics, suspicious by nature and questioning others'  [ie, government's] interference or intentions.)   Although I agree with much of Devvy's distrust and belief that Americans need to turn off the tv and get wiser, I think she goes off the rails about fear and doom from the New World Order (far too many divergent cultures and classes will simply not allow THAT sort of authoritarianism to encumber us -- any more than we are already bound as mere organisms on this planet).   So she can be, in part, misguided and misleading as well -- perhaps just not as VILELY so as others.

I admire everyone on this forum who actually seeks Facts and The Truth in this chaotic era of overwhelming "mistruth and misinformation."  Very hard, but some truthseekers here are astonishingly good at it!  Smiley

But a skeptic I most trust, good ol' Mark Twain (the "George Carlin" of his day) said, "Everybody lies, every day; every hour; awake; asleep; in his dreams; in his joy; in his mourning."  (Not that I expect anyone to read it unless asleep, but I just stuck his "Lying" essay in the Philosophy thread.)

Yes, everybody lies, to themselves and others, whether on purpose or in ignorance, naivete or even good will -- POLITICIANS moreso than others because, even without flagrant dishonesty or corruption, their huge egos usually labor under the misapprehension that they'll "use power wisely" to benefit all.   But what the monolithic systems of worldly governance haven't screwed up, human nature does, despite best intentions -- which I do think Obama has (as perceptive "man of THE world" not of "One World").   But you know what they say about good intentions...  (I believe Ms.  Kidd, and most of us here, have them too.)

Twain also said (wishfully, perhaps): "Government is merely a servant – merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them."   Yep, too bad most governing bodies don't realize they're NOT gods.  Nonetheless, somehow they've been elevated and we the lowly are subject to their whims and regulations.

So I too agree with your "wagon-hitching" warning -- it's why I don't hitch tightly to ANY one politician, group, political belief, commentator or fomentor.  (Life first demands self-reliance and self-sufficiency [ethical, let's hope], then observing the rest, particularly power-and/or-money-and/or-attention-grabbers, to dismiss accordingly -- if possible.)  Simply put:  Keep your head while all else are losing theirs.   Undecided

Or as Twain said most aptly and simply in Huck Finn: "All kings is mostly rapscallions." (As well as "There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.")   Sad

As for our current president and the supporters fluffing up his wings and halo (good quips, from both you and GA on the Defense Shield thread!  Wink), behold a final Twainism:
"The man who tells a lie to help a poor devil out of trouble, is one of whom the angels doubtless say, "Lo, here is an heroic soul who casts his own welfare in jeopardy to succor his neighbor's; let us exalt this magnanimous liar."

-- FAR better than the evil selfish liars of previous administrations whose own welfare and prominence were ALL they promoted.  And if, as your Heavy Devvy maintains, we're even more doomed if he's knocked out of office, then we better keep fingers crossed THAT doesn't happen.   Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 06:03:14 am »

'...Obama inherited an excellent opportunity to bring US soldiers home from the Bush regime's illegal wars of aggression. In its final days, the Bush regime realized that it could "win" in Iraq by putting the Sunni insurgents on the US military payroll. Once Bush had 80,000 insurgents collecting US military pay, violence, although still high, dropped in half. All Obama had to do was to declare victory and bring our boys home, thanking Bush for winning the war. It would have shut up the Republicans.

But this sensible course would have impaired the profits and share prices of those firms that comprise the military/security complex. So instead of doing what he said he would do and what the voters elected him to do, Obama restarted the war in Afghanistan and launched a new one in Pakistan. Soon Obama was echoing Bush and Cheney's threats to attack Iran.

In place of health care for Americans, there will be more profits for private insurance companies.

In place of peace there will be more war.

Voters are already recognizing the writing on the wall and are falling away from Obama and the Democrats. Independents who gave Obama his comfortable victory have now swung against him, recently electing Republican governors in New Jersey and Virginia to succeed Democrats. This is a protest vote, not a confidence vote in Republicans.

Obama's credibility is shot. And so is that of Congress, assuming it ever had any. The US House of Representatives has just voted to show the entire world that the US House of Representatives is nothing but the servile, venal, puppet of the Israel Lobby. The House of Representatives of the American "superpower" did the bidding of its master, AIPAC, and voted 344 to 36 to condemn the Goldstone Report.

In case you don't know, the Goldstone Report is the Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict. The "Gaza Conflict" is the Israeli military attack on the Gaza ghetto, where 1.5 million dispossessed Palestinians, whose lands, villages, and homes were stolen by Israel, are housed. The attack was on civilians and civilian infrastructure. It was without any doubt a war crime under the Nuremberg standard that the US established in order to execute Nazis.

Goldstone is not only a very distinguished Jewish jurist who has given his life to bringing people to accountability for their crimes against humanity, but also a Zionist. However, the Israelis have demonized him as a "self-hating Jew" because he wrote the truth instead of Israeli propaganda.

US Representative Dennis Kucinich, who is now without a doubt a marked man on AIPAC's political extermination list, asked the House if the members had any realization of the shame that the vote condemning Goldstone would bring on the House and the US government. The entire rest of the world accepts the Goldstone report.

The House answered with its lopsided vote that the rest of the world doesn't count as it doesn't give campaign contributions to members of Congress.

This shameful, servile act of "the world's greatest democracy" occurred the very week that a court in Italy convicted 23 US CIA officers for kidnapping a person in Italy. The CIA agents are now considered "fugitives from justice" in Italy, and indeed they are.

The kidnapped person was renditioned to the American puppet state of Egypt, where the victim was held for years and repeatedly tortured. The case against him was so absurd that even an Egyptian judge ordered his release.

One of the convicted CIA operatives, Sabrina deSousa, an attractive young woman, says that the US broke the law by kidnapping a person and sending him to another country to be tortured in order to manufacture another "terrorist" in order to keep the terrorist hoax going at home. Without the terrorist hoax, America's wars for special interest reasons would become transparent even to Fox "News" junkies.

...Amb. Murray learned too much and was fired when he vomited it all up. He saw the documents that proved that the motivation for US and UK military aggression in Afghanistan had to do with the natural gas deposits in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. The Americans wanted a pipeline that bypassed Russia and Iran and went through Afghanistan. To insure this, an invasion was necessary. The idiot American public could be told that the invasion was necessary because of 9/11 and to save them from "terrorism," and the utter fools would believe the lie.

...Guess who the consultant was who arranged with then Texas governor George W. Bush the agreements that would give to Enron the rights to Uzbekistan's and Turkmenistan's natural gas deposits and to Unocal to develop the trans-Afghanistan pipeline. It was Karzai, the US-imposed "president" of Afghanistan, who has no support in the country except for American bayonets.

http://rense.com/general88/evil.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 12:57:58 pm »

...Amb. Murray learned too much and was fired when he vomited it all up. He saw the documents that proved that the motivation for US and UK military aggression in Afghanistan had to do with the natural gas deposits in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. The Americans wanted a pipeline that bypassed Russia and Iran and went through Afghanistan. To insure this, an invasion was necessary. The idiot American public could be told that the invasion was necessary because of 9/11 and to save them from "terrorism," and the utter fools would believe the lie.

...Guess who the consultant was who arranged with then Texas governor George W. Bush the agreements that would give to Enron the rights to Uzbekistan's and Turkmenistan's natural gas deposits and to Unocal to develop the trans-Afghanistan pipeline. It was Karzai, the US-imposed "president" of Afghanistan, who has no support in the country except for American bayonets.

http://rense.com/general88/evil.htm
Thanks Buz, good article.  Although I never thought I'd agree with any minion of the Reagan Administration, (apparently in hindsight even Roberts himself regrets having been one Undecided), his work now seems redeeming.   Clear and incisive writing throughout, starting from its opening salvo: "The US government is now so totally under the thumbs of organized interest groups that 'our' government can no longer respond to the concerns of the American people...."

So much always to investigate, and not made any easier with all the untrustworthy sources.  It's just SO HARD to tell the "good guys" from the "bad guys" these days!   Huh

I'm not sure how much credibility the article below lends to either Craig Murray (or the Post's own editing when a photo caption gets his surname wrong), but found it interesting (albeit tacky Sad) nonetheless:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/31/AR2008013103501.html

Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 10:45:44 pm »

Dear Mr. President:

According to press reports, you intend to decide between November 7 and November 11 whether or not to send tens of thousands of American soldiers to Afghanistan. We are writing in advance of that decision to add our voice to those of Sen. Feingold, many House Democrats, and of a clear majority of Americans in urging you not to escalate this war, but rather to announce an immediate cease-fire followed by a withdrawal of all US troops in the fastest way consistent with the safety of our forces. We urge you to end the policy of using Predator drones to assassinate Pakistani civilians on the territory of their own country, in defiance of all concepts of international law. We also call upon you to cease all covert CIA and Pentagon operations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran.

No vital American interest is at stake in Afghanistan. Former Marine and State Department official Matthew Hoh is right: the US and NATO forces in Afghanistan have come to be viewed as invaders and occupiers, and the resistance they encounter has nothing to do with international terrorism. This war is futile, and now doomed to failure. There is no military solution to the problems that beset Afghanistan. Afghanistan and the rest of this tragically war-torn region need a Marshall Plan of peaceful economic development, through which some of the 15 million unemployed workers in our own country could find productive jobs. We have no confidence in the advice being given to you by military leaders like Gen. McChrystal, who has been implicated in torture in Iraq.

We supported your candidacy because we viewed you as the best chance for ending the wars of the Bush era. We applauded your rejection of the rhetoric of fear and division that was the stock in trade of Bush and Cheney. We are alarmed by the way that rhetoric has crept into your public pronouncements since your August address in Phoenix. Your decision on Afghanistan will represent the decisive turning point of your presidency. If you turn away from war, you will provide a profile in courage that will solidify your support and open up a new perspective for progressive reforms in our country. You will honor the spirit of John F. Kennedy, who was searching for an exit strategy from the Vietnam war. If you opt for a wider war, the resulting heavy casualties will destroy confidence in your leadership among your own most devoted advocates. Hundreds of billions of dollars will be poured down a rat hole, and will no longer be available for any reform and renovation of American society, which will increasingly fall behind the economic strength of other countries. Your domestic agenda will be halted, in the same way your predecessor Lyndon B. Johnson was crippled by the Vietnam war. Escalation of the Afghan war, in short, would be an act of political suicide for you, and of national suicide for our country.

We are keenly aware of the difficulties and animosities you face, and we have long done everything possible to give your administration the benefit of the doubt, even in the face of repeated disappointments. But we now approach the moment of truth: will you be a great progressive president, or will you prove too weak to turn away from the bankrupt policies institutionalized and entrenched under Bush and Cheney. Therefore, we want you to know our attitude before you decide on the proposed Afghan escalation. If you choose to escalate, we will oppose this policy with all the energy we possess. We will act to mobilize the largest possible anti-war demonstration in Washington DC and other cities before the end of 2009, and continuously thereafter. We will support anti-war candidates of any party in the 2010 elections. If you are still waging the Afghan war in 2011, we will be forced to seriously consider backing an explicitly anti-war primary candidate to challenge you during the Democratic primaries.

We therefore respectfully urge you to act in the spirit of your 2008 campaign ­ the spirit of hope and change, neither of which can survive the continuation or expansion of the hopeless Afghan war.

Signed,

Bruce Marshall 
Report Spam   Logged

Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 09:02:00 am »

Great post Buzz. I agree with you on all of it. thanks. it is time to bring the boys home
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum