Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 03:35:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

President Obama

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 1810 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2010, 08:50:53 am »

>Obama relies on five people, four of whom are Chicagoans. They are Rahm Emanuel, his chief of staff, David Axelrod and Jarrett, his political advisers, and Michelle, while the fifth kitchen cabinet member is Robert Gibbs, his chief spokesman, who comes from Alabama.

Chicago mafia? So Michelle is part of the Chicago mafia...LOL!

I've said there are plenty of things that I'm not happy about....but I just don't believe the guy is evil. Now...Cheney, Rove and their ilk are evil!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2010, 09:53:33 am »

Yeah Buz, and on and on and on.................you find what you look for!   
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »

Amen!

Oops...that's your line.

When it comes to government and political leaders, I don't have to 'look for' or seek.  I merely observe and think critically.

It's my observation that we are experiencing a slide down the slope of political and government corruption, been sliding down for a looooong time.  Bush was worse than Barky, perhaps.  (Is it better to be enslaved softly, rather than harshly?)  But as I stated above, as Commander-in-Chief with the power to issue Executive Orders (proclamations), under the US Constitution, Barky has the legal means to withdraw troops from anywhere on the globe, to immediately shut down Gitmo, to put a halt to torture and renditioning of prisoners, and a myriad of other un-American practices.

A US citizen can still be kidnapped off the street by government agents, jailed w/out being charged, and held incommunicado for a period of time determined by the prez.

The definition of a 'terrorist' under the Patriot Act is 'Anyone, foreign or domestic, who impedes in any way the normal operation of government.'  All those protestors who used to chain themselves, annually, to the gates of Ft. Benning, where the School of Americas used to train foreign troops how to torture their citizens, can now be labeled 'terrorists.'

Where's the 'Change?'
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2010, 05:05:24 pm »

Obama tops Bush at ducking reporters

No formal press conference in 215 days

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/22/obama-tops-bushs-record-for-putting-reporters-on-h/?feat=home_headlines

I wonder how he is at ducking flying shoes?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 06:11:25 pm »

I believe his appearances across the country taking questions from the people are more important than answering the same questions over and over and over for reporters.   Bush ducked the people........ Grin
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2010, 04:02:09 pm »

This isn't going to go away...

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=138293
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 06:14:13 am »

A Kenyan lawmaker told the nation's parliament last month that Barack Obama was born in Africa and is therefore "not even a native American."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=139481
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 09:27:06 am »

What you find depends on what you are looking for!   Everything you find is negative........imagine that!
Report Spam   Logged

techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 12:56:02 pm »

In full realization that I'm wasting my time, spitting in the wind, coals to Newcastle and all that:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

Two of these even have snippets of newspaper announcements of the birth at the time. Of course, those were planted by the father, realizing that one day his glorious plan would be achieved and that his son would need cover to be President before taking over the World and converting us all to the Muslim faith.

Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 01:43:43 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 07:17:13 pm »

FBI destroyed file on Obama's grandfather

In response to a Freedom of Information Act request, the FBI has formally acknowledged a file existed on President Barack Obama's grandfather, Stanley Armour Dunham, that was destroyed May 1, 1997.

The FBI previously released some 600 pages of the FBI file of Frank Marshall Davis, the Chicago-based journalist and poet who as a member of the Communist Party USA retired in Hawaii and befriended Dunham.

Obama frequently sought advice from Davis during the future president's elementary and high school years.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=139805
Report Spam   Logged

Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »

I know nothing about President Obama's grandfather or his friends. I do know that my own grandfather and his friends sat on our porch and talked and talked and talked. If I wanted advice I talked to my grandfather. He was a Baptist, a lead miner, a good man. But if he had been a hitman for the mafia, he would still be my grandfather and I would still go to him for advice. I would hope my grandfather's influence helped to mold my character but I don't know that it did. Because of who or what your grandfather was, it doesn't mean you absorbed only the bad and not any of the good of the man.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:25:19 pm by Bingo » Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »

This isn't going to go away...

Unfortunately, correct.   
And you're in good company here, Buz.  But we'll see how this plays out for Republican Mayor Jerry, as well as the "Birther movement." 
(But please notice how easily a worldwide YouTube title can twist one man's simple expression of "thought" into a misleading statement of "fact."   No wonder truth is so elusive, and the world is so confused.  Undecided)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/obama/ct-met-champaign-mayor-0418-20100416,0,2577579.story
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2010, 05:24:17 pm »

Funny how a man can knock the FBI for one thing and praise them for another.......just saying.......   Seems like I remember posts way back when the FBI wasn't poplular with you Buzz.....had a change of heart!  Oh wait, it's about Obama ............... Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »

What in the heck are you rambling about?  I didn't give any praise to the FBI...oh, wait...you tend to interpret what you imagine I'm saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum