Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 09:12:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

President Obama

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 1816 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 08:05:51 am »

Obama says US doomed to repeat economic crisis without tough new rules on financial industry

Saturday April 17, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. is destined to endure a new economic crisis that sticks taxpayers with the bill unless Congress tightens oversight of the financial industry, President Barack Obama said Saturday.

The overhaul is the next major piece of legislation that Obama wants to sign into law this year, but solid GOP opposition in the Senate is jeopardizing that goal.

Story continued: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-Fresh-crisis-without-apf-2332880188.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=1&asset=&ccode=

And....below is exactly the sort of thing the GOP wants to allow to continue! They continue to protect Wall Street as usual. If this doesn't outrage you then nothing will.

Dylan Ratigan MSNBC SEC files civil lawsuit against Goldman Sachs - Part 1

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 08:27:47 am »

Why Buzz, whatever are YOU rambling about.  You seemed so happy to have found that the FBI had files on Obama's father..........just sayin......................... Roll Eyes  You know, you always spout that crap about wanting people to draw their own conclusions and then when they do you take them to  task for drawing them because they don't agree with yours.........I am joining the group that ain't buying it anymore...............so ramble on bro, I think you're rambling alone!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 09:32:12 am »

You seemed so happy to have found that the FBI had files on Obama's father..........

I seemed so happy?  And how did you come to this conclusion?

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 09:45:01 am »

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 11:47:45 am »

Good one, thanks DV.  Down the rabbit hole on this one, indeed.  No visible escape from the chaos and rancor...  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 12:41:43 pm »

Thanks DJ........................... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

FBI destroyed file on Obama's grandfather...

In response to a Freedom of Information Act request, the FBI has formally acknowledged a file existed on President Barack Obama's grandfather, Stanley Armour Dunham, that was destroyed May 1, 1997.

The FBI previously released some 600 pages of the FBI file of Frank Marshall Davis, the Chicago-based journalist and poet who as a member of the Communist Party USA retired in Hawaii and befriended Dunham.

Obama frequently sought advice from Davis during the future president's elementary and high school years.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=139805

So what?
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:08 am »

Perhaps this link will explain the answer to that...

http://www.americancrisis.us/Article.php?ID=70190&
Report Spam   Logged

techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:58 am »

Perhaps this link will explain the answer to that...

http://www.americancrisis.us/Article.php?ID=70190&

C'mon, buzz. You can do better than that. A page of laughable accusations and theories with ZERO cites, links, or authority? The first two points are demonstrably false,. and the third, I go back to my "So What?". And so on.
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »

From Barky's speech on Labor Day:

...“We used to have the best infrastructure in the world, and we can have it again” while announcing a $50bn infrastructure plan.

“Over the next six years, we are going to rebuild 150,000 miles of our roads,” “We're going to lay and maintain 4,000 miles of our railways,” and “We're going to restore 150 miles of runways”

Wow!  Those are really big-sounding numbers...all for only $50 billion?

...from the CIA website...

The USA has 6,465,799 km of roadways; Mr. Obama wants to rebuild roughly 241,400 km of them; that means 3.7% of the total.

...the country has 226,427 km of railways; now he proposed to “lay and maintain” 6437 km of them, that means 2.8%.

...a modern runway is roughly 1.5 mile long, then 150 miles of runways amount to 100 runways. Assuming only one runway per airport would be restored then only 1.9% of airports would be upgraded.

http://www.roytov.com/articles/plan.htm

Oh...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum