Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 02:46:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Racist Southern GOPers Don't Want No Uppity ------ Talking to Their Kids

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Racist Southern GOPers Don't Want No Uppity ------ Talking to Their Kids  (Read 414 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 10:36:55 pm »

And do you also agree that our troops (and more) should be 'over there?' 

Why, or why not?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 10:42:04 pm »

No sir I do not believe our troops should be there.... I was just trying to right a wrong statement!   I just think there is enough false information out there and we don't need to be adding to it.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:57 am »

If Obama didn't want to be there, he could pull our troops out today.  Fact is, he WANTS to be there, so that NOW makes it HIS war.  No denying it, he owns it now.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:01 am »

I think our president respects the opinions of those in charge on the ground in Afganastan and takes their advice.  It may not be good advice but they are the experts in thier particular field..............and any way you look at it that war was inherited as was the sad shape of this country..... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Cap'n Preshoot

Old Phart

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »

Wow!  If I were a Texan, I'd want to secede too.  Keep out the riff-raff and protect your own borders.
Well "77494" like "90210" is something of an aberration and far from the Texas norm. The only way we made it out into this "burb" was we fell into a hellouva deal on a brand new home that fell through at closing and the builder was highly motivated to sell it. Dumb luck, we were at the right place at the right time with cash in hand. We literally closed on it the last day of their fiscal year. It's Katy, TX but a large zip code-sized area called "Cinco Ranch" within Katy proper comprised of an awful lot of really high-end, all brick homes and three golf courses Our home, tho new, is a shack by comparison to many of these, a 2-bedroom 1600 s.f. townhouse and closer to the median priced home. As demographic numbers suggest, its Cracker City for sure, it's almost lilly-white and those that aren't are still well-educated. There's no poorch monkeys sitting around here drawing a welfare check. No subsizided school lunches, no Gummint housing and no section 8 either. Doggone few apartments and most of those start at $1100 a month for 1 bedroom & have covered parking.  We saw some luxury apts last weekend that go for $4000 a mo.  Not exactly Fair Oaks..... 
Report Spam   Logged

The Pay-TV industry does not hold the patent on alienating customers, but COMCAST in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.
stlcards

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 07:05:02 am »

I am glad for you that the monkeys have not escaped the zoo.... Huh
Goes to prove a point of southern racism that was mentioned here.

I hope that you don't feel as though you are "protected" because of the inflated housing prices. Texas will be releasing inmates from prison, not all white, with lots of money for wrongful imprisonment. I hope one doesn't move in next door because depending on time served, their monthly income would put yours to shame.

As for WJC, can you say balanced budget? BJ's or not, he had the country actually making more than it was spending, imagine that.
Report Spam   Logged

"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009
Cap'n Preshoot

Old Phart

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:29:27 pm »

...I hope that you don't feel as though you are "protected" because of the inflated housing prices. Texas will be releasing inmates from prison, not all white, with lots of money for wrongful imprisonment. I hope one doesn't move in next door because depending on time served, their monthly income would put yours to shame...
We "started out" in a good neighborhood when we first moved to Houston in 1988 but through the ensuing years and intermittent hard times in the oil patch occasionally some homes fell into disrepair and then were lost to foreclosure. Then hurricane Katrina hit "Nawlins" and our mayor more or less presented the "Key to the City" to all the displaced colored folk, estimated to be close to 200,000 in number, most of whom came from the New Orleans projects. We literally got the dregs of society. FEMA (your and my tax dollars at work) put several very large families into conventional homes in "traditional" neighborhoods and the rest, as they say, is history. Our old neighborhood today is practically a ghetto. Thank goodness we had the opportunity to sell our place and get out when we did.

Yes, Texas is beginning to release an occasional prisoner here and there, but contrary to what you might think, there aren't many and they're not getting huge awards. There is a state formula for calculating the settlement and they can't sue unless they decline the offer, which so far none have done because attorney fees would eat into the settlement heavily. (Bird in hand worth two in bush). What the couple fellows who got out recently received works out to about $80 grand a year, but the way the settlement is structured, mostly for lost wages, the money is subject to Federal income taxes & Social Security witholding,  plus it's a lump sum settlement so the tax bite is pretty big.  Our "Gummint" at work once more, as you see, the sword cuts both ways.

And yes again, there is a huge disparity in racial demographics in Texas prisons, ostensibly due to the crime statistics showing that a disproportionate number of crimes are being committed by the very people who are being locked up. In order to achieve racial balance in jail there first has to be racial balance in the commission of crime. The jails are what they are because crime is what it is. It's not because "Whitey gets a pass."  You only reap what you sow.
Report Spam   Logged

The Pay-TV industry does not hold the patent on alienating customers, but COMCAST in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum