Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 02:13:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Got a new power chair the other day

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a new power chair the other day  (Read 682 times)
Pretender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »

The potholes on the streets has taken a toll on my power wheelchair. I purchased a new one which Buzz has graciously offered to pay for? It's got high speed motors on it as well as a new type of suspension package. Got it up to 8.2 mph yesterday. Got pulled over by the cops for speeding............NOT. Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that technology isn't leaving us lazy people behind. I found a place in the USA that makes power chairs that can go up to 12 plus mph, but decided that I wasn't interested in breaking the sound barrier yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:14:46 pm »

Helmets are cheap nowadays...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:14:44 pm »

This is what you need with all the pot holes.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 05:44:59 pm »

Helmets are cheap nowadays...

What kind of thrill would I get with one of those? Thrill versus head breaking the pavement............the thrill seems worth it!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 05:46:32 pm »

What kind of chair is that? A Humvee maybe? Looks pretty cool.....
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:17:50 pm »

What kind of chair is that? A Humvee maybe? Looks pretty cool.....

Hmmmm I don't know...I guess it's an all-terrain chair. I'm thinking if you could fit it with a blade you could use it instead of a truck to move snow in the winter.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 11:33:54 pm »

And you'd feel more confident when crossing, or rather 'jay-wheeling,'  North Vermilion...
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »

And you'd feel more confident when crossing, or rather 'jay-wheeling,'  North Vermilion...

I've almost got whacked many times due to bad sidewalks, streets, lack of street crossings. I've only really gotten whacked once so far and the stop lights were green for me and I was in a marked pedestrian crosswalk. Go figure.

The chair you saw me in today (Sunday) was my old chair. I just took time to wipe it off a bit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:39:40 pm by Pretender » Report Spam   Logged

Bob
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 07:47:27 pm »

Squeezing every block you can out of it?  I don't blame you...I'll try to stop by tomorrow for a look-see at your new one.  You're probably wanting to keep it in 'mint' condition.
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »

Squeezing every block you can out of it?  I don't blame you...I'll try to stop by tomorrow for a look-see at your new one.  You're probably wanting to keep it in 'mint' condition.

My old one has developed some problems over the summer, but it's still cranking. The pot holes took a toll on it I'm sure and it's pretty old in power chair years. Decided to take some pressure off of it, but still gonna keep it going for as long as possible. I'm not very concerned in keeping the new one in "mint" condition. I believe in using the china........not sticking it behind glass doors to look at. Gotta few tweaks to make yet on it before using it as my primary. Wrong seat back was put on it and new (right) one is in the mail. Plus there's currently a software patch that's needed before it's safe and to avoid running through a wall or over a pedestrian. All in due time.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
shellyd

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Search
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 05:12:04 am »

Choosing a power wheelchair is a big decision. We understand how tough these kinds of choices can be, and our goal is to give you all of the facts so you can stay informed and get all of your preferences met. Knowing the basics of what each kind of electric wheelchair offers is the first step in this journey, and understanding which applications and features go along with each model comes next.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum