Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 07:25:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Trying To Find Lost Boxer

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying To Find Lost Boxer  (Read 335 times)
nancyo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:51:22 pm »

Hope I've got this in the right spot.  Needing lots of local eyeballs to help my neighbor get his dog home.  Dozer is a male Boxer, not neutered, got out of his yard near Danville High School a few days ago.  They have checked both city and county shelters but no luck.  If anyone sees him you can call me at 442-5848. Thanks all. And even if you should see him hit, please let me know so they can check and if it is him, they can at least bring him home for burial.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 08:34:43 pm »

Hope I've got this in the right spot.  Needing lots of local eyeballs to help my neighbor get his dog home.  Dozer is a male Boxer, not neutered, got out of his yard near Danville High School a few days ago.  They have checked both city and county shelters but no luck.  If anyone sees him you can call me at 442-5848. Thanks all. And even if you should see him hit, please let me know so they can check and if it is him, they can at least bring him home for burial.

I don't live in Danville but I sure hope you get some good news about him soon.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:03:50 pm »

A lost pet is serious.  I hope he's found soon too. 
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 05:18:53 pm »

How big is he and what color?
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
nancyo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:58:21 pm »

He is probably about 60 pounds. Has the standard brown coat with white blaze between eyes.  Also has that lower under bite that makes his lower canines protrude outside of upper lip.  He looks mean but is actually rather shy.  He is used to me giving him treats through the fence so if the family shouldn't be home if he is seen, I am pretty sure I can get him into my car.
I really appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for him.  Maybe someone has found him and don't realize he has a home and is caring for him.  He had on a collar - black I think, I'll check for sure - but may have gotten it off. They also said he had the chip implant so if he should get picked up by a shelter or vet, they could detect that.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:06:32 pm »

He is probably about 60 pounds. Has the standard brown coat with white blaze between eyes.  Also has that lower under bite that makes his lower canines protrude outside of upper lip.  He looks mean but is actually rather shy.  He is used to me giving him treats through the fence so if the family shouldn't be home if he is seen, I am pretty sure I can get him into my car.
I really appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for him.  Maybe someone has found him and don't realize he has a home and is caring for him.  He had on a collar - black I think, I'll check for sure - but may have gotten it off. They also said he had the chip implant so if he should get picked up by a shelter or vet, they could detect that.

If he's got one of the chip implants, can't they just turn on one of those GPS deals and track him? I never really knew how that was suppose to work.

He probably looks something like this?

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 08:43:35 pm »

If he's got one of the chip implants, can't they just turn on one of those GPS deals and track him? I never really knew how that was suppose to work.

Nah, life's not as easy as that!   Embarrassed Many different types of chips which gotta be read by a vet or shelter with a "reader" of that particular brand.  Ought to be standardized but the world's too busy changing lightbulbs instead (you know, to mercury CFL's).
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:49:34 pm »

Nah, life's not as easy as that!   Embarrassed Many different types of chips which gotta be read by a vet or shelter with a "reader" of that particular brand.  Ought to be standardized but the world's too busy changing lightbulbs instead (you know, to mercury CFL's).

Not as easy huh? According to the NWO conspiracy theorists chipping animals is just a step away from chipping humans to spy on them 24/7.  Interesting....no one ever said anything about a "reader". 
Report Spam   Logged

nancyo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 12:30:51 pm »

Yep, I'm afraid Winston is right.  It is some kind of electronic wand thingie they wave over the animal plus all chips aren't made by same manufacturer so I don't know if all wands read all chips - but it at least is a start. Just everyone keep your eyes open if a neighbor gets a new male boxer just like the picture above.  I miss the big lug too since he always came to the fence for his treat every time I let my dogs out in my  yard.  They barked and sniffed each other through the space between the boards.  Thanks all.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 07:28:48 pm »

I was talking with some friends of mine today. They told me that when they were watching the Labor Day Parade.....a black lady said that a homeless man had approached her and gave her a boxer. He called the boxer a name that seemed to rhyme with Dozer, but I can't verify that. I know that it would be difficult to pinpoint the lady down and difficult to locate the homeless man and get details. Of course, the homeless man may have known the black lady instead of just choosing her at random. Doubt that there would be that many boxers out there with homeless people that are giving the boxers away? Are there children associated with this boxer? I'm cautious about identifying my friends as it sounds as if what I've said is all that they knew about the incident.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
nancyo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 04:50:34 pm »

The boxer's family has 2 little girls - 7 & 9 and a boy about 11.  Dozer lived in the 900 block of Hazel.  If your friends have any idea what area this lady lives in, I could cruise around and see if I can see him in any yard.  I am pretty certain if he heard my voice, he would recognize me since he knows I'm the lady across the fence with the treats, lol. Would be wonderful if it were him.  I would handle it very diplomatically if it is and not involve anyone else.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 04:54:14 pm by nancyo » Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 06:46:14 pm »

I don't think they really knew the woman. She was just watching the parade. Is there a homeless man or two that you've seen close to where you live? I thought it odd that the name the woman said that the man called the boxer seemed to rhyme with Dozer. Find the homeless man and perhaps he could steer you towards the woman? I wish I could be more helpful, but I've given all of the information that I was told. Good Luck!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
nancyo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 10:12:06 pm »

Lots of teens wandering the area but few adults. Can't recall seeing a man who appeared homeless but will sure keep a watch for him.  It does seem odd the name was so similar - almost like he knew the dog!  Makes me wonder if Dozer actually got out on his own.  He got out of his pen once before several months ago but was just laying in the yard and came to me as soon as I called him.  After that his owner reinforced the area where he had pulled the fencing loose.  His kennel is on the alley which always made me nervous.  Of course my dogs are indoor kids and are never left outside very long.  Plus I erected a separate fence inside the outer one that borders on the alley just so they wouldn't be able to get that far back or out of sight.  Naw, they aren't pampered or spoiled Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum