Vermilion Voice
April 16, 2024, 03:48:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I need help in deciding what sort/breed of dog I might match with.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help in deciding what sort/breed of dog I might match with.  (Read 2355 times)
Winston

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 07:03:43 pm »

Just completed the fencing. Went up to Pets Plus today because I was thinking that it might be a good idea to put in one of those invisible fences with a shock collar deal. The overall store manager overheard me talking with another employee and heard me mention Lab. Just so happens that one of her dogs had pups July 3 and she had the pups with her. The father is a Lab and the mother is a Husky-shepherd mix. Saw the pups and chose "Jackie" and may take "Solphie" later on. The lady has had the pups all dewormed and is going to get them their shots and have "J & S" spayed. I'm gonna pay for the shots and spaying and she's going to give me "Jackie" as soon as she is finished with the Vet. I may take "Solphie" later.  I wanted Black and they're brown. I can live with that. So off we go.............

Good going Pretender!   Congratulations to ALL of you.   It sounds like a good "match" you have planned well for and will be a good new doggie "dad"!  Grin

Something I'm very sorry to hear though is that a petstore manager does not have all her own dogs "fixed."   Apparently she's either not aware or doesn't really care that:

According to www.americanhumane.org , "IT IS WIDELY ACCEPTED THAT 9.6 MILLION ANIMALS ARE EUTHANIZED ANNUALLY IN THE U.S.  56% of dogs and 71% of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized."

Sorry to be bitterly blunt here, but as long as unwanted pets are being cruelly disposed at such an inexcusably tragic rate, I believe those who allow their dogs to breed, including even "caring" breeders (except perhaps those trying to save endangered species) are irresponsibly propagating THE PROBLEM -- they're misguided at best (creating elitest toys?), and disgusting at worst (puppy mills, that simply create more suffering than joy on this earth).

Whoa, didn't mean to be such a bummer though on your happy day of puppy-dadhood.   Undecided   Again, congrats, best of luck, and so glad you're already being such a careful responsible provider.    May you and your new "kid/s" have MUCH joy!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:10:57 pm by Winston » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum