Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 07:40:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I need help in deciding what sort/breed of dog I might match with.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help in deciding what sort/breed of dog I might match with.  (Read 2336 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2009, 11:53:45 am »

I've already set up a hot tub and a sauna for her. Enough is enough! Of course, I'm waiting on the wide screen HDTV I ordered for her............

and I bet you have "It's a dog's life" on DVD.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2009, 05:46:16 pm »

How'd you know that Tuck?!?

I need some help. Looking for an 8' X 10' piece of old indoor/outdoor carpet or old rug to complete Jackie's space. Jackie is going in tomorrow morning for her shots, spaying, and chip implant. They'll keep her until Tuesday. Can anyone help me out with an 8X10 that they don't want or need?
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

Since this thread is mostly about pets I thought I would post this here............made me cry....

Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »

wonderful
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2009, 12:33:53 pm »

Since this thread is mostly about pets I thought I would post this here............made me cry....   [video of Baxter the dying Therapy dog still "at work" helping others die peacefully]

I think Baxter deserves a Nobel Peace Prize!  1.4 million Wishbones to share with his friends.     Grin

Thanks GA.  Actually, this video makes me cry for many reasons -- undoubtedly it's a wonderful "service" he (or any therapy/work animal) provides all his life, but isn't it time for Baxter to retire after a noble career, if not be "put to rest" himself?  Any of us with pets know how hard it is to "let go" of the poor dear old things, and even harder to KNOW when the right time is to "help them go."  Very complex issue.   Sad

I love seeing the comfort and affection animals can provide, yet hate seeing people USE (certainly over-use/abuse) them in any way (even if they're not aware that they are) for any selfish needs -- if the owner is seeking gain or self-glory from promoting him in books and videos, then she herself NEEDS TO GO!  I just hope that's not the case and that Baxter, if he's still alive, is not in pain or misery, and does actually benefit himself from all the movement and exposure.  He's paralyzed and his eyes look pretty far gone to me.    He's like a big teddy bear, only warmer, and I really wonder, in this case, if stuffed animals might be better used than an aged dying dog.   But ... who knows?   Undecided

Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:50 pm »

Suppose to get Jackie Thursday. Hope I'm ready!

On a sad note:

The neighbors on the West side of my home lost one of their dogs to old age this afternoon.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 07:31:52 pm »

Yep, gonna be gloom at your neighbors' house for a while.  Such is the power of their affection and attachment, sometimes the death of a long beloved pet can hit harder than even human family members passing.   Embarrassed

Well, now just remember to try to behave Pretender, so Jackie doesn't have to get out the shock collar she's bringing for YOU.   (And no, she probably doesn't want to dress up for Halloween.)   Cheesy

Good luck to you both.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 06:41:44 pm »

My neighbors haven't had much luck over the last few years. They had two dogs pass away and the lady has had two miscarriages. The good news is that their pregnant again. Hope this pregnancy goes well. They definitely deserve a break!

No shock collar for Jackie. Gonna try to do it the old fashioned way.........
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
nancyo

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 06:03:00 pm »

I haven't been here for a while so am sending my belated good wishes to you and Jackie.  I know she will add so much to your life - some wanted and some unwanted until you get her trained - but it is all worth it.  I can't imagine a home without pets.  Of course, sometimes when I am trying to go somewhere looking halfway decent without pet hair and snags I wouldn't mind trying it for a day or so Wink  Keep us updated on her progress.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 07:41:56 pm »

So far, so good. She's been checking out the environment and marking her territory.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »

You got her! Oh I bet you're having fun!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:55:25 pm by DejaVu » Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Madisons

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:52 pm »

I've been wondering why her name is Jackie.  Is there a story behind it?
Report Spam   Logged

Live One Day At A Time And Make It A Masterpiece
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 05:34:41 pm »

I've been wondering why her name is Jackie.  Is there a story behind it?

Jackie is the name given to her by the previous owner. I just stuck with it so I wouldn't confuse the pup. I'm not sure how confused a pup can get at just 3 months old, but........ I may change the name as she doesn't really seem to respond when I call her Jackie.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Madisons

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:12 pm »

She's just a baby and probably wouldn't  respond to any particular name at her age.  She will, when it is said around her enough.  She'll get used to you and your tone of voice when you talk to her, and she'll  learn to recognize often used words and phrases.  This is the time when you and she will form that wonderful bond that will last a lifetime.  I can just imagine her romping around your house getting into things and playing with her toys all the while trying to figure out just who in the heck you are!
Report Spam   Logged

Live One Day At A Time And Make It A Masterpiece
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:30 pm »

She's doing very well so far. I took her for a walk today on her leash. She was pretty resistant at first, but got into it after a couple blocks. I had to keep the leash very short as she wants to be in front me. Don't want her to find our how much my wheelchair weighs! When we got back and I let her loose in the back yard...my neighbors came out into their back yard. They've got a little girl (I think she's 5 yet) and dad picked her up and put her over the fence into my back yard so she could play with the pup. The pup is almost as big as she is. They had a really good time and we did too watching them. She barks like an adult dog rather than a puppy, but she isn't getting too carried away with it so far. She made friends with one of the neighbor dogs, but I gotta work with her on another neighbor's dog. Time'll tell.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum