Vermilion Voice
December 03, 2022, 04:42:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Virus Infected Sites

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus Infected Sites  (Read 238 times)
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:09:43 am »

Some time back I visited Myspace just to brouse and not post. My computer froze up and I could not get it up and running until the following day. I considered myself lucky and never returned there again. I know of someone else who expierenced problems too while visiting that site.
I had similar problems yesterday when I went to the Commercial News site. As much as I enjoy going there to read the obits and what little local news they post I will not return in fear they too have a problem with viruses. I had warnings come across telling me there are virus threats linked to that site.
I am just curious if anyone else had similar problems with the CN site. I don't seem to have problems navigating to other places.
Input welcomed. Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:26 am »

Was the virus warning coming from your antivirus program?

I'm not sure what happened to your computer...but MySpace can be a very graphics intensive site. You many visit a page and it has lots of pictures and images then your computer may run out of memory (RAM) and not be able to handle it and it will freeze. Not sure which version of Windows you are running but pressing >Control>Alt>Delete should bring up the Task Manager and your can end the Process and close your browser. You should reboot your computer after that.

Also the CN has that Wheels pop up window now that can also cause your computer to freeze up. If you have a pop up blocker enabled and it is working to keep the Wheels window from appearing. I had it happen to me.

There are some really good free programs to clean up your computer and keep it running smoothly that can be downloaded from this site. I use CCleaner to clean my computer every day. It cleans up temporary internet files, cookies, and other junk files. It also has a button to check your Registry Integrity which is great because having your registry messed up will really slow your computer down. It has you save the files on your computer before you delete them just in case you delete something you actually need. I've been using this program for years and I've never needed to go back and reinstall anything.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »

I have  CCleaner too and its works great also have Mcafee. sometimes it will say that my 1click copy dvd will have a virous when it doesnt..  Advanced System Care iss good too
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum