Vermilion Voice
April 18, 2024, 02:01:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

60 Minutes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 60 Minutes  (Read 105 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: September 13, 2009, 05:15:58 pm »

The President, in an interview with Steve Kroft that will be broadcast on 60 Minutes at 7 p.m. tonight, says of health reform: "I'm the one who's going to be held responsible. So I have every incentive to get this right."

In excerpts released by CBS, Obama also says:

I have no interest in having a bill get passed that fails. That doesn't work. I intend to be president for a while, and once this bill passes, I own it.

I know I will be watching. I really believe Obama "gets it". No one wants the US to shine again more than he does but because some of his own party members (that are in bed with the health industry and wall street) are stabbing him in the back...and ALL the Reblicans are as well....how does he lead?

Oh well.

Who knows....maybe I'll change my mind after I watch the segment.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »

In excerpts released by CBS, Obama also says:

I have no interest in having a bill get passed that fails. That doesn't work. I intend to be president for a while, and once this bill passes, I own it.

I am hoping he means that he will be the one responsible for the bill if it fails once it passes? I hope I made that clear. I sure hope he did not mean he would own the presidency!!  Guess you could read it that way...........would have to listen to him actually saying it, and hearing it in context.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »

Obama: We Will Have The Votes To Pass A Good Health Care Bill
September 13, 2009

In an interview broadcast on 60 Minutes tonight, President Obama told CBS journalist Steve Kroft at the White House on Friday that, "I believe that we will have enough votes to pass not just any health care bill, but a good health care bill."

"I'm confident that we've got that," Obama said.

But of course, it's still an open question whether even a single GOP Senator will support health care reform, something Obama seemed to acknowledge by telling Kroft, "So far we haven't gotten much cooperation from Republicans."

The President suggested that some Republicans may be opposing reform in an effort to recreate the health care reform debacle that hobbled the early years of Bill Clinton's presidency.

Young president comes in, proposes health care. It crashes and burns and then the Republicans use that to win back the House in the subsequent election. And I think there's some people who are dusting off that playbook.

"Right now you've got just a political environment where there are those in the Republican Party who think the best thing to do is just to kill reform, that that will be good politics," Obama said.

The President said he's trying to work with Republicans, giving as an example concessions he may be willing to make on tort reform. "That's not something that's historically been popular in my party," he said.

But in the end, Obama said, the buck stops with him. "I'm the one who's going to be held responsible," the President said. "So I have every incentive to get this right."

And what of GOP Rep. Joe "You Lie!" Wilson (R-SC)? The president said the Republican's heckle during Wednesday's speech to a joint session of Congress was "a surprise," but noted again that he accepts Wilson's apology.

"The truth of the matter is that there has been, I think, a coarsening of our political dialogue," the President said. "I will also say that in the era of 24-hour cable news cycles, that the loudest, shrillest voices get the most attention."

"Hopefully I will be a good model for the fact that you don't have to yell and holler to make your point," Obama said.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/obama-we-will-have-the-votes-to-pass-a-good-health-care-bill.php?ref=fpa

Yes, I believe he is saying he will be the one responsible for the bill once it gets passed. But I'm sure the FOX degenerates and Limpballs will spin his words into some sort of conspiracy regardless of context. Truth just isn't sexy or sensational for that crowd.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:08:45 pm »

Hey DJ, that crowd wouldn't know the truth if it hit em square in the face........................... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum