Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 01:54:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

No to nation building! Time to get out of Afghanistan Obama!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No to nation building! Time to get out of Afghanistan Obama!  (Read 451 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:44:37 am »

Report: U.S. general calls for more troops in Afghanistan
updated 1 hour, 30 minutes ago

Article here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/21/afghanistan.mcchrystal/index.html?section=cnn_latest

This is where the rubber meets the road for me concerning our president. OUT OUT OUT.....OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST NOW!

This is a fight I will whole-heartedly hold a sign up for.

Obama bring our troops home NOW!

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:14:28 am »

Obama Buys Time on Afghanistan Decision
September 20, 2009

<snip>
Gen. Stanley McChrystal is seeking 40,000 additional troops, above and beyond the 21,000 additional troops Obama has already committed to the war. McChrystal has likened himself to a mechanic, and says Obama, as the driver of the war, must decide “how much longer he intends to drive it.” Obama will likely approve the additional troops in the end, but even if he doesn’t, it seems his intention is to drive this war for as long as he can.

Article here: http://news.antiwar.com/2009/09/20/obama-stalls-on-afghanistan-decision/

Oh, I really hope that Obama isn't wanting to drive the war just because he's holding back. Maybe he needs to get a Health Reform bill passed so this country can move on. I mean....he was criticized in the media for trying to do too many things at once. Maybe it's time for our worthless corrupt Congress to just get Healthcare Reform passed...with the understanding that if they (either side) sells out the working/middle class to their campaign contributers they will definitely be voted out and possibly go to jail.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:14:59 pm »

It's WAR !  You either listen to your battlefield generals and supply their needs
 or get out.  No, if ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.
This is the war them Dems said all along is worth fighting for.  So, fight it or leave.  Don't let it become another Vietnam. 
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:37 pm »

It's WAR !  You either listen to your battlefield generals and supply their needs
 or get out.  No, if, ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.  If that's true, he is a lame, pathetic person who is incapable of multi-tasking and has zero respect for our military personnel.
This is the war them Dems said all along is worth fighting for.  So, fight it or leave.  Don't let it become another Vietnam. 
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

or get out. 

Well...I don't know what Obama thinks but I'm not so sure some of those Generals are interested in ending anything. Are they loyal to Obama or are they still trying to carry out Cheney/Rumsfeld orders?

No, if ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.

Oh yes....there are if's and's or buts. What about all the thousands of people here who die every day because they are not getting adequate health-care...either because they have no insurance or are under insured. What about that?

Troops in Afghanistan were to go after Osama bin Laden...not to stay there for years nation building. The American people, including the Dems...never signed on for any that.

If Obama continues what Bush started he probably will end up being a one-term president.
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »

or get out.  No, if, ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.  If that's true, he is a lame, pathetic person who is incapable of multi-tasking and has zero respect for our military personnel.

Why are you quoting yourself.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:11:56 pm »

Why are you quoting yourself.  Grin
Maybe I hit the wrong button, or maybe I just like reading my quotes a second time.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:33 pm »

or get out. 

Well...I don't know what Obama thinks but I'm not so sure some of those Generals are interested in ending anything. Are they loyal to Obama or are they still trying to carry out Cheney/Rumsfeld orders?

No, if ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.

Oh yes....there are if's and's or buts. What about all the thousands of people here who die every day because they are not getting adequate health-care...either because they have no insurance or are under insured. What about that?

Troops in Afghanistan were to go after Osama bin Laden...not to stay there for years nation building. The American people, including the Dems...never signed on for any that.

If Obama continues what Bush started he probably will end up being a one-term president.
If Obama doesn't trust his generals, he CAN fire them.  If he doesn't think that they are loyal, he CAN fire them.  If he thinks that they are not performing, he CAN fire them.
If the President is incapable of multi tasking, the American public can FIRE him in the next election.  And, they should.  Are you trying to tell me that he can't handle both issues at the same time ?
The notion of nation building seems to be a recent one.  We're suppose to be there to get the bad guys and then GO HOME.  No nation building required or needed or wanted.  The US is not capable of nation building in Afghanistan.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 02:11:31 pm »

I said I don't know if he can trust his Generals....and yes...of course he can fire them. Oh I don't think Obama has any problem multi-tasking. He is the hardest working president I've ever seen! I don't know when he gets time to sleep. And no, I'm not telling you he can't handle both issues at the same time. He obviously IS handling them both or we wouldn't be hearing about it.

The notion of nation building seems to be a recent one

I don't think that's true Terry.

The Washington Post
Article date: September 14, 2003

$87 Billion Sought Bush to Rebuild Iraq, Afghanistan

Article from: The Washington Post
Article date: September 14, 2003

President Bush, addressing the nation about the unexpectedly violent Iraq occupation, called for doubling the amount that already has been spent on the conflict and urged other countries to send more help.

In a televised speech to the nation Sunday, Bush said he will ask Congress for $87 billion in military and reconstruction spending for next year, significantly more than the range administration officials had given lawmakers. That brings to about $150 billion the amount the United States is spending on the Iraq war and its aftermath -- 50 percent more than officials had expected just a few months ago.

The speech, while outlining what Bush called significant progress in the nearly six ...

Source: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-294424.html

And don't forget...Americans were told Iraqi oil would pay for the war there.
Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »

Then there must be a political reason to tell his generals not to address this issue with him for the next 4-6 weeks.  Not very smart when you consider that we're talking about American soldiers lives.
Again, I will repeat what I have said in previous posts.  The US is not capable of nation building in Afghanistan.  Iraq may be another story, but that's a different topic.
BTW, it was Pres. Obama who appointed the current top general.  Do you think he would appoint someone he didn't trust ?
Actually, I think the president knows that the DEMS in Congress do not want to send more troops over there and he is hesitant to buck up to them before the health care issue is resolved.  I cannot remember are more despicable group of people than those currently serving in the U S Congress.  They are a bunch of money grubbing liars who care nothing about the American people.  We need term limits and regulations dealing with their contact with lobbyists.
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 04:01:26 pm »

I cannot remember are more despicable group of people than those currently serving in the U S Congress.  They are a bunch of money grubbing liars who care nothing about the American people.  We need term limits and regulations dealing with their contact with lobbyists.

I can certainly agree with you there! But don't expect the controlled media to make it a priority to inform the masses on crooked politicians and government officials on the take unless it is convenient for their corporate sponsors. I'm sick of the media whores and political "pundits" with their sensationalism and smoke and mirrors. We no longer have a free press that informs the public like they are suppose to do.
Report Spam   Logged

Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 07:51:19 pm »

Very well said DJ. you are right on every point...and Terry it is not a war, its an invasion..we invaded Iraq on lies and deception by our own govorment.. now Afghanistan.........so many kids dead or maimed.we as Americans shud be ashamed for letting it go on...and just sitting on our mouths...not even counting the civilions overthere  that never did nothing to us...and its real close to becoming another NAM...
  and its 1 2 3    wut are we fighting for..dont tell me  i dont give a dam...next stop is Afghanistan
 Keep the truth coming DJ
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 07:59:39 pm »

or get out.  No, if ands or buts.  If he's waiting to make a decision on healthcare before deciding, he needs to remember that our boys are getting kiiled everyday over there because they are not being adequately supported.

It's been another Vietnam ever since the start! Enough lives have been lost. One life shouldn't have been lost on any of this. Bring'em home now!

Vietnam Veteran and not proud of it! Only proud of going into the service to help my country....not proud of participating in something that shouldn't have been.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 08:32:50 pm »

It's been another Vietnam ever since the start! Enough lives have been lost. One life shouldn't have been lost on any of this. Bring'em home now!

Vietnam Veteran and not proud of it! Only proud of going into the service to help my country....not proud of participating in something that shouldn't have been.

I agree, enough lives have been lost...bring them ALL home NOW! It's not up to the US to fix or rebuild Afghanistan...part of the reason it's the way it is now is because of interference from the US and drawing up borders than never existed before and still do not exist for the people who live there. All talk of "winning" something is ridiculous. We have already lost too much. Time to end it and bring the troops home.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 10:18:54 pm »

AMEN!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum