Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 04:51:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Quilted Northern Soft & Strong unscented barthroom tissue!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Quilted Northern Soft & Strong unscented barthroom tissue!  (Read 581 times)
Pretender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:30:32 pm »

So I've been buying the 12 double rolls = 24 regular rolls packages for years now. I have been on a stocking up mode due to winter getting closer so have purchased several packages of the aforementioned product. You can never acquire too much of a product like this due to the service it provides. So I'm in County Market the other day and they have this big display of said product and I decide to buy a couple because it says "Support Susan G. Komen for the Cure" on the packaging. I don't know Susan myself or what cure I'm trying to support for her, but decide to help her out anyway. So yesterday, I needed a new roll of said product for purposes which I will not go into detail about and noticed a difference between previous rolls and the roll from the new package. It's smaller! The size went from 300 2-ply sheets 4.5in X 4in to 286 2-ply sheets 4in X 4in. Total package went from 450 sq ft to 381.3 sq ft. It still states on the package that each roll should have twice the amount of sheets that the regular roll of Northern. My question is why don't they inform the customer of what they've done and why they are charging the same price? I attempted to locate a regular roll of Northern to see if my new roll does have twice the amount of sheets yet, but there appears to be a shortage of regular Northern at the moment. Is this a government conspiracy or what? Doesn't Georgia-Pacific realize that the majority of potential customers are a bit on the heavy side these days! I would appreciate anyone's input about their output need and this flagrant disregard for the human function.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:59:24 pm »

Holy crap!  
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:29:24 pm »

Grin Grin Good ones, you guys -- you're clearly not anally retentive like I am.   Cheesy  Yep, Pretender, the whole lowering of toilet paper (and all other) "standards" in this country is a poopy deal. 

Wipe away the problem -- take a calculator every time you shop, to compare sq. footage of "paper products" -- and all else.   Few sizes of anything are standardized these days, most are shrinking, and all seem rigged to promote consumer confusion and eventual surrender.  (If Ralph Nader would've stuck to helping in this area instead of doodoo-ing up presidential elections, I think we'd all have been better off.)   Wink

If you wish to rate it:
http://www.rateitall.com/t-23365-bestworst-brands-of-toilet-paper.aspx
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:10:35 pm »

Be thankful you don't live in the olden days when you only had corn cobs to choose from.  Grin 

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:28:05 pm »

I remember the Sears catalog and newspapers. My problem with all of this is that the targeted area for the product has not been reduced in size and, perhaps, has even become larger.......think politicians. I rate this sort of product by the finger test method to see if the product satisfies the barrier effect that it is intended to provide. The less area of barrier.........the more the chance of the barrier being ineffective when the finger approaches the target area. This method may differ between men and women as I have found that women would prefer more volume as better while men would prefer less in volume as better. This appears to be a scientific anomaly. I have sent www.quiltednorthern.com an email concerning this matter as we need more rather than less to clean up this society.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:53 pm »

La la la la la la
Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 05:49:23 pm »

Got a response from Georgia-Pacific:

"Thank you for contacting the Georgia-Pacific Consumer Response Center. Georgia-Pacific places tremendous importance on the opinions we receive from our customers. We understand you may have some concerns about the roll width and/or sheet count of Quilted Northern Soft & Strong(r). As noted at the bottom of the package, Quilted Northern Soft & Strong(r) is about 1/2 inch narrower than before, and we have slightly reduced the sheet count.

Because of today's economy, cost is a factor. We made the decision to slightly reduce the roll to bring you the bathroom tissue you trust and not raise our price to retailers. Quilted Northern Soft & Strong continues to provide the cleanliness and comfort you have come to expect, making it a great value in today's economy. As always, Quilted Northern Soft & Strong(r) is thick, absorbent, and gentle on your skin. The bathroom tissue features strength and durability for cleanliness, with softness and thickness for comfort. With Quilted Northern Soft & Strong(r), you do not have to compromise comfort for clean.

In fact, we've heard from many of our most loyal customers about how important the quality of our bathroom tissue is to them. For more than 100 years, consumers have trusted Quilted Northern Soft and Strong(r) to deliver what they want most in a bathroom tissue: cleanliness and comfort. We would never make this change if our core consumers didn't approve of the product.

We're sorry you are disappointed with the changes we've made to the roll size of Quilted Northern Soft & Strong(r). Georgia-Pacific is committed to providing the best quality products.

Georgia Pacific Consumer Products LP is committed to continuous product improvement and providing a variety of products to serve you. If you have further questions or comments, please contact us at our toll free number: 1-800-2TELLGP (1-800-283-5547) or e-mail us at: gpcrc@gapac.com. You may also visit our website at www.gp.com. Thank you.

Consumer Response Center
gpcrc@gapac.com | 800-283-5547"
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 06:04:10 pm »

I wanted to give you my take on all of this:

I understand (no facts here) that many politicians have implanted GPS chips in the target area and have built target guided mini systems into the pressure areas required to control the application of the barrier to the target without penetrating the barrier. A long, long time ago some politicians got together over a "How can we Tax the Suckers more?" session and decided that all newborns would receive implanted GPS chips in their respective targets (I think this was during the baby boom). The politicians weren't focused on the pressure to barrier need, but rather, wanted to be sure that they knew where exactly to stuff all future tax increases. What the politicians didn't consider was at some point was that what was stuffed in had to be released once the pressure became too much to bear. And everyone lived on the brink of economic failure unhappily forever.

The End
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:06:45 pm »

Huh?!  You mean those rats didn't even TRY to bribe you with a coupon for a free roll?!  Now that is a dirty deal.   Angry

Well they did sort of say "Sorry, sucka!"  (And did you notice their FONDNESS for the words "cleanliness and comfort"?!   Are you brainwashed yet?)

Anyway, er, um... uh yes, Pretender.  No doubt your "take" is correct.  (So THAT's what "GPS" stands for? -- Georgia Pacific Sheet/s...)   Wink

Gee, I don't think I've ever known anyone to ponder or take such creative license with toilet paper.  Hmm.   Maybe this should've all been in the Philosophy section...   (Okay, enough potty humor from me... for tonight.)

Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »

Most products you buy will reflect this same change.  A package of bacon that used to contain 16 oz is now 12 oz for the same price.    Check the kleenex count and the paper towel size.   Most people won't notice a decrease in product amount where they would notice a price increase.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 10:47:33 pm »

Yes....it's all about profit. A multi-million dollar home means nothing to the head honchos of companies these days...they need several.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:55:26 pm »

Yep, now days they have to have a summer home, a winter place, a beach house and a yacht and they still aren't happy.....cause money don't buy happiness......................just stuff!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 07:50:44 am »

Maybe we just need smaller butts to fit the new size tp.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 06:02:00 pm »

Then they brag about contributing to "Support Susan G. Komen for the Cure". Are they trying to tell us that they are forcing those that use their product to contribute to this particular charity? Supporting any charity use to be considered a voluntary choice. Then again, 20+% interest on loans use to be considered loan sharking. We're making progress! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Herman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:54:21 am »

wonder why toilet paper doesn't come w/ instructions???
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum