Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 12:45:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SCUMBAG DAVE LETTERMAN; BANGIN' THE HELP

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SCUMBAG DAVE LETTERMAN; BANGIN' THE HELP  (Read 633 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:05:00 pm »

Well, I guess good old Dave has admitted to bangin' his staffers.  He probably never heard of sexual harassment, or maybe he thinks it just doesn't apply to him.
I can see it now.  All the while he was railing against Sarah Palin's 13 year old daughter, and accusing her of having sex with ARod, he was probably thinking about which cute, little, young staffer he was going to bang during the next commercial.
Hey Dave, why don't you put Mr. Winky back in your pants and go back to Indiana; that is, if they'll take you. 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 04:38:25 pm »

Well, I guess good old Dave has admitted to bangin' his staffers.  He probably never heard of sexual harassment, or maybe he thinks it just doesn't apply to him.
I can see it now.  All the while he was railing against Sarah Palin's 13 year old daughter, and accusing her of having sex with ARod, he was probably thinking about which cute, little, young staffer he was going to bang during the next commercial.
Hey Dave, why don't you put Mr. Winky back in your pants and go back to Indiana; that is, if they'll take you. 
You know Terry, I may be looking at this situation differently than what others are. It's not that the man raped anybody or molested a child. I believe the ONLY reason this all came out was because somebody tried to blackmail him. Hey I am no big fan of Letterman so don't assume I am coming to his defense. He commited adultry, as like milions of people all the time.
There seems to be more focus on celebrities because it sells more tabloids and are news to those who like reading about who's banging who.
He's a grown man and he is the one who has to face his wife for what he did. Now if he forced himself on someone then I see why it should be headlines but people have affairs all the time. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
granny1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 05:01:52 pm »

I think it is unfair to call D.L. a scumbag. Since he is a celebrity, it is talked about more. Although, to me, it is morally wrong, it sounds like it was consensual with the people involved. Otherwise I think the people involved would have said something. This sort of thing takes place everywhere. Government, churches, schools, health facilities.It seems temptation rears it's ugly head in situations where people work closely.  You are living a fantasy if you think it doesn't. I worked in the public sector many years, knew of these things happening, but it was always consensual. Does not make it right, just what happens. I really think the reason he made it so public was to protect his family from more black mail. He was not married at the time, the way I understand it. If his wife forgives him, that is their business. My late hubby used to say, if we only knew!!! LOL It seems they always get found out one way or the other.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 05:35:44 pm »

None of the women complained!   It must have been consentual.   It was a man who threatened to write about his escapades and that man up until a few months ago was living with one of the women Dave had a relationship with.....go figure.   Dave said it would be embarassing, not only for the women involved but also for his family.  Keep in mind that up until earlier this year, Mr. Letterman was single and it's not uncommon to have affairs with co workers, however, blackmail is illegal.......... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 08:30:19 pm »

Whenever your boss says " I'd like to bang you", it's illegal.  It's called sexual harassment in the work place.  It's intimation, like it or not.  You don't go around bangin' the help.  Read the law.  He's a scumbag and should be fired, just like Imus.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:32:30 pm by Terry » Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 08:40:44 pm »

Whenever Your boss Says " I'd like to bang you", it's illegal.  It's called sexual harassment in the work place.  It's intimation, like it or not.  You don't go around bangin' the help.  Read the law.
I see you point Terry. 'What if' she says hell yea I never thought you would ever ask?
I know due to intimidation through employment can lead to ones of a higher authority to apply pressure on those you are referring to.
Face it we are living in the 21st Century. The society we live in is sue crazy. If one of those women felt harassed by David Letterman they would be filthy rich. Phone video's or any other type of high technology would be enough proof nowadays.
No really Terry, I have been sitting here listening to a panel of Lawyers, Celebrity Advisers on the Larry King show. They have been discussing this very same issue. As far as I am concerned it's all about money and to me it's clear cut extortion. I realize not all the facts are out and it may sound rather premature to assume anything at this point. However what I have read and heard there is little doubt in my mind that it was all about money. Big money.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 08:45:41 pm »

I like Letterman , and he fessed up to it. Terry , i dont think he forced however many he screwed into anything..but i guess you think the gut that was black mailing him was o. k.? i didnt hear you even mention him. And yes i didnt like all the men and women  that was blasting Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton. I thot that the women wud rally behind them..
  But Dave will be at the Late Show as long as he wants to.. You peobly wasnt a fan to begin with..at lease he told the truth..
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:04:30 pm »

I don't give a rats behind about David Letterman. He's just an entertainer. However, I am totally disgusted with all the politicians, like South Carolina governor, Mark Sanford who got caught having an affair with some woman down in Argentina and now this Nevada Senator, John Ensign, who was banging his friend's wife. Or what about ole Larry Craig or David Vitter....and even Newt Gingrich. These are mostly men who are part of the Christian-right wing and are nothing but well paid government hypocrites and liars -- all the while preaching to everyone else about how they should live. Now these guys are some real scumbags.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:33 pm »

Wow! DJ, I have to agree with everything you said......................... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 09:50:22 pm »

Uh, so does "World Wide Pants" refer to what was dropped, or noises being made?   Shocked

Sheesh, what a major PRODUCTION some people make over others' private affairs.   Roll Eyes

However... let me join right in!   Cheesy ... 
... What I find more sleazy than Dave's private acts (HIS business), albeit not as slimy as blackmail, was his flagrant milking of the sordid mess for a few more laughs, applause, and drama -- if not some sort of perverse ego gratification.  Maybe he felt he was somehow appropriately ridiculing or shaming himself the most by that bizarre and prolonged public confession, but he appeared neither TOO contrite nor concerned about embarrassing his family, the other women, his fans OR audience.   Yes he confessed, but only because he was forced to.  I find every aspect of it just plain tacky.

But indeed, as DejaVu points out, certainly not as tacky as the many holier-than-thou hypocrites in church and government who purport to be virtuous role models.  Their narcissism is beyond measure. 

(Tacky too is the title of this thread...)   Undecided

Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:55:29 pm »

Wow! DJ, I have to agree with everything you said......................... Grin

Really...entertainers usually don't espoused any kind of special morality. It's just that the worthless news media has become so tabloid-sensational-news-tainment oriented now. It's ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:10:49 pm »

Uh, so does "World Wide Pants" refer to what was dropped, or noises being made?   Shocked

Sheesh, what a major PRODUCTION some people make over others' private affairs.   Roll Eyes

However... let me join right in!   Cheesy ... 
... What I find more sleazy than Dave's private acts (HIS business), albeit not as slimy as blackmail, was his flagrant milking of the sordid mess for a few more laughs, applause, and drama -- if not some sort of perverse ego gratification.  Maybe he felt he was somehow appropriately ridiculing or shaming himself the most by that bizarre and prolonged public confession, but he appeared neither TOO contrite nor concerned about embarrassing his family, the other women, his fans OR audience.   Yes he confessed, but only because he was forced to.  I find every aspect of it just plain tacky.

But indeed, as DejaVu points out, certainly not as tacky as the many holier-than-thou hypocrites in church and government who purport to be virtuous role models.  Their narcissism is beyond measure. 

(Tacky too is the title of this thread...)   Undecided

I know....I watched his whole confession spiel online. It's like the audience kept clapping and laughing because they thought he was joking and they were waiting for the punch line. Geesh.  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »

Those in the audience who were interviewed afterwards said they thought it was a joke at first and that's why there was so much laughter.  When they realized he was serious they were shocked.
Report Spam   Logged

Terry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 06:57:24 am »

No one condones blackmail.  But, no one should let this potential sexual harassment situation in the workplace go without an investigation.

www.fcc.gov/owd/understanding-harassment.html

CBS executives say that Letterman did not violate any workplace rules by having sex with people under his control.  Well, I guess if CBS said it's OK, that's good enough for me.  After all, they are the pillars of honesty and integrity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:35:24 am by Terry » Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

There is no sexual harrassment if it's consentual....................... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum