Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 06:25:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

NSA Had Access Built into Microsoft Windows

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA Had Access Built into Microsoft Windows  (Read 350 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: October 07, 2009, 07:32:13 pm »

A CARELESS mistake by Microsoft programmers has revealed that special access codes prepared by the US National Security Agency have been secretly built into Windows. The NSA access system is built into every version of the Windows operating system now in use, except early releases of Windows 95 (and its predecessors)

http://nationalexpositor.com/News/1128.html

And if you believe it was a 'careless mistake'...well,...

As anyone who has ever created a website should know, the vast majority of 'first-time' visitors are a collection of the various US intelligence agencies.  Okay,...it's a public website and they're just snooping around to see what it's all about.  But as this article points out, everyone who has a PC with a Windows OS also has 'unseen visitors,' poking around your files, seeing what you type on your keyboard as you type, that kind of thing.  You probably feel a lot safer now...Right?  And this has been going on post-Windows 95?  About ten years ago?

You didn't think that 'those in control' would actually 'let' Bill Gates be one of the richest men in the world for nothing, did you?

'The perfect slave is one who thinks he's free.'
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »

I'll will never purchase another Windows OS and once people realize they can put Ubuntu on any machine for free they will stop buying Microsoft crap.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
pesoto74

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 10:39:10 am »

Ubuntu is a nice operating system.  I am dual booting right now, however I can see myself going over to just linux one day.  The main thing that stops me now is that since I make web sites I need to see how they look in IE.  So far I haven't found an easy way to do that in Linux. 
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:21:33 am »

Ubuntu is a nice operating system.  I am dual booting right now, however I can see myself going over to just linux one day.  The main thing that stops me now is that since I make web sites I need to see how they look in IE.  So far I haven't found an easy way to do that in Linux. 

Hi Pesoto! and welcome! Glad to see you made it over this way.   Wink

I don't know that much about Ubuntu. Are you using it now? I guess that's what you mean by "dual booting"...that you are running both the Ubuntu OS and another OS. I've made a few web sites too and that was always a problem for me...trying to get everything looking right in all browsers. I don't use IE but I know it's always running in the background. I've had it with Win-doze.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
pesoto74

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:15:08 pm »

Right now I am using Vista since it came with the computer and Ubuntu.  It is set up so that I have the choice of using either operating system when the computer starts.  There is a program called Wubi that lets you install Ubuntu within Windows just just another program.  If you don't like it you can uninstall just like any other Windows program.  I think Linux is advanced enough now that most people could get along fine without windows.  And there are free programs for Linux like Firefox, Open Office and Gimp that can do most of the things that people use a computer for.

I probably am going to keep using the Wubi form of Ubuntu until I get my upgrade to Windows 7.  Then I will probably install Ubuntu on its own partition. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:39 pm »

I'd never heard of Wubi or Ubunta until you mentioned it. I downloaded it and installed. Took 5 hours to download and not quite so long for installation. I'm totally unfamiliar with it so I downloaded a pdf pocket guide for it. Gonna have to play with it for awhile. I use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard which created an obstacle. Had to hook a manual keyboard to pc to get the boot to Ubunta and then the mouse and keyboard wouldn't do anything with Ubunta. Guess I'll have to connect a manual mouse to get things started. Went from 86% unused disk space to 75% unused disk space. No problem there. Always nice to learn about something new. New to me that is......

Would for sure advise using disk cleanup and disk defragmenter after install.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:26:27 pm by Pretender » Report Spam   Logged

Bob
pesoto74

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 07:34:11 am »

I think you probably have to do some configuration to get bluetooth to work.  It seems like most things work automatically with linux these days, however once in a while there is something that needs some extra steps. One good thing about Ubuntu is that you can do a search for things you need help with and usually somebody has an answer.  I remember back ten years ago that it was a wonder to have linux just to work with your monitor out of the box. 
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 11:04:48 am »

Technology is making a huge leap and it's a very exciting time if you're a geek!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »

I think you probably have to do some configuration to get bluetooth to work.  It seems like most things work automatically with linux these days, however once in a while there is something that needs some extra steps. One good thing about Ubuntu is that you can do a search for things you need help with and usually somebody has an answer.  I remember back ten years ago that it was a wonder to have linux just to work with your monitor out of the box. 

Yep, I've got some tinkering to do. First I have to upgrade some stuff which indicates a need for another hour plus to download.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum