Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 11:30:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

To the moon Alice?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To the moon Alice?  (Read 300 times)
Winston

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:57:52 am »

I meant to ask if GA or Madisons had any good recipes for DISASTER, but NASA may have already brewed up some.  Oh well, if Friday's lunar bombing is anything like a recent bad tv movie about the moon exploding, forget cyberspace and 2012 -- we may all be waving to each other in real space very soon. Shocked  I'll just wave bye-bye for now instead...  Wink

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/09/14/lcross-impact-site-picked/
http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/observation.htm
http://shenews.projo.com/2009/10/nasa-to-stream-its-bombing-of.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »

Bomb the moon?

Sure, bombing things is one of the few things this country is famous for nowadays.

By any chance, has Israel declared the moon to be a threat to it's survival?

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »

Maybe Big Pharma and The Military just need that green cheese to cure their new super-bugs.   Wink  (... Now waving to the cheesy built-in NSA spies looking in my Windows XP... "Hi guys!"... )   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 08:56:57 pm »

By any chance, has Israel declared the moon to be a threat to it's survival?

No...God also gave the moon to the Jews. I'm sure it's written down somewhere.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:58:12 pm »

Maybe Big Pharma and The Military just need that green cheese to cure their new super-bugs.   Wink  (... Now waving to the cheesy built-in NSA spies looking in my Windows XP... "Hi guys!"... )   Grin

Seriously....I think they are trying to find water on the moon because we're about to run out!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:00:19 am »

Seriously....I think they are trying to find water on the moon because we're about to run out!  Shocked

Huh?  Huh But it's raining!   Wink 
Yep, hard for some to conceive that Earth's water is actually finite, and drinkable water, limited indeed.  (But then, I'm still perplexed by Illinois American Water being owned by Germans.  Earth and all creatures on it, endless mystery...)

Simple explanations of water crisis:
http://www.umac.org/ocp/videos/waterWaterEverywhere.html
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/opinion/story.html?id=5fae1bbc-e8db-4edb-8a65-a0604185a9d0
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:40 am »

Good links Winston. A lot of people don't realize just how serious this problems is. That's why it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they are truly looking for water on other planets...and of course the moon.  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:56 pm »

Sorry Winston, i just post that on another thread..i thot it was a joke at first..but again sorry, im still finding my way around here..
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 10:24:01 am »

We're only bombing the moon because we have so many bombs and not enough people to bomb. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Hhop

View Profile WWW
Signature Webmaster Level 3
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 03:05:59 pm »

We're only bombing the moon because we have so many bombs and not enough people to bomb. Grin

That is great!  Grin

Sort of an inventory reduction?
Report Spam   Logged

You don't have to stop playing when you get old, but you get old when you stop playing.
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:40 pm »

We got a lot of rain today..............wonder if it came from the moon................... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »

What if they found no water but MOONSHINE instead?   Wouldn't take much to get lightheaded up there.  Of course astronauts only drink Tang.  (But if they DO find water, won't that require some really long pipes?)  Roll Eyes

Sorry Winston, i just post that on another thread..i thot it was a joke at first..but again sorry, im still finding my way around here..

No prob, Nit -- still going in circles here myself.  I liked your idea at the other spot about sending corrupt politicians and talking heads to the moon, but darn, we're littering too much in space!   Maybe we could just put them in a zoo somewhere.  (Oh, silly me, I forgot ... we already have Congress.) 

I believe you Terry!  And I bet the Man in the Moon doesn't appreciate it one darn bit (will plot revenge -- launch moon rocks, re-route mad jumping cows, etc).     Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 08:16:59 pm »

What if they found no water but MOONSHINE instead? 

Well, I was off a bit, but knew somebody would find moonshine somewhere!   Wink  Guess this means next time astronauts hit the moon., they'll have to look under all the sheds (you know, the WATER-SHEDS).  Grin
(Also means census takers better be darn careful in North Carolina too.)  Sad
White lightnin': Police find 929 gallons of moonshine under shed in North Carolina mountains
By Associated Press,
8:37 PM CDT, October 9, 2009
WILKESBORO, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina authorities say they have found 929 gallons of moonshine under a shed in the mountains.

State Alcohol Law Enforcement officials say 63-year-old Roger Lee Nance of Wilkesboro was arrested Wednesday on charges including possession of non-tax-paid liquor for the purpose of selling.  Agency director John Ledford says it's one of the biggest mountain busts he can remember.

Spokeswoman Patty McQuillan says Nance stored moonshine in different-shaped containers under a shed in his backyard and was arrested following a two-month investigation.

A number listed for Nance was disconnected. A woman who answered another number identified herself as Nance's daughter-in-law and said she had no comment. It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.
http://www.kfor.com/news/sns-ap-us-odd-moonshine-bust,0,761305.story
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »

Good one Winston  , but ur right  we have a so called Congress..and they are just as bad and corrupt...but as long as WE THE PEOPLE, let them keep serving and getting re-elected..well i guess it is our own fault.. correction.. they are not serving anyone but themselves...Gtes disgustapating...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum