Vermilion Voice
April 16, 2024, 10:24:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Everyone pray for that little boy in the balloon!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone pray for that little boy in the balloon!  (Read 282 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: October 15, 2009, 01:55:41 pm »

Pray!
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:03:44 pm »

They said his parents designed the balloon...I would think that is a very good thing.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 02:14:05 pm »

6-year-old boy floats away in balloon

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_re_us/us_boy_in_balloon
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 02:41:27 pm »

Oh MY GOD....what is going on?
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 05:12:38 pm »

Boy alive found hiding in garage!
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »

I think the family may be a little different but I don't think they set this thing up.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:53:19 pm by DejaVu » Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 01:23:52 pm »

I'm with you DJ.  Their panic was too genuine....... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:54:02 pm »

From what I've seen I think the media has treated the family like crap.
Report Spam   Logged

granny1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »

The media always seem to try to find wrong in everything that happens. They need to be restained in some cases, but I really don't know how it would be done. They just run with a story and become out of control. They just seem to like to dig up garbage on every happening, sometimes warrented and most times not. And the greedy pulic eats it up. So sad.
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:13:57 pm »

The end result was positive. The boy is alive! That's what people were praying for. Sounds to me their prayers were answered.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:24:59 pm »

Their panic was too genuine....... Wink

Sounds to me their prayers were answered.

Well yeah, maybe, who knows?  Seems there's an "actor" if not "drama queen" in all of us, and people's ego-trips are a BIG obnoxious public thing these days, especially once fed and hyped by "reality show" bucks and BS.   

Granny1 said "So sad."  What I find saddest is PARENTS WHO DON'T BOTHER TO KEEP AN EYE ON WHAT THEIR KIDS ARE UP TO -- let alone what those adults themselves may put their poor kids "up to"!     Embarrassed

I think the sheriff is right to file some sort of criminal charges against the parents in all this ruckus when there are far more weighty local and universal issues to confront. 
Regardless, the Heenes now have their far-more-than-15-minutes of "fame" (or should it be "shame"?)   Huh

http://gawker.com/5383858/exclusive-i-helped-richard-heene-plan-a-balloon-hoax
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-10-17-balloon-boy_N.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

All I am saying is everybody was praying for the boy. If he was in the baloon is not what it was about. It was about the boy. Now we all know the boy is safe and at home with his family.
Now if there is more to how it happened, well I guess that's an altogether different topic. The original topic was for the safety of the boy.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »

... Now we all know the boy is safe and at home with his family. ...

If that boy has nutso egomaniac starstruck parents, we need to pray for all their kids!  As is well-documented by all cases of parental abuse and neglect, "safety" doesn't always lie in the "bosom of the family."

Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 11:11:30 pm »

Maybe our prayers should include the media who hype things up and the reality shows who take advantage of peoples ignorance........ Roll Eyes  Who knows what the truth is?   Like CL said the boy is safe and that's what matters.  If we continue this discussion,  we are no better than  the "egomaniac startstruck parents" or the media who hype things up.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:26 am »

Well i heard last night on the news, that they wud probly bring charges against the parents, for creating a Hoax. and checking with the FAA to see if any federal laws were braoken..TOOO MUCH REALALITY  T.V.    Stay turned , it was a terrible thing....but if it was a stunt, they will have to answer for it..   It has happened before, making up a story.. amd if they find out it was a hoax, they shud have to pay every penny that was maybe wasted on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum