C.A.R.A. (Citizens for Animal Rescue and Adoption)

(1/4) > >>

Carrie:

C.A.R.A. is a separate non-profit all-volunteer animal rescue group headquartered at 609 E. 5th St, Tilton, IL 61833, in the old church at the northeast end of Tilton's 14th Street bridge.

C.A.R.A. instituted a low-cost spay and neuter program ($50/cat; varying costs based on gender/size for dogs).  Since their start, they've arranged for more than 2,000 animals to be altered and have found new homes for over 900 animals.

C.A.R.A. shows their locally rescued cats and dogs for adoption every Saturday 10am-3pm at PET SUPPLIES PLUS, 2917 N. Vermilion St, Danville, IL 61832-1366, phone (217) 446-0870 (next to County Market North), and both local BIG R stores, 3363 N. Vermilion, Danville, and 1625 S. Georgetown Rd, Tilton.

Some of C.A.R.A.'s animals have special needs, as they have had a very rough life thus far, but most are perfect, some purebred, and all are beautiful loving creatures, eager and grateful for any attention or care shown to them.

As with any animal group, donations are always needed and greatly appreciated:   cat & dog food, litter, critter toys, cleaning supplies, bleach & disinfectant, cloth & paper towels, air freshener, old blankets, cages, carriers, crates, but most important, VOLUNTEERS and responsible HOMES - both permanent and foster.   Also, drivers to show the animals at their other locations  or to/fro spay/neuter clinics are especially helpful.

100% of any cash donations C.A.R.A. receives goes directly to the animals' needs, not to help pay for any sort of raffles, special dinners, outings or events.   C.A.R.A. is not funded by any city, county, state or federal taxes. 

Please call Connie Farrar at C.A.R.A. (217) - 799-8858 for more information or to help in any way.  Thank you.

Carrie:

Big Halloween '09 Weekend Rummage & Goodie Sale to benefit animals rescued locally!
1743 KING St., TILTON IL
OCT 30, 31, NOV 1, 2009  7am - 6pm

Anyone wanting to donate items or baked goods, please call 799-8858 to arrange drop off at the CARA Office (smaller building behind the church on NE end of Tilton's 14th St. bridge). 
Thank you and Happy Autumn! 

Guardian Angel:
Great program.  Hope you get lots of donations and volunteers.

nancyo:
I sure second that GA.  With the difficult economic times right now, even more pets are being relinquished.  I pray anyone wanting a pet checks out all our shelters and then donate the money they would have spent for a "pedigreed" animal to that same organization.

Winston:
I stopped by CARA in Tilton to unload donations for their fundraiser this weekend -- saw all kinds of really neat stuff and good bargains lining up.  They gave me a flyer -- apparently it's not just a tent rummage sale but also:
HALLOWEEN TREATS FOR KIDS IN COSTUME ON SATURDAY, OCT 31

OCT 30, 31, NOV 1, 2009  7am - 6pm
Covers two lots at 1743 KING STREET, TILTON IL

(Sponsored by friends of CARA [217-799-8858] and FETCH Dog Park)

Sounds like good fun and a great cause, sure hope the weather co-operates.  When I asked what the "Cat Church" might really need right now (they have SO MANY cats and dogs), was told -- non-clumping KITTY LITTER!  
So if you're in Tilton this weekend, why not stop by their sale and take along a bag of OIL-DRI or critter food? -- maybe they'll barter.  ;)

Quote from: nancyo on October 25, 2009, 10:58:38 pm

I pray anyone wanting a pet checks out all our shelters and then donate the money they would have spent for a "pedigreed" animal to that same organization.

Gosh, wouldn't THAT be nice!?  I'll never understand the shortsightedness of pedigrees or breeders -- but you know, nancyo, I saw Siamese and other discarded "pure-bred" looking pets there, all just begging for a new home.  I sure hope some will get one this weekend: "Hey Mom!  Look what I got in my Trick-or-Treat bag!"   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page