Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 12:12:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Cat catches swine flu

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat catches swine flu  (Read 226 times)
DejaVu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:40:48 pm »

Cat catches swine flu

November 4, 2009

Does the swine flu pandemic pose a threat to your pet? Yes, according to a report out today from the American Veterinary Medical Association.

A cat in Iowa has tested positive for the H1N1 virus, state officials confirmed this morning, "marking the first time a cat has been diagnosed with this strain of influenza," the association said in a statement.

"The cat, which has recovered, is believed to have caught the virus from someone in the household who was sick with H1N1. There are no indications that the cat passed the virus on to any other animals or people," the statement said.

The cat is 13 years old, and state health officials said two of the three family members that own the cat had suffered "influenza-like illness" before the cat got sick.They recovered too.

Before this kitty was diagnosed with the swine flu, the virus had been found in humans, pigs, birds and ferrets, the association said.

It is well known that some viruses can be transmitted from people to their pets so the case of the Iowa cat isn't a surprise. But the case is prompting the association, along with the American Association of Feline Practitioners, to remind pet owners "they should monitor their pets' health very closely, no matter what type of animal, and visit a veterinarian if there are any signs of illness."

The association is tracking all instances of H1N1 in animals and posting updates on its Web site.

Source: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2009/11/cat_catches_swine_flu.html?hpid=topnews

Is it well known that some viruses can be transmitted from people to their pets? Maybe there are but I don't know of any. This whole H1N1 virus thing gets stranger by the minute.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 04:04:26 pm »

AMEN!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:32:56 pm »

Spreading fear...

Medical workers balk at mandatory flu vaccines

...The H1N1 pandemic, which has killed about 3,900 Americans so far...

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5AC57F20091113

3900?  That's it?!   And Barky declared it to be a 'pandemic?'  C'mon...get real...shouldn't it be in the hundreds of thousands to be a 'pandemic?'

So...was there 'fear' in your heart?  Enough to have your kids injected with mercury?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »

H1N1 death toll hits 12,799: WHO

Swine flu has killed at least 12,799 people worldwide since it first emerged in Mexico in March 2009,...

It's estimated that between 250,000 and 500,000 people worldwide die from regular flu each year, including 4,000 to 8,000 in Canada, according to the WHO and the Public Health Agency of Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/01/08/h1n1-who.html

Pay no attention to the subtle US financial meltdown, we're fighting a 'war on terror' in which we have to 'eliminate' everyone on earth who 'hates us because of our freedoms.'

Pay no attention to the global freeze occurring because it's fits right into the 'global warming' that threatens to wipe out half of humanity and can only be stopped if we immediately pat higher energy bills.

Pay no attention to the toxicity of flouride, it prevents tooth decay (no it doesn't).

Use your eyes to watch soap operas and sports...use your ears to listen to 'Pills' Limbaugh...and of course you can rely on your congress-critter to represent your best interests...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:39:41 pm »

Excellent post Buz. I followed your link and started reading the comments. Someone had posted a link to the link below. At least the Europeans are getting it and waking up and BRAVO to the German military. And power to the people of internet world!  Grin

"The Citizens Have Won", Says Dr Marc Girard: Victory in Swine Flu Information War Made Possible By Internet

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:26:20 pm »

I don't know if there was anything about this in the MSM...but I don't think I particularly like the sounds of this....especially considering it's noted on the CFR's website.

Executive Order: Medical Countermeasures Following a Biological Attack

President Obama signed this executive order on December 30, 2009.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/21124/executive_order.html

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum