Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 04:28:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anyone getting any more info from Nixle notification system?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone getting any more info from Nixle notification system?  (Read 231 times)
Pretender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

I got a few alerts when this system was first started and then it went quiet. I believe it was EMS that was going to use it for Danville?
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:26 pm »

I got a few alerts when this system was first started and then it went quiet. I believe it was EMS that was going to use it for Danville?

What is it...I've never heard of it?
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 05:54:48 pm »

Quote:

Vermilion County is launching a new Community Information Service designed to deliver important and timely information to residents in our area using the latest technology.

This service, created by Nixle, LLC delivers trustworthy and important neighborhood-level public safety and community event notifications by web, e-mail, and cell phone.

Nixle is completely free, simple, and trusted.

Residents of Vermilion County can now take advantage of Nixle! Nixle is a community information service that alerts you to public safety threats and community events via web, e-mail, and cell phone. Sign up at www.nixle.com to register.
Register now and learn more at www.nixle.com. Then share this new service with friends and neighbors to spread the word!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:17:37 pm »

Evidently the 'important and timely information' only has to do with severe weather alerts.

When I signed up I suggested that it would be cool if they would put up photos of people that are wanted for questioning by police, like Crimestoppers of Champaign and other communities do.

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:37:40 pm »

Evidently the 'important and timely information' only has to do with severe weather alerts.

When I signed up I suggested that it would be cool if they would put up photos of people that are wanted for questioning by police, like Crimestoppers of Champaign and other communities do.

They must have gotten your suggestion and got right on it! http://www.nixle.com/about_consumer.html
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 06:05:14 am »

Presently the Nixle notification system in Vermilion County only deals with weather-related info.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »

Is Vermilion County still using the service? I attempted to find out at www.vercounty.org but was unable to find current information directed to nixle.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum