Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 01:09:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How can i post pictures?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i post pictures?  (Read 220 times)
Chazzy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: November 24, 2009, 08:02:48 pm »

I have tried drag an drop, copy an paste...even in some jokes they have pictures but wont show them on my post. Also i wud like to change my name, do i have to start all over?  Dont wanna do that unless i have to. and finally how do i post that little diddy or pic under my name...  being a man,                                                                                                                          thot i cud do
it on my own, but cant ....Help    Thanks,  Chazzy  A.K.A. Nit Wit
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:36:16 pm »

as far as changing your name, go to profile, and then account settings. You will see your user name. right under that is a text box with name. Type the name you want others to see you as............
Report Spam   Logged
Hhop

View Profile WWW
Signature Webmaster Level 3
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:54 am »

I believe that to post pictures you need a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket and then copy a direct link from whichever picture I choose.

Click on the Insert Image link, which is above the area you type, when you are posting. Then paste the link in between the two "img" that are in brackets.

You then have a picture in your post.........as below of my dog during one of my winter hikes; and below that my other dog during an early spring hike.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:14:57 am by Hhop » Report Spam   Logged

You don't have to stop playing when you get old, but you get old when you stop playing.
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:41 am »

I have tried drag an drop, copy an paste...even in some jokes they have pictures but wont show them on my post. Also i wud like to change my name, do i have to start all over?  Dont wanna do that unless i have to. and finally how do i post that little diddy or pic under my name...  being a man,                                                                                                                          thot i cud do
it on my own, but cant ....Help    Thanks,  Chazzy  A.K.A. Nit Wit

Hhop is right Chazzy...you need a place to upload your pictures. This is another place you can host photos... go here http://tinypic.com/ I don't think you even have to register...and click Browse to upload a picture you have saved on your computer. It will give you the code with the img brackets to copy & paste into the forum.

Bulletin Board Code

Click the link and scroll down to see the code for the image button and for all the other buttons on this forum

http://vermilionvoice.smfforfree4.com/index.php?action=help;page=post

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:56 pm »

Or you can click on "Additional Options..." while you are posting a reply and "Browse" your computer to find a pic on your PC and choose it to post. You may have to reduce the size of the pic prior to attaching it due to the limitations of file size. Hint: If you click on the pic while reading this post then it'll magically enlarge.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:19:47 pm by Pretender » Report Spam   Logged

Bob
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:33:50 pm »

Or you can click on "Additional Options..." while you are posting a reply and "Browse" your computer to find a pic on your PC and choose it to post. You may have to reduce the size of the pic prior to attaching it due to the limitations of file size. Hint: If you click on the pic while reading this post then it'll magically enlarge.

Gesh...I never paid any attention to the "Additional Options" to attach a picture that way. Wow...learn something new every day!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 07:30:25 pm »

All minor details............ Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:24 pm »

Thank you all very much, and you are right Pretender, it does indeed enlarge.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum