Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 09:14:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Reduce Section 8?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reduce Section 8?  (Read 458 times)
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 09:41:26 am »

I also get tired of people trying to sell their link cards for other purposes than what their link card was meant for. If not mistaken, the link card was meant for essentials, like food, etc. It was NOT meant for alcohol. Is that correct...?  It was not meant for cigarettes, or extra money to buy lottery tickets, or money to attend the latest concert.

Before some one goes off the deep end, I am sure there are some folks who might sell their link cards to pay bills, but I highly doubt that.

Many, not all of course, some people with the link card are simply too lazy to get a job to support them selves or their family. They would rather sit back and let other people (taxpayers) support them.  Is that fair? If they are physically disabled to the point that they can not work, that is a different story

I also am for drug testing, but will take it a step further. Give the applicants a physical exam, and if the doctors deem them fit for duty, have them working to earn their money. I am sure there are many jobs that the state or county could give them to do. It would serve 2 purposes. It would make them feel better about them selves, and it would help with some of the things that the governmental agencies can not get others to do. Cleaning highways, etc. I am sure you get the drift.
Yea, go Tuck! I'm for all that too! So tell us your thoughts about reducing Public Housing in Danville? Is that a good idea?
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 09:58:12 am »

I still say drug test all applicants.  It just pisses me off when someone trys to sell me their link card or they have steak in their cart and I have chicken.  At the very least they can ask me to dinner, since I paid for it! Roll Eyes
I'm losing alot of respect for you Todd. Why don't you set these people up with the authorities? I have seen where you have posted several times where you say you have been approached. If it pisses you off so much, set them up and have them arrested for selling them. They will never get food stamps under their name again. Instead of blowing your mouth about it here be a man and take action. Invite you to dinner? With the kind of attitude you have the thought of it makes me ill. So you don't like the idea your tax money going to feed the poor yet why aren't you complaining constantly about anything and everything that your tax money pays for.
When was the last time you sat down here and posted something nice about somebody? Lately you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Ever since that suit you filed against the old CN forum your old character disappeared. What happened to the old Todd?
As far as your chicken dinners go, there are alot of us who can only afford to eat the lower grade meat. Quit your bitching about it. Grow some testicles and say something to them if you believe they are eating better than what you are. I'm surprised you of all people are so judgemental. Todd, you are not the person I thought you were. As far as that suit, I think you are a blow hard and a big crybaby. I suppose you always ran home to momma when kids picked on you. Grow up!

Well now cant we speak our mind......    just because I believe that the system is being abused im the person in the wrong.  You really think you are going to get danville pd to do a sting on link cards?  And about my lawsuit,,,,, no im not a cry baby but if someone was attacking you on the way you are living, you would be mad also.  I give to the poor all the time.  I understand people have problems and hit bottom.  Im only talking about the system abusers which are ruining it for everyone.  Those that are just down on their luck will pass the drug test.  For the past several years instead of buying christmas presents for my family, I have been sponcoring a family and taking their kids out to buy some things and giving the family a gift card for food at county market.  I get the names on make a wish website and this has been a great thing.  As far as bringing my mother into the picture.... she has been dead for several years now and that was not the thing to say.  If you truly know me, you know im a very giving person.  I do without to help others.  If that is bad, then I guess your right.  We are not talking only that tax money is going to the poor.  We have been saying that those who want the help should have to be screened better.  I have said before, there are those that do not abuse the system.  Those people will pass the drug test.  When I used to own apartments in town, I would let tenants go months without paying because I knew their situation.  Cleaning lady I have lost my respect for you  also.  You know there is abuse of the system.  Wouldnt it be better to help those who really need the help and cut off the abusers?  Just think that money could go to helping towns like danville balance their budgets or in helping in other ways.  I do not attack anyone.  I simply state my opinion on issues that effect us all.  The city council seems to not be able to work the budget out so maybe we need to help them.  Public housing is costing our taxes way too much money.  If you have problems paying your mortgage is the city going to come help you?  No.  we are on our own.  Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I truly enjoy reading your post.
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 10:31:05 am »

I still say drug test all applicants.  It just pisses me off when someone trys to sell me their link card or they have steak in their cart and I have chicken.  At the very least they can ask me to dinner, since I paid for it! Roll Eyes
I'm losing alot of respect for you Todd. Why don't you set these people up with the authorities? I have seen where you have posted several times where you say you have been approached. If it pisses you off so much, set them up and have them arrested for selling them. They will never get food stamps under their name again. Instead of blowing your mouth about it here be a man and take action. Invite you to dinner? With the kind of attitude you have the thought of it makes me ill. So you don't like the idea your tax money going to feed the poor yet why aren't you complaining constantly about anything and everything that your tax money pays for.
When was the last time you sat down here and posted something nice about somebody? Lately you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Ever since that suit you filed against the old CN forum your old character disappeared. What happened to the old Todd?
As far as your chicken dinners go, there are alot of us who can only afford to eat the lower grade meat. Quit your bitching about it. Grow some testicles and say something to them if you believe they are eating better than what you are. I'm surprised you of all people are so judgemental. Todd, you are not the person I thought you were. As far as that suit, I think you are a blow hard and a big crybaby. I suppose you always ran home to momma when kids picked on you. Grow up!

Well now cant we speak our mind......    just because I believe that the system is being abused im the person in the wrong.  You really think you are going to get danville pd to do a sting on link cards?  And about my lawsuit,,,,, no im not a cry baby but if someone was attacking you on the way you are living, you would be mad also.  I give to the poor all the time.  I understand people have problems and hit bottom.  Im only talking about the system abusers which are ruining it for everyone.  Those that are just down on their luck will pass the drug test.  For the past several years instead of buying christmas presents for my family, I have been sponcoring a family and taking their kids out to buy some things and giving the family a gift card for food at county market.  I get the names on make a wish website and this has been a great thing.  As far as bringing my mother into the picture.... she has been dead for several years now and that was not the thing to say.  If you truly know me, you know im a very giving person.  I do without to help others.  If that is bad, then I guess your right.  We are not talking only that tax money is going to the poor.  We have been saying that those who want the help should have to be screened better.  I have said before, there are those that do not abuse the system.  Those people will pass the drug test.  When I used to own apartments in town, I would let tenants go months without paying because I knew their situation.  Cleaning lady I have lost my respect for you  also.  You know there is abuse of the system.  Wouldnt it be better to help those who really need the help and cut off the abusers?  Just think that money could go to helping towns like danville balance their budgets or in helping in other ways.  I do not attack anyone.  I simply state my opinion on issues that effect us all.  The city council seems to not be able to work the budget out so maybe we need to help them.  Public housing is costing our taxes way too much money.  If you have problems paying your mortgage is the city going to come help you?  No.  we are on our own.  Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I truly enjoy reading your post.
You know Marigold, it really helps to vent. You feel better? You should. I never said you are not a good person. I'm simply saying if you don't like what is going on get involved and do something about it. If you are constantly being approached by people who want to sell the link card, if not the police then public aid officials should be notified. I'm not against any of the things you are suggesting. I'm simply saying if you want to see a change then get involved.
Shouting about it on this forum will accomplish nothing. Thank you for helping those less fortunate during the holiday. Do you help them in July as well? What I am getting at is these people in need are not a seasonal need, it's an all year round need. Alot of people feel guilty filling themselves up at Thanksgiving or having hundreds of dollars worth of gifts under the tree at Christmas. That's when these people are thought about most because people know not everybody enjoys Christmas.
You struck a nerve with me Marigold when you say people on Link eat better than you. That may be true for some but not all. Not all abuse the system and sell their Link card. Not all buy expensive steaks. Please don't group all people as the same. Of all people you should know this and you should admit this is an unfair statement. Please don't read any more into what I am saying. If there is something you don't quite understand what I am saying, simply ask me. As far as your Mother, I meant no disrespect toward her. I was simply saying instead of confronting an issue that faces you, don't run to somebody else and have them protect you. I was referring to the suit on the former CN forum. I'm not saying you should not be angry at what was said about you but a hate crime is very hard to prove. People have opinions and they express them all the time. Stand up for what you believe in just like right here on this topic. I'm not trying to change your views toward abusers of the Link card. I'm just trying to show you they are not all alike. You have every right to your opinions here or anywhere for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 01:24:06 pm »

Im not mad or anything...... as ive said in my post, all do not abuse the links but alot do.  I dont let everyone else deal with the problems around.  If you know me well you know that I stand up with the problems in our county.  I talk to mayors, unions, contractors, and other politions to try to get things changed.  That is not running to someone and crying.  We elect these people to serve us.  I really am not mad at anything or anyone.  Im real cool headed these days.  I do however have some strong opinions...  I enjoy reading everyones post.  Its nice to know we can all vent and not get all mad and such.  Thank everyone for chatting.  This is a great way of getting out your frustrations.
Report Spam   Logged
techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 09:14:40 pm »

We MUST reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers available in the Danville area. Our "service" centers are overloaded, our schools are overloaded, we simply can't handle it.
I'm all for Section 8 and assisted housing. I just don't want people moving here from somewhere else to take advantage of our "vacancies". Let's reduce the number of vouchers available then when a public housing unit is empty, knock it down.
I'm a charitable person and give what I can, but not to the point that it breaks me.
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »

We MUST reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers available in the Danville area. Our "service" centers are overloaded, our schools are overloaded, we simply can't handle it.
I'm all for Section 8 and assisted housing. I just don't want people moving here from somewhere else to take advantage of our "vacancies". Let's reduce the number of vouchers available then when a public housing unit is empty, knock it down.
I'm a charitable person and give what I can, but not to the point that it breaks me.
Reducing the amount of vouchers available will only drive more of these same families you speak of right into public housing. All you are doing is moving people around town. Ain't none of them are leaving anytime soon. Too bad for those who were born and raised here.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
kdi307

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 11:59:24 am »

they need to put a priority where danville residents get first dibbs not chicago area people 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum